The September BFP bus, second thread and not even September yet

(945 Posts)
Kemie Thu 29-Aug-13 23:37:16

Please join the new bus here, the old one's all out of gas....

englishteacher78 Fri 30-Aug-13 08:32:05

We had Chinese last night and I ate a little too much, resulted in a bit of a food baby - made me even more broody! How ridiculous am I?grin

CoffeeGuzzler Fri 30-Aug-13 08:32:08

Morning ladies. brew

Day seven of the blasted flashing smiley. jaykay you and I are opk buddies it looks like.

Fairly convinced at this point that I don't ovulate.

CoffeeGuzzler Fri 30-Aug-13 08:34:13

englishreacher not ridiculous at all. Happens to me all the time.

onelifeonechance Fri 30-Aug-13 08:34:43

Morning ladies,

I'm afraid i've stalled the bus abit as I've po2s - one Sainsburys cheapy and one even cheaper Onestep one from whisper it Savers ahem and i'm sorry to say they were both definite BFNs. Wasn't a big shock to be honest but there's always that bit of hope to tease you. The way i'm feeling is clearly af on her way to pay me a visit sometime soon.

But, the good news is if she does then think I get to stay on this shiny new bus with you lovely ladies (if you'll have me? I don't mind stumping up for a monthly saver ticket) as seem to be having pretty short cycles so depending when she shows think i'll be due my BFP end of Sept.

So - i need your help please. I really want to use opks this month, more as a reassurance to me that I'm ov (since coming off the pill in Feb i've always had ewcm around day 10 so just been going by that but didn't have any last month so really want to see if I can pinpoint it more accurately). I'm sat at my computer with my cash card ready- what are the best ones and what do i need to order? And also feeling slightly ashamed by my choice of pg tests so all advice on what the cool kids are using welcome.

Hoping the others testing this morning have had better luck and that someone can put this bus back into neutral and restart the engine to get us chugging along to BFPville smile

Kemie Fri 30-Aug-13 08:43:31

Well I continue to have rediculously sore boobs!! Yesterday I started getting AF type cramping, approx 9/10 dpo as don't chart or anything... Told other half who said can you do a test? This was after he said I wasn't to test till I missed AF! Think I should still wait just in case I'm have an incredibly akward cycle! my head is telling me to calm the f**k down whilst my body is doing its best to convince me otherwise confused

CoffeeGuzzler Fri 30-Aug-13 08:43:49

Aw one life sorry to hear that. Ah well. Clearblue digital dual hormone seems to be very popular.

mama31 Fri 30-Aug-13 08:48:37

Onelife sorry to hear that but would be cool for you to stay on this bus and get a BFP end of this month!!!! smile

Can't believe we are on a lovely new bus already....hope there's a seat left for me....

Nothing really to report...had a few cramps/bloated feeling last night which could be pretty much anything!

mama31 Fri 30-Aug-13 08:50:46

Disney I wonder how long for amazon to deliver! As you ordered yours a couple of days before me so ill not be expecting the delivery for a few days yet (prob a good thing so I'm not obsessively testing way too early)

internationallove985 Fri 30-Aug-13 08:58:55

Just popped in very quickly to see if we have any B.F.P's. Also seen we have a newbie but can'e remember your name (It's on the first page) Pink something comes to mind, anyway welcome aboard.
English teacher. I only get to D.T.D 3 days a week occasionally only 2 if he doesn't stay over on a Friday due to work ect. This weeks amount of D.T.D has been a total fluke. Doubt that will happen again in long time. However on a personal level I'm happy with just a few days a week. There's not much advice I can give you as no-one can me advice, your circumstances are what they are and short of hitting the jackpot, people have to go to work. xx

chattychattyboomba Fri 30-Aug-13 08:59:11

Jumping on the bus!

cheesysmile Fri 30-Aug-13 09:05:14

Ha ha ... Vicky I have an imagine of you running in slow motion out of the plan toilet test in hand shouting its a positive! True Hollywood style! grin

mrsmummytobe Fri 30-Aug-13 09:12:24

Sorry to hear that onelife. Let's hope you get a bfp very soon! Afraid I can't help you with the opks but I'm interested to hear what others have to say as I think I'll try them if I get a bfn this month.

The results of my 21 day blood test have come back - perfectly normal! Yay! grin

blamber Fri 30-Aug-13 09:14:41

Hi everyone! I'd like to join the bus please. I changed my name from blueamber.

I'm in my second cycle since coming off the pill, but the first one was very long and when I eventually ovulated I got my AF 8 days later, so I'm not counting it!

This cycle has been a bit better. I got all the signs of ovulation two weeks after AF, but then I had a job interview and the stress delayed ov by a week! I got my temp shift this morning though, so I'm in the 2ww.

onelifechance, you can either get expensive clearblue advanced opks, which tell you a few days in advance your LH surge could be coming up. You use these in the morning, but recently the price has gone up to £38 for 20. Or you can buy cheap ones off ebay or amazon. The cheapest ones are those that you dip in a cup of urine, such as the One Step ones. You use this late morning/afternoon or evening and to be sure you won't miss the LH surge, some use 2 or 3 a day. You can get any number you like, for instance I think you can get 30 for £3. Then there are more expensive ones, that you hold midstream, which are I think £11 for 30 or something. They work the same as the cheaper ones, but are easier to use as you won need to collect your wee in a cup. It's up to you, what you would find easier and how much you want to spend.

blamber Fri 30-Aug-13 09:17:41

BFPs so far
NannyPlumForPM

1 BFP

Awaiting BFPs
JellyBeanDavey ttc#1, cycle3, bfp 1st
Bushprincess ttc#1, cycle2, bfp due 1st
SuzB83 ttc#1, cycle7, bfp 1st
JosiePosiePuddingAndPie ttc#2, cycle2, bfp 1st
Onelifeonechance ttc#1, cycle2, bfp 1st
PinkHat1 ttc#1, cycle2, bfp 1st
nettle86 ttc#1, cycle1, bfp 1st
DisneyDiva87 ttc#1, cycle4, bfp 2nd
Monkette ttc#1, cycle11, bfp 2nd
clareyfarey ttc#1, cycle 3, bfp 3rd
Lucyfluff ttc#4, cycle1, bfp 4th
Kemie ttc#1, cycle6, bfp 4th
Widget88: TTC #1, Cycle3, BFP 4th
Hendricks ttc#3, cycle2, bfp 5th
Chubbykitty ttc#1, cycle3, bfp 5th
VickyVix ttc#1, cycle1, bfp 5th
Keepswimming1 ttc#1, cycle2, bfp 6th
PurpleGeekyGirl ttc#2, cycle13, bfp 6th
Bloumermaid Ttc #1 cycle? BFP 6th
RaRaZ ttc#1, cycle4, bfp 7th
mama31 ttc#2, cycle1, bfp 7th
Positivementakattitude ttc#1, cycle2, bfp 7th
mrsmummytobe ttc#1, cycle5, bfp 7th
Nulanoo ttc#1, cycle1, bfp 8th
Gingerandcocoa ttc#1, cycle3, bfp 9th
GinandStripes ttc#1, cycle3, bfp 9th
Purplegeekygirl ttc#2, cycle13, bfp 9th
Flame40s ttc#3, cycle2, bfp 9th
Dontsqueezetheteabag ttc#1, cycle1, bfp 10th
MrsHende TTC #2 Cycle 11(!) BFP 10th
Englishteacher78 ttc#1, cycle2, bfp 11th
Owlie84 ttc#1, cycle4, bfp 11th
Jaykay987 ttc#1, cycle1, bfp 17th
KillashandraRee ttc#2, cycle4, bfp 13th
CoffeeGuzzler ttc#1, cycle1, bfp 14th
Refoca ttc#2, cycle1, bfp 14th
Toffeecrispyum ttc#2, cycle1, bfp 14th
Charleslingus ttc#3, cycle3, bfp 15th
SoMuchFruit ttc#2, cycle2 bfp 15th
Snoozysleeper ttc#1, cycle2, bfp 16th
panicmechanic ttc#2, cycle10, bfp 17th
Mistyautumn ttc#1, cycle4, bfp 18th
Italianwilking84 ttc#1, cycle3, bfp 18th
Worried ttc#2, cycle18, bfp 19th
coco808 ttc#1, cycle2, bfp 21st
Cupcake1985 ttc#1, cycle2, bfp 21st
Fox82 ttc#1, cycle10, bfp 21st
dutchss ttc#1, cycle3, bfp 21st
chattychattyboomba ttc#?, cycle2, bfp 22nd
PinkHat1 ttc#1, cycle3, bfp 22nd
Bambi27 ttc#2, cycle10, bfp 24th
crazylady2013 ttc#1, cycle2, bfp 24th
Choccywoccydodah ttc#2, cycle1, bfp 24th
ImaginaryHat ttc#1 cycle5 bfp 25th
ExactlyWhat ttc#3 cycle1, bfp 25th
Wispaxmas ttc#1, cycle4, bfp 25th
cheesysmile ttc#1, cycle 3, bfp 26th
fifi669 ttc#2, cycle6, bfp 28th
Daisychain44 ttc#2, cycle7, bfp 28th
gillywillywoo ttc#1, cycle4, bfp 29th
Armylovin ttc #2 cycle 8 bfp due 30th
Willows tree ttc#2, cycle1, bfp?
Theborrower ttc#2, cycle2, bfp?
M33r ttc#1, cycle9, bfp?
Seatfor5 ttc#4, cycle5, bfp?
internationallove985 ttc#?, cycle?, bfp?
ThoraNomiki ttc#2, cycle3, bfp?
leezl ttc#1, cycle2, bfp?
onefunkymama ttc#3, cycle?, bfp?
Rockyroller123 ttc#1, cycle2, bfp?
VJONES1985 ttc#1, cycle2, bfp?
BlueC2 ttc#?, cycle?, bfp?
Lulubelle26 ttc#1 cycle3, bfp ?
blamber ttc#1 cycle1, bfp 13th

cheesysmile Fri 30-Aug-13 09:18:37

Can you tell I wrote that from page 1 not realising there is a page 2 already blush

Sorry you got a bfn onelife. I don't have much advise on the OPK front I'm afraid, but have bought myself some digital clearblue ones for this month - will be first month using them though. If you want confirmation that you have actually ovulated maybe order a BBT thermometer as well? Feel like I've been talking about temping alot but I do find seeing that temperature rise at ovulation very reassuring that things are working properly. In terms of preg tests I have used Superdrug ones as they are really sensitive and a lot cheaper boots/clearblue etc. I've not used internet cheapies but have heard they are good as well as also very sensitive.

Kemie - hope its a good sign! I think prob best to hold out on the testing front if you can so you'll have a more definite answer when you do ... difficult though I know.

English - ha ha I get a food baby on a far too a regular basis and know exactly what you mean!

Jessica78 Fri 30-Aug-13 09:20:25

Well still no AF & just BFN on a test this morning... Surely it would show up by now? Back at work on Monday (teaching) & I so do not want to go back sad

leezl Fri 30-Aug-13 09:23:43

Morning all! Would somebody update my details for me please? I only ever access the forum on my phone so I'm a bit restricted!

Leezl ttc#1 cycle 2 bfp 25th smile

Thank you!
AF has buggered off at last so I can start getting some action in wink

onelifeonechance Fri 30-Aug-13 09:26:04

Thanks for the info/advice/internet hand holding everyone smile really does help to know we're all rooting for each other.

Jessica78 how many dpo are you??

onelifeonechance Fri 30-Aug-13 09:28:16

Oh and yay to you and your perfectly normal test results Mrsmtobe smile that's great news!

Jumping on! Think we need a double decker. I bagsie the front top seat grin
Welcome new passengers!

Jessica78 Fri 30-Aug-13 09:32:26

Hi onelife - 15dpo...

SuzB83 Fri 30-Aug-13 09:35:11

Sorry to hear that onelife. I got a bfn this morning too. Not kicking myself off the bus yet though. Still a few days early and my cycles have been a bit messed up.

Need your opinions too ladies, it's my birthday tomorrow and going out for meals over the weekend with family and friends. We haven't told anyone that we're ttc (didn't want the added pressure), but I don't want to have to tell them all because I'm not drinking. Don't know if its ok for me to just have a couple and then switch to soft drinks or whether to just tell everyone...

mrsmummytobe Fri 30-Aug-13 09:41:04

Thanks onelife smile

Sorry to hear about your bfn suz, but as you said it's not over until af rears her ugly head! Think everyone's different with ideas on drinking while ttc. I've heard that if you are pg you will feel tipsy very quickly - not sure if anyone else has heard of/experienced this?

onelifeonechance Fri 30-Aug-13 09:48:22

Ah Suz i'm sorry you got a BFN too. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you that af stays away and you get to test again soon.

I have the same dilemma on the drinking front. If we have been out with people then I've sometimes had one white wine spritzer and then moved on to the soft drinks - nobody has said anything and its felt less noticable then if you order soft drinks from the word go.

At the beginning of all this i really didn't want to tell anyone we're ttc (and still haven't, hence you guys becoming my new bff's!) but the longer it's going on i think if someone directly asked me now i'd tell them. It feels weird not telling friends such an important thing but then I also don't want to feel the pressure from people asking how it's going all the time if it's not happening.

Anyhoo sorry not sure that's helped! But wishing you a very happy birthday eve for today smile

I had a night on the becks blue last night with hubby. Tastes the same to me, so for anyone who wants to get away with it and if you like lager, might be worth buying them and putting it in a glass as obviously the bottle says alcohol free.
Kopparberg do an alch free one too x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now