The eBay topic is intended for Mumsnet members to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business there is a Small Business classified topic where, for £30, you can advertise your company or products for 90 days. If you are a larger business and wish to advertise on Mumsnet please email contactus@mumsnet.com.

Been asked to cancel sale after transaction complete

(10 Posts)
HiccupHaddockHorrendous Tue 20-Nov-12 13:50:02

I bought a low value item last week. Received it and left positive feedback.

They've emailed today to say they're glad I was pleased with my item and the reason they were selling things was to make some extra cash so would I cancel the sale so that they could get their fees back.

I don't know whether to reply and say no, report to eBay or ignore.

WWYD?

Vajazzler Tue 20-Nov-12 13:51:56

Sounds a bit cheeky to me!

Vajazzler Tue 20-Nov-12 13:52:14

<Unhelpful>

HiccupHaddockHorrendous Tue 20-Nov-12 13:54:58

Doesn't it just! And I won their item for just over £5 so they'd only get 50p or so refunded anyway!

Vajazzler Tue 20-Nov-12 14:00:05

Have they left feedback?

ontheedgeofwhatever Tue 20-Nov-12 14:08:24

I'd just ignore it. Making money is the reason we all sale on ebay - I for one don't do it for the good of my health grin. technically I think you'd be aiding and abetting fraud if you agreed to cancel

HiccupHaddockHorrendous Tue 20-Nov-12 14:12:56

Yes, they've already left FB.

I'd never agree to it. Infact, not sure if it's even possible after I've paid unless they were to refund me first.

fergoose Tue 20-Nov-12 14:28:11

no don't ignore it- if you do nothing they will get their fees back and the transaction will be cancelled. You must refuse the cancellation and do report them to ebay too - I would leave follow up to the pos feedback you have left also. I agree they are being fraudulent

HiccupHaddockHorrendous Tue 20-Nov-12 14:52:58

They haven't officially requested a cancellation through eBay. They have emailed me asking me to request cancellation. I did wonder about adding to my original FB.

fergoose Tue 20-Nov-12 14:54:10

oh ok - well if they do send a cancellation request make sure you refuse it if you want to stop them getting their fees back. You can't request the cancellation yourself, so I dunno why they asked you to do it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now