Confused opks ?

(10 Posts)
lucylou1234 Thu 04-Feb-16 19:16:10

Hi guys

Just had my period which seems to be sitting at a 31 day cycle so have decided to do opks this month. Have taken one on monday (cd 6) which was negative so thought it might be too early to use them. Yesterday (cycle day 8) I noticed ewcm so did an opk which came up +be so DTD.

Today did another opk and the line was faint. Ovia says my fertile window isn't for 5 days so I am abit confused - have I already ovulated ? And if I have will DTD yesterday be enough ? hmm

m33r Fri 05-Feb-16 19:19:08

CD8 is very very early. Are you sure it was positive? I'd keep doing the tests as I think you prob haven't ov-d yet. Of course everyone is different but for most I think you're too early. Good luck

mika2 Fri 05-Feb-16 19:37:41

The same thing happened to me. I had a 28 day cycle but was ovulating late around day 18/19. I got my period and a positive opk on day 5/6. This happened 2-3 days in a row which didn't make any sense. I rang the clear blue helpline as I thought there was a fault with the stick. She asked if I could be pregnant and I insisted I couldn't possibly be as I had had a period (no different to any other month) About 2-3 weeks later I felt dizzy, took a test and an early scan confirmed I was about 7 weeks pregnant! The opk can't distinguish between the lutenising hormone which precedes ovulation and hcg hormone present in early pregnancy. He's now 6 months!! grin it was a very difficult pregnancy though and bleeding continued in and off until I was about 20 weeks. Anyway message is take a pregnancy test!!

justtheonethen Fri 05-Feb-16 20:21:00

I sometimes ovulate as early as cd 8, the follicular phase can vary. Obviously would be better if you are pregnant though! Do let us know.

lucylou1234 Fri 05-Feb-16 23:32:32

Hey thanks for your replys. Ive been taking opks like mad to try see if it was time of day or whichever but they are all very faded lines but the one the other day was definatley positive.

pregnant? ... wouldnt have thought so as i had my period as normal except it was only one day sorter 5 instead of 4.

guess ill have to just stick with the opks and see if i get another surge.

why after all the years of trying to not get pregnant do i finally realise that its acutually quite hard lol

justtheonethen Fri 05-Feb-16 23:33:13

Ha ha, I know! Years of worrying about getting pregnant seems a joke now!

lucylou1234 Fri 05-Feb-16 23:41:06

*shorter

lucylou1234 Sat 06-Feb-16 00:09:51

just took a test there - just incase but it was negative.

can anyone tell me - should i be dtd when the line is faded in the hope of catching ovulation or wait until i get a positive opk? does a positive opk mean ive already ovulated or that im due to ? so -confused. was planning on dtd tonight and however over did it at the gym and can hardly walk up and down the stairs never mind anything else lol

justtheonethen Sat 06-Feb-16 00:12:20

Positive opk means you should ovulate in next 24 hours or so so dtd on day of positive and/or next day are best days. If you dtd on day of positive you're covered, have a rest!

justtheonethen Sat 06-Feb-16 00:13:42

But yes, the days leading up to positive are good too, try and do every other day from after period until a few days after positive

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now