i try so hard to stop spending, then so much shit comes along...

(29 Posts)
iloveithere Wed 22-Jan-14 16:34:56

and i have to spend large amounts of money. Since Christmas I've tried so hard to cut back, but I've needed to pay for:
school shoes, school cardigan, essential repairs to the car, light bulb for the fish tank, music lessons, guides subs, vet bills (excess on the insurance)
I don't think i can pay out any more money, but i know something else will turn up. I had budgeted for the guides subs and the music lessons (but the school increased the cost this term so it was more that I expected)

Why does life have to throw up so many hurdles??????

MsAspreyDiamonds Fri 07-Feb-14 04:13:19

Just paid out �200 for a new room & �200 in bank charges as my dh forgot the pin, locked us out of our account & it went into unapproved overdraft. So by the time it was all sorted out we had iccured hefty charges. He has a habit of doing stuff like this.

MsAspreyDiamonds Fri 07-Feb-14 04:17:00

I am going t start selling all the old baby clothes & equipment and keeping that money for emergencies like January. After everything is paid out in Jan, I have no money left so the e-bay income could become my 2nd salary ifyswim.

stressed61 Fri 07-Feb-14 17:51:13

It is annoying when you make plans for money you struggle to save. It happens to us alot all the time.

There have been times when I have planned to treat myself then an emergency comes up and I have to forget getting my nails done, buying underwear et c. sad

I console myself with the fact that at least the money was there to meet the need.

I would love to have long term savings as well as money saved for emergencies. Everything we save for is short term.

I would fell more secure knowing at least £10k was in the bank and debt was fully paid off.

stressed61 Fri 07-Feb-14 17:56:26

Msasprey £200 in bank charges! I am sorry. I have almost cried when charged £30

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now