Pregnacare Conception side effects

(10 Posts)
GonnaDoItAnyway Mon 13-Jun-16 20:39:17

Had anyone else had any side effects of these vitamins? Both dp and I have been taking them for the past few weeks. He is fine and dandy where as I feel bloated and have almost constant nausea. Tonight I actually chucked after just smelling his dinner. (I couldn't face eating).

All the reviews I have read have been really positive and I want to persevere if they are the best ones to aid conception. As I say to Dp I'll hopefully have morning sickness soon anyway so I may as well get used to it.

But...after a 12 hour shift and wedding planning I'm feeling a bit done in. Please tell me this is a normal or common reaction.

MagpieCursedTea Mon 13-Jun-16 20:46:42

This might sound obvious, but have you done a pregnancy test?

GonnaDoItAnyway Mon 13-Jun-16 20:56:27

Far too early to test. Period isn't due until next week. It's only really been happening since I started the tablets and we have only stopped using condoms very recently. Due to work circumstances we have pushed forward with plans earlier than expected. I was hoping for a couple of months of 'clean living' and preparing ourselves.

MagpieCursedTea Mon 13-Jun-16 21:02:45

I've heard of people saying that pregnacare etc made their morning sickness worse. So in theory you could be reacting to the conception ones.
Maybe try a few days without them to see if it's a coincidence or if it's the tablets? Or you could try switching to a different brand or even just folic acid on it's own?

Frustratedmummy79 Mon 13-Jun-16 21:18:27

It made my friend's "morning sickness" significantly worse and she was advised to stop taking the Pregnacare by her midwife - sickness stopped. It must have some digestion effects to have made her feel so ill

GonnaDoItAnyway Mon 13-Jun-16 21:26:18

Thanks for posting.

I have some folic acid tablets I was taking before, I was just hoping to take 'the best'. I am a vegetarian with a very hectic work life (no breaks) and my diet hasn't been the best. More grab what you can when you can. Not exactly unhealthy but nit the best by a long way.

I'll switch back and see if it makes the difference.

Can anyone recommend any complete vitamins to take?

Nuttypops Mon 13-Jun-16 21:36:50

I tried both pregnacare conception vitamins and pregnancy vitamins once I was pregnant. They both made me feel awful and made morning sickness horrendous. Changed to seven seas and felt a lot better.

MagpieCursedTea Mon 13-Jun-16 21:37:48

Just make sure you avoid regular multivitamins as they contain vitamin A which you shouldn't have too much of in pregnancy.

Sakura03 Mon 13-Jun-16 21:51:01

They didn't agree with me, the nausea was horrendous so I switched to sevenseas trying for a baby, they cause me no grief smile

GonnaDoItAnyway Mon 13-Jun-16 21:55:43

Sevenseas. Noted.

Thank you all. flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now