The eBay topic is intended for Mumsnet members to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business there is a Small Business classified topic where, for £30, you can advertise your company or products for 90 days. If you are a larger business and wish to advertise on Mumsnet please email contactus@mumsnet.com.

Negative feedback after I won a Paypal dispute

(5 Posts)
Autumnalgold Tue 20-Nov-12 18:23:49

Have received untrue and nasty feedback from a buyer, despite him having started a Paypal dispute and the having decided in my favour (because I had proof of attempted Royal Mail delivery etc etc).

Really wish Ebay would not allow feedback from either party when there has been a dispute. My 100% positive feedback is now sullied and I have done nothing wrong.

fergoose Tue 20-Nov-12 18:28:26

if it mentions paypal it can be removed - what does it say?

Autumnalgold Tue 20-Nov-12 18:31:45

Thanks fergoose, doesn't mention Paypal but includes words 'Ebay refused to refund'. I have reported it to Ebay and asked them to delete on this basis as I understand feedback isn't allowed to mention a dispute. Just don't understand why they allow feedback after a dispute - it's so likely the unsuccessful party is going to say something horrible

VIX1980 Tue 20-Nov-12 19:34:30

I may be completely wrong, but say you went to leave feedback for this buyer, does it now not come up with a chance to report the buyer and explain why? is this what you mean you have done or just reported in general.

Sorry if im stating the obvious, my friend reported and had bad feedback removed from her account so good luck smile

Autumnalgold Tue 20-Nov-12 20:03:26

Thanks VIX. Yes I have specifically reported the feedback. From what I have read though, even if Ebay remove the actual feedback comments, the 'negative' rating still stands.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now