Tentatively knocks on the door, asks this, then leaves...

(5 Posts)
ASAS Wed 17-Feb-16 21:43:54

What happens over the course of the cycle? So over 4 weeks there's menstruation then what happens? Where's the magic window?

Osirus Wed 17-Feb-16 22:17:31

It varies but "usually" 14 days before your next period. I ovulate 16 days before period is due so the window would be about 5 days leading up to ovulation (and including the day of ovulation and possibly the day after). I would ovulate on any day between day 10 and 16 so would DTD from day 8 to 17, every other day. I did use ovulation kits though. I'm now pregnant after IVF so not ovulating at the moment.

ASAS Wed 17-Feb-16 22:40:20

Congratulations!

And thank you.

Junosmum Thu 18-Feb-16 03:06:37

As osiris says, most people ovulate 14 days before their next period, so if you usually have a 30day cycle you would likely ovulate on day 16. You stand a uch better chance of conceiving if you have sex before ovulation. In ideal circumstances sperm can remain useable once inside you for up to 5 days however the egg is only useable for 12-24 hours once released. So no point waiting until you've had a positive on an ovulation stick as you may well be too late.

I conceived by dtd on day 11 where I ovulated on day 14.

ASAS Thu 18-Feb-16 09:43:16

Thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now