how much is your dual fuel bill?

(155 Posts)
Hattie11 Sun 07-Oct-12 21:39:12

We pay 76 a mth at the moment although I'm frightened once heating kicks in they'll put it up as always happened with previous company.

We are in 3 bed semi with gas central heating. I'm at home most days with 2 youngest. Currently don't have loft insulation, but just installing it hoping it will make a big difference.

So....does our bill seem high or low compared to yours?

ScrambledEggAndToast Sat 17-May-14 21:00:33

£69pcm in a approx 6yr old 2 bed flat. Property is really well built and maintained. I only have the heating on for a couple of hours a day as I work full time plus I have a thermostat which regulates the heat and helps to save money.

theywillgrowup Mon 19-May-14 21:39:45

duel fuel £126 month

but had a recent rebate of £250 so really use approx £100 a month

3 bed detached 1adult 1 7yr old and 2 energy using teens,no dryer

but i have an open fire in lounge so cost of wood on top

double glazed,well insulated,cavity wall insulation,new boiler

dosent sound to bad compared to some

libbymac85 Wed 02-Jul-14 10:00:03

I've just switched supplier as our monthly DD was £216 from April which I felt was crazy for a 3 bed (2 adults one toddler). Up until then we were comfortably paying £75 which was fine. Now we've made the switch I've just been given our final bill, which considering the time of year we're switching we really ought to be receiving credit due to very little usage. Instead our bill is OVER £600!!
Unfortunately I never took regular readings so the gas for sure has just been estimated bills. But surely anything estimated would be the average usage for a family of our size in a 3 bed! I want to refuse to pay as I don't have this type of money and don't understand how it would have got to this much. It's ridiculous.
How should I act on this? the supplier is Npower, we have now moved to first utility. Can anyone help me???

gutted2014 Wed 02-Jul-14 12:26:34

Can't help you, but can join in being cross with Npower. They have just, without notice, doubled the amount of our direct debit from £83 to £166, even though it is summer and we are £123 in credit hmm angry This has left us short this month as DH has also just started working again & is waiting to be paid sad

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 02-Jul-14 16:29:22

Npower are in trouble with the regulator over billing. Email the CEO of npower and complain directly to him.

It's the highest level of complaints, you want to start a complaint procedure and go to the regulator.

Did you give actual readings to leave or have they estimated it?.

I only keep our useage so low because I hate power companies so much blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now