Anyone used those cash for clothes places?

(6 Posts)
chirpchirp Mon 27-May-13 20:33:34

I've used cash for clothes a couple of times, mainly for things like old bedding, curtains and towels. Like others have said it's only 50p per kg but when it's stuff you can't sell on EBay and not good enough for charity shops it seems like a good solution.

daisydalrymple Mon 20-May-13 12:42:51

I've used music magpie a few times for clothes - stuff I know wouldn't sell on ebay, but still very good condition. They give about £1 per top/jumper, sometimes £1.80-£2 pair of jeans. You just enter the details on the website, they give you a price then tell you how many boxes to pack stuff into and labels to print. You pick a day for a pick-up (also get option of leaving boxes outside house if you're not around in daytime) then get a cheque a week of so later.

newtonupontheheath Mon 20-May-13 11:02:18

I got £8 for 16kg (50p/kg) which was great because it was stuff too tatty to sell and I'd have to walk to the charity shop which wasn't manageable with baby and toddler (and bags!) so we popped to the cash for clothes thing near us then went for lunch at the sainsburys cafe when we'd finished shopping. Nice unexpected treat.

LynetteScavo Sat 18-May-13 21:31:31

You don't get masses of money, but there is only so much you can dump on charity shops before it gets embarrassing. I got about £8 last summer for about 4 bags. All you do is go in and dump the bags on massive scales and they hand over a the cash.

You can always give it to charity. Or buy the DC ice creams like I did

jenduck Sat 18-May-13 21:18:15

I've done it a few times & got around £7-9 for about 4/5 black binbags of clothes with clothesforcash.com.

I have things that won't sell on eBay but I could do with the extra cash.

I can't decide if its a good idea or not?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now