The eBay topic is intended for Mumsnet members to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business there is a Small Business classified topic where, for £30, you can advertise your company or products for 90 days. If you are a larger business and wish to advertise on Mumsnet please email contactus@mumsnet.com.

helppp!!

(6 Posts)
NandH Wed 27-Feb-13 09:26:16

I've bidded on and won a cooker (this was Monday) we're desperate for one as have just moved and have 2 little ones!

I messaged seller straight after asking when's best to pick it up asap would be good, I still havnt heard anything from seller :-/ ... usually sellers get back to me within 12hours!

shall I message seller again? should I have expected to of heard from seller by now?

I havnt paid for this cooker via PayPal or anything thank god, seller states cash on collection!

NandH Wed 27-Feb-13 09:51:42

bump...

rockinhippy Wed 27-Feb-13 10:09:02

I'd message them again, your message may have been lost amongst many if they sell a lot, not very professional, but it happens

there's also the possibility they didn't get the asking price they hoped for & are going to welsh on the deal, but give them the benefit of the doubt for now & keep messaging them, if you don't hear by the weekend then maybe think about leaving scathing feedback & perhaps raising it as a complaint as not selling you the item for the price you won it at is breaking eBay rules - my DH has had this happen with items he has won & doing this forced to sellers hand & DH picked up the item he won a week later

Good luck

fergoose Wed 27-Feb-13 10:12:38
NandH Wed 27-Feb-13 10:14:09

damm ok, I've won it at £160, which seems about average for used cookers on eBay :-/ I will message again now smile

rockinhippy Wed 27-Feb-13 10:26:55

Theres probably a valid reason then, alf term & all that they may have been away & ran over into the first week of term, lost internet connection, etc etc -

If it does turn out to be a problem & you don't get your cooker though, have you thought about putting a wanted add on your local "Freegle, Greencycle or Freecycle" ?? You could well pick one up on there for free, people do get rid if a lot of good stuff on there, I put our old cooker up on our local one & i was shocked despite it been a good cooker in full working order, it actually took me ages to get rid of it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now