Self Publishing - please talk me through it.

(5 Posts)
SirRaymondClench Tue 24-Sep-13 12:14:09

Spare that's really kind of you! Count on me PMing! smile I have finished my manuscript pretty much so now got to write all the other bits that go with a self published book. Then illustrations!! So really not finished at all yet but the story is.

KDP has a free guide to publishing, it talks you through the process step by step.
The hardest bit I found was getting a US tax number, if you're not near London it's a right faff! In the end I got an Employers tax number (as a sole trader) instead of an individual one.
PM me if you get stuck at any point, I'll see if I can help.

SirRaymondClench Mon 12-Aug-13 09:44:49

Thank you Turnip that is really helpful. I will join AbsoluteWrite too and have a read. Seems to be so much to learn!

TunipTheUnconquerable Sun 11-Aug-13 16:29:40

If you google Madame Guillotine's blog, she has some great advice.
I go on a forum called AbsoluteWrite.com which has a self-publishing section where I expect you would find what you need, though I haven't been in that area myself.

SirRaymondClench Sun 11-Aug-13 13:16:00

I have an idea and a draft so far for a book and am working on it.
It's a fairly niche subject so I think that narrows down for me agents/publishers etc.
I have read about people self publishing and selling on Kindle etc and wondered if there was a step by step guide anywhere as to how to go about self publishing. <hopeful emoticon> or any sites where this is possible that people have used and can recommend.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now