The eBay topic is intended for Mumsnet members to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business there is a Small Business classified topic where, for £30, you can advertise your company or products for 90 days. If you are a larger business and wish to advertise on Mumsnet please email contactus@mumsnet.com.

Bought some boots, supposed to be a sz 8, got a sz 10

(16 Posts)
fergoose Mon 08-Oct-12 17:20:08

once the option is there to escalate it will be visible - when you click on the case it will say respond, close or escalate to customer support. If the latter isn't there try again tomorrow.

januaryjojo Mon 08-Oct-12 17:13:30

Hi, the seller is now messaging me, telling me to escalate this as there is no way she will refund me.

How do I do that please?

Thanks.

januaryjojo Mon 01-Oct-12 16:50:59

Yep, I had this in another window so I could copy what you said to do!

Thanks will ignore from now on then.

fergoose Mon 01-Oct-12 16:35:47

when you opened the case did you tick the box other and write in next to it refund?

I would stop communicating with her now if I were you - wait until you can escalate it to eBay CS and see what they say. Hopefully they will refund you without the need for return.

It seems so many more sellers are dishonest in this way - and they just don't care. Once the item has been sold and sent they seem to wash their hands of it. Luckily you have eBay to complain to, plus bad feedback and low stars can also be left by you once it is done with.

You can't send them pics I don't think. Don't worry though eBay will go in your favour it just might take a few days smile

januaryjojo Mon 01-Oct-12 16:03:01

How would I add pics to send to eBay CS??

Want to show the measurements etc.

januaryjojo Mon 01-Oct-12 16:01:36

Yep!

she is saying they are a US 10 now!!

I have measured them and in cm they are coming up at least a uk 9!

She is refusing to refund, I think she bought them and found the same thing, too big for a sz 8.

She wants it to go to eBay, I;ve just repeated what i've said here, measuring at a 9 (at least), and that she had no actual pictures of the item just ones copied from another seller.

I can see this dragging. sad

fergoose Mon 01-Oct-12 12:59:04

so they also stole the pics from another eBayer - another rule broken then!

januaryjojo Mon 01-Oct-12 12:47:21

Have had to open a case. sad

They are sticking to the no refunds thing.
The seller even linked to a listing they had taken the pics from!

januaryjojo Mon 01-Oct-12 11:39:53

They don't fit they are about an inch too big sad

What Bonzo said - US 10 is a UK 8 so they might actually fit you fine.

fergoose Mon 01-Oct-12 11:27:43

you will have to pay to return them, unless the seller is decent enough to give you those costs too - but you will get all of your original payment back including the P&P

Collect Plus may be cheapest way to return - you will need a signature.

And seller stating no returns means absolutely nothing so do not be fobbed off - if they are awkward just open a case with eBay, but tick the box marked other and write next to it refund, then you may get a refund without the need for a return.

januaryjojo Mon 01-Oct-12 11:27:39

Hi I'm expecting that, I havene't opened a case yet, waiting to hear back from the seller with an address hopefully.

Just concerned it will get messy and I'll end up out of pocket for their mistake.

bonzo77 Mon 01-Oct-12 11:26:30

Have you tried them on? They might be a foreign 10 which is actually an 8. Like USA or Australian.

Ebay will tell you to send them back tracked delivery for a refund. They are not as described or fit for purpose (wrong size) and hopefully the seller will be ok about it as it is their mistake.

januaryjojo Mon 01-Oct-12 11:15:26

Anticipating an awkward seller, (hopefully they won't be) but forearmed and all that!

Basically bid on some boots, size 8.

Boots arrived this weekend, they are a 10, clearly marked on the bottom.

Been on to eBay, contact seller, it says they don't except returns.

Where do I stand and how do I handle this if they get difficult?

I have emailed them through eBay and stated the above.

Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now