IS this the only dads net there is just an add on???????

(232 Posts)
happy4eva Thu 04-Aug-11 22:15:26

Is there not a special websites for dads like mumsnet or nannet???????????

Jasonjames85 Tue 08-Nov-16 21:30:47

Hi theres a dads group called www.thedadnetwork.co.uk
Really good for Dads

HillaryFTW Wed 02-Nov-16 19:17:17

Goodness, the pace is hotting up round here.

Ba da boom tish.

JedRambosteen Wed 02-Nov-16 19:06:56

Time to poke the fire?

wombattoo Tue 01-Nov-16 20:44:54

<pops in for a look around and tries not to bump the thread>
Sorry

JedRambosteen Tue 01-Nov-16 20:36:49

I like it. A slow burn. wink

VoyageOfDad Tue 01-Nov-16 19:54:04

< ruffles newspaper , pokes fire >

BoneyBackJefferson Mon 31-Oct-16 22:08:17

careful now

JedRambosteen Mon 31-Oct-16 21:32:16

I am contemplating mischeviously reigniting this thread by posting. Oops!

BoneyBackJefferson Fri 28-Oct-16 10:54:53

walks in, taps pipe.

StrictlyPan Fri 28-Oct-16 10:41:19

About one fifth of all posts on this dear old thread in the last week.
What were you all thinking??????
Enough to make you wonder about sexual technics....

StrictlyPan Fri 28-Oct-16 10:36:23

And calm.............

BaronessBomburst Thu 27-Oct-16 22:52:23

Blokes chat on Pistonheads.
And lots of MNers also have accounts there.
It's a long story......

EmmaMacGill Wed 26-Oct-16 18:31:45

Fifa, this thread was started 5 years ago! there are poster on here who have name changed more that once since then and have become super sock puppets. Best advice for Mumsnet, have a sense of humour and hide AIBU and Relationships, you really don't wanna go there

VoyageOfDad Wed 26-Oct-16 13:04:55

Uh oh.

FIFA, rule two of dadsnet.

Don't go into Feminist Chat and start arguments.

There's no winning there and it winds them all up.

KimmySchmidtsSmile Wed 26-Oct-16 12:19:48

Also wonder why a similar site Dadsnet equivalent hasn't taken off the way Mumsnet did...why two SAHD didn't do the same thing one day. <just musing> I can't think of a site but then again, haven't felt the need to look. Assume any new Dadsnet/Netdads sites would now get sued for copyright infringement confused Wonder how much traffic Gransnet gets.
PapasDoPreach...not a very catchy title really is it?
Ah well. Have to stop procrastinating. As you were.
(Although I might try and get this thread single handedly to forty pages by 2017 just for shits and giggles Like a challenge.)

KimmySchmidtsSmile Wed 26-Oct-16 12:10:06

^Oh I think it's lovely with older ones (do Just Dance with mine and karaoke, not really a gamer) just thinking back to the baby, toddler days. I have a teen, a primary schooler and a preschooler. Joy. I plug them into the Matrix (kindles) to get some down time so you are doing far better than me voyage in that you are at least playing with them. Sorry to hear your chat threads go awry/get derailed as there are countless threads on hapless husbands. Double standards maybe. I guess that's where anonymity/genderless posting does make sense...when people start a thread in chat on What my partner has done to annoy me this week etc no one can be accused of misogyny or misandry. I am an equal opportunity hater so could not care less (misanthrope or highly functioning sociopath, take your pick!)

VoyageOfDad Wed 26-Oct-16 11:51:30

Well I'm sitting with my 8 year old dd happilly playing on the PS.

As for dadsnet threads where blokes just chat, in my memory they get infiltrated by the thought police and eventually shut down....

KimmySchmidtsSmile Wed 26-Oct-16 11:31:14

^ Ah I was just being thick... You/posters across the forum have created 27 pages worth of threads on different topics underneath this "umbrella". That's not bad going/so much of a tumbleweed then. Although I am not getting the Tesla thread....I will look at it in a minute with a brew before posting a pic of David Bowie (has to count cos of The Prestige dammit).

KimmySchmidtsSmile Wed 26-Oct-16 11:22:15

It is the best resurrected zombie thread ever...don't you guys (those of you who are guys) ever use it to just, you know, chat?! grin
About football and stuff. <yes, I am being a goady bugger and yes, of course you can accuse me of sexism. Genuine question though.
It's a strange one cos a lot of so-called 'cliques' (quiches for newbies) are really just threads where the members kept the convo going and got to know each other fairly well from that. Is that generally not a very male thing to do...to check in with each other, compare notes with other dads and support each other on here (and no, I am not saying you should be confined to one thread, not at all, just curious as to why there's not a camaraderie/brotherhood of pan thing going on (that was just for Pan, if he wanders on here, I like puns).
Waves to Fifa six days to go <cackles> thlgrin <me. You do realize that with a baby, neither you nor your gf are ever going to be harsdcore gamers ever again?! Juice over your console, toast in the playstation, frazzled gf chucking the damned thing out the window...
Do you really insult each other and is that "bantz" hmm part and parcel of gaming? I have not researched Gamergate save for a Charlie Brooker article (well written) and Jon Robson mentioned it in his Shame book (very good book, recommend it).
Are there are other topics within Dadsnet? Am off to look.

Shakey15000 Wed 26-Oct-16 07:19:19

I've cleared a space in my diary to read the recent posts. It's all too much, too soon and smelling salts may come into play

OutDamnedWind Wed 26-Oct-16 07:09:58

It's a joke, Fifa. This thread has been going since 2011, and is a bit of a longstanding joke at how slowly it moves. Someone will come and post on it every few months just to keep it going.

The thread hasn't seen this much activity since, well, I don't know when grin

And there I go, helping it gallop on its way to 1000 posts and certain doom.

FifaFater Wed 26-Oct-16 01:07:25

Fifa by the rules of this thread your child needs to have to have teeth or be walking before you post on here again.

???

EmmaMacGill Tue 25-Oct-16 21:01:13

Bloody hell what's all this kerfuffle! Last time I checked in this thread was moving at the rate of an ice floe. Slow down I'm getting dizzy!!
Fifa by the rules of this thread your child needs to have to have teeth or be walking before you post on here again. Feel free to post elsewhere on Mumsnet though smile

VoyageOfDad Tue 25-Oct-16 18:46:56

Can we slow down please, at this rate the thread will be full up by 2018.

OutDamnedWind Tue 25-Oct-16 18:11:20

I've rather given up on life when it comes to the election. You might enjoy the News and Politics boards.

Photos of Nikola Tesla, on the other hand...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now