2ww earlier than expected. CompanY please

(56 Posts)
booisgreat Sun 29-Dec-13 00:02:57

Hi all.

Can't believe I am in the 2ww already. I have a 32 day cycle with ov on day 20. TMI but had cervical biopsy last week and cauterisation. Told to abstain from shennanigans for 7 days. 5 days in and day 16 noticed ewcm tinged with blood and put it down to proceedure. However something made me do opk which was clearly positive on cd 17. Was in shock and DTD twice xmas day (walk in wardrobes are very convenient when 10 relatives in the house) same on boxing day. So in 2ww 3 days earlier than expected. Will of course be symptom spotting like mad, denying that I am symptom spotting, and reading everything into every twinge etc and I am a POAS addict. Roll on the new year and our bfps. Am 42 so chances of conceiving slim but am giving it a shot.

Frettchen Tue 14-Jan-14 14:09:24

Still no BFP and no AF. I'm pretty much resigned that AF is coming, just have to wait a little bit longer (and not think about the one remaining test sitting in the bathroom)

mattsmama Mon 13-Jan-14 22:40:17

Just wanted to say big congratulations to all those with a BFP ! So pleased for you all. grin

mrsb87 Sat 11-Jan-14 08:37:48

Congratulations golden!!
You must be feeling very excited!
Hoping for bfp's for us all soon

Frettchen Sat 11-Jan-14 08:09:03

Tested this morning and got another negative. No period yet, shall give it another 24hrs and see what happens.

Frettchen Fri 10-Jan-14 23:36:26

Congrats Golden that's fantastic news!

i did a silly thing and tested this evening. It came back negative but I'm not counting it as a real try and will have another go tomorrow with my FMU.

Winterbluessummersoonish Fri 10-Jan-14 21:43:09

Congrats Golden grin amazing news

AF arrived yesterday which is fine, and will see what the next few months bring!

booisgreat Fri 10-Jan-14 13:22:19

congrats golden. that is brilliant.

AF got me today but I am not too worried as I was experimenting with different vitamins and increased my luteal phase from 11 to 14 days and no pre af spotting either and my progesterone is the same as when I was pregnant!!

On to the next cycle. only 4 left. We had given ourselves until easter and then we ware going to call it a day because of my age.

OrangeFizz99 Fri 10-Jan-14 10:03:33

Congrats golden!!

KittyKK Fri 10-Jan-14 07:44:22

Amazing news Golden! A wonderful feeling of it being definitely "official" when you see those words on the little screen!!!

Excited for you x

Just done a CB digital sand it says pregnant 1-2 weeks!!!
My hands are shaking as I write this, I still can't believe it's happened.

KittyKK Fri 10-Jan-14 06:17:33

Wonderful news GoldenDaffodil! Look forward to hearing how your test tomorrow goes smile

Today is my 10dpo....this week I've had 6 BFNs. So silly (and upsetting myself) testing this early!!!

I've taken two further tests (clear blue non digital) and both have been faint BFP's. I think I might be pg....

Sorry for not posting much, I'm in complete and total shock as we weren't actually ttc. AF is due tomorrow so I'll be resting again and hope to see a darker line.

Hello to kitty kk, I'm a crazy lady too and instead of using internet cheapie tests I've wasted about £40 on branded ones!

Frettchen - keeping everything crossed for you, the wait is agony sad

Winter - fingers and toes crossed for you too.

Frettchen Thu 09-Jan-14 13:57:29

Have checked my chart and am on cd 29 today. Previous cycles have been 27-28 days, so if AF stays away, I'm officially Late. Can't get a test until tomorrow at the earliest.

Until then I shall continue to swing wildly between feeling pregnant and knowing for sure I'm not. Fun(!)

Winterbluessummersoonish Wed 08-Jan-14 18:17:59

Golden have you tested again?

Winterbluessummersoonish Wed 08-Jan-14 18:17:17

Negative this morning hmmday 28... Will test tomorrow then try and wait a bit

KittyKK Wed 08-Jan-14 10:49:57

Hello ladies...would love to join you for my first month of TTC after MMC in September!

I'm a crazy lady:

1) bashing my boobs, hopping for pain!
2) desperately P'dOAS on 6dpo, 7dpo...today is 8dpo, so thank goodness for the cheap internet tests to keep me entertained!

Congrats to all who've got their BFPs already smile

KittyKK x

OrangeFizz99 Wed 08-Jan-14 08:06:30

How did it go with fmu winter?

Agree golden daffs could just be early and digitalis are loads less sensitive than frer. Fingers crossed!

Winterbluessummersoonish Tue 07-Jan-14 20:06:40

I had a negative on a clear blue this evening... hmm Although I know I should not have tested until the morning and clear blue are crappy but on the other hand no symptoms so not feeling very positive...will test in the morning and see what happens!

Very self indulged post!

ThisIsMeNow Tue 07-Jan-14 19:24:08

Golden, you're still 4 days before af is due so it might just be too early and I don't think digi's are as sensitive.

I'm going crazy here!

Did a first response test yesterday 5 days before AF and in the middle of the afternoon. There was a faint but definitely there second line. So I started to think BFP BUT I did a sainsburys digital test with fmu this morning (so 4 days before AF) and it said not pg. Do you think I've had a chemical pg?

Huge congrats to Orange btw, sorry for selfish post.

ThisIsMeNow Tue 07-Jan-14 10:00:45

Op just wanted to say, I had a cervical biopsy this month and was really worried as it was bang in the middle of when I ov'd but luck was with us and got my Bfp so fingers crossed and good luck!

OrangeFizz99 Tue 07-Jan-14 08:36:56

Symptom spotting is so hard not to do and so rubbish!

Getting a cold has been a sign for me twice now of being pg though...

Frettchen Mon 06-Jan-14 23:21:08

Congrats Orange

I'm feeling like crap - think am coming down with something which is probably not pregnancy... AF is due on Sat, so am not buying a test until Sunday. Just in case AF turns up on time. But if she's even a day late I'll be peeing on my first ever pg test. I'm guessing it's just like an ov test!!!

in the meantime I seem to be hitting a wall of exhaustion at about 6 each evening, my tummy just aches. Headache and sore throat still present. Plus tonight I've been this close to throwing up a couple of times. My stepdad has just gotten over a nasty cold which started with a sore throat so I'm dreading it being just a nasty cold...

booisgreat Mon 06-Jan-14 18:34:50

That is fantastic news orange fizz. congrats and heres to a healthy pregnancy.

I a11 dpo ad bfn this am. No sign of af and i usually spot for a day or 2 before. Had a few cramps last night and had weird pale yellow cm tinged with pink. Naturally I am reading everything into this and driving myself cracked. Will test every morning until AF arrives.

How is everyone else doing ?

Bumblebee25 Mon 06-Jan-14 18:34:02

Winterbluessummersoonish - it was supermarket's own brand. No idea if they are reliable like the branded ones. Or if anything else than blood test is reliable! If AF doesn't show soon going to test with digital. I have convinced myself that I'm not pg - just want to know why AF is so late.

Orange fizz - congrats!!!! That's fab news!

Good luck to everyone

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now