This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Just had first complaint

(83 Posts)
ontheedgeofwhatever Sat 03-Nov-12 11:23:13

From a lady claiming top i sent was covered in stains which I'm sure it wasn't. I've asked her to send photos of stains and said I'll issue full refund if she does or said she can return it to me.

I do check clothes carefully and point out flaws but it COULD have slipped through the net without me realising so giving benefit of doubt but I've got photos and can't find any stains

Probably just refund her in the end though

vintageviolets Tue 06-Nov-12 23:26:23

I've got clothes that can go,also, I will look into it more with that info, thanks.

Oh yes that's an idea. I have loads of kids stuff to get rid of.

DowagersHump Tue 06-Nov-12 23:31:57

I give stuff to my local refuge too - I haven't ever had much trouble selling stuff on ebay but I've only ever sold expensive stuff - for £2.80, unless you're in dire straits, the aggro that so many people report makes it seem hardly worth it sad

I think they've killed it really - as someone said the other day, only pro sellers are going to be left if they continue to bat for the buyers as much as they do currently. And tbh, you're the one who pays them for the sale so you should get some kind of service out of them but you really don't

LineRunner Tue 06-Nov-12 23:34:03

God yes, my nut job buyer bought clothes for under £2.50!

ontheedgeofwhatever Wed 07-Nov-12 12:19:07

FGS she's now sent a message to say she's sparyed it with anti bacterial spray, wrapped it in nappy bags and returned it in the post and wants £4.50 postage oh and while I'm at it she notes I've got another peppa pig top on auction so could she have that one instead please as its such a shame to disappoint her dd

NO and NO

Poor woman i think she must be mildly deranged. Have added her to my block bidders list

shock

I think it's worth completely ignoring that one.

Oh but can you please update us when the package arrives, I'd love to know what she actually sends back!

fergoose Wed 07-Nov-12 13:07:38

oh bloody hell - she really is off her rocker.

She sounds like a complete loon! Tell her to bog off.

vintageviolets Wed 07-Nov-12 13:38:09

£4.50??? Is a courier bringing it via Concorde?
<faints>

Abra1d Wed 07-Nov-12 13:45:34

I don't sell on eBay any more. It just seems too much hassle. It's a shame. I am sitting on quite a few potentially good sells but I can't face it. I sold quite happily for years and years but there are too many nutcases getting their own way now.

So you've refunded her, told her to keep the top and she's still not happy?

That's insane. Presumably she thinks you'll accept the old top and swap it (at your own expense) for the one she wants???

CelineMcBean Wed 07-Nov-12 16:42:44

Oh I love a good nutter thread <<happy sigh>>

Sorry for you op because that is a bit shit. I'm agog though wanting to know what happens next.

LineRunner Wed 07-Nov-12 18:28:31

OK, I'm taking on bets on who thinks the 'stinky top' will actually ever arrive back with onthe edgeofwhatever?

fergoose Wed 07-Nov-12 18:30:38

I reckon she has sent you something really odd back - like a pound of sausages or an old jigsaw puzzle or something. - it will need to be something totally random and irrelevant.

TheMonster Wed 07-Nov-12 18:32:19

She sounds barking mad.

TheMonster Wed 07-Nov-12 18:32:40

The spray she has out on it may well have stained it!

LineRunner Wed 07-Nov-12 18:36:45

I think it won't arrive, but she'll pester you for the £4.50 plus the other top for free, whilst keeping the original top and the full refund.

alemci Wed 07-Nov-12 18:44:01

tbh it sounds like she is making it up. if you are anything like me, you would only sell stuff that you would be happy to buy yourself or was in good condition. anything with stains i wouldn't be bothered to list apart from if it was a minute one and then i would always mention it..

she sounds like a weirdo. some of these people need to get a life. (like me really grin

ontheedgeofwhatever Wed 07-Nov-12 21:13:55

I haven't heard from her all evening - maybe she's found someone else to harass.

The amazing thing is that her feedback is excellent. Perhaps its just me she doesn't like. I've just spent half an hour listing more things.I've got a whole suitcsase of stuff to get rid of. Its only going for 99p mainly but it all helps

DowagersHump Wed 07-Nov-12 21:20:36

Did you list the peppa pig top she says she wants before she complained that the top you sent needed fumigating?

I'm wondering if that's the reason. Otherwise she is simply certifiable

aimingtobeaperfectionist Wed 07-Nov-12 21:23:29

Just marking my place as I'm dying to see what she sends back!!
I've had a few run ins with people on eBay, I'm guessing they've changed their mind but I don't accept returns! I'm totally honest about my stuff.
The worst though is when someone bids and never pays, never answers a message and you ten have to open a case. Why bother bidding?! And you can't leave them negative feedback angryangryangry

MisForMumNotMaid Wed 07-Nov-12 21:24:13

But if she doesn't sell she can only receive positive or no feedback which makes feedback a complete farce!

MrsDeVere Wed 07-Nov-12 21:26:33

I used to get really upset about mad complaints. They would keep me up at night!

Then I realised that one nutter leaving bad feedback was not going to make a blind bit of difference to someone who really wanted something I was selling.

I relaxed immediately. grin

I do not get into disputes but I never back down if someone is taking the pee.
Someone once started a 'item not as described' because he maintained that the correct length for a pair of women's trousers was 32 inches and the trousers I had sold his wife were not 32 inches.

Despite me giving full details in the description including leg length confused
He lost.

One woman demanded a refund because the top I sold her didnt reach her before she went on holiday. She didn't ask about posting before bidding and bought the top two days before she went away. The top wasn't even a 'holiday' top.
She lost

A woman told me a coat I had sent her arrived without postage and she had to pay. She sent me a photograph of the parcel with the excess charge printed on it.
I paid up. A pita as the coat was only 99p but fairs fair.

izzywizzyisbizzy Wed 07-Nov-12 21:27:57

Ive had one of these, I had a message saying my outfit was covered in sick, no way, no way at all - for a start DD was exclusively breast fed and NEVER sick.

I just refunded though, it simply wasnt worth the hastle.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now