This topic is for discussing cots and beds . If you want to buy or sell cots and beds, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Bad experience with Mothercare - what to try next?

(4 Posts)
EllaRees Tue 30-Jul-13 20:48:27

Has anyone got any tips on dealing with Mothercare? We ordered a bed and mattress for our son's third birthday (his first proper bed), but the mattress mysteriously vanished in transit, which I guess is the courier's fault. We emailed and phoned the Customer Services and both times they said the mattress (and ALL 3ft mattresses they did) are out of stock and discontinued! They promised they'd ring back but didn't. They agreed it's up to them to honour the sale (they have charged my credit card) but don't seem to be doing anything. I wrote to the complaints address enclosing print outs of the emails and still no answer.

I'm getting quite angry now, and the birthday deadline has come and gone. We placed the order at the beginning of July and requested delivery 23 July, so have been chasing it up for a week now.

LisaThope555 Tue 30-Jul-13 21:15:41

If all else fails talk to your credit card company - they may be able to refund so you can at least buy elsewhere.

EllaRees Wed 31-Jul-13 19:59:05

Good thinking - thank you!

ClaraOswald Wed 31-Jul-13 20:04:22

Go into the nearest store, explain that the mattress has gone missing in transit and that you need a refund to source one from elsewhere. Print off and take a copy of you order with you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now