From egg to egghausted. The journey part one!

(244 Posts)
Meemawandmoonpie Thu 28-Mar-13 07:23:39

Morning everyone,
I thought I'd start a Fred here documenting the first part of the eggs movements. Now, before I actually start I'll just say I'm not even yet pregnant so I'll babble on about every wasted egg too! I'm not obsessed but find writing things down easier than telling my already bored with a glazed over look on his face, husband. Im not asking you to reply but it would be fab if anyone would and welcome added input from everyone, whether you're TTC, already pregnant, or interested in reading about someone else's current efforts to get up duffed!
Right, are we all sitting comfortably? Then I'll begin.

A little about me. 30, married for 5 years, been together longer than a decade and came off pill jan 1st in anticipation. Taking folic acid amongst other vits and generally doing my very best to entice the swimmers into signing a 9 month tenency agreement. Husband is also 30 and trying not to get too excited as he knows as soon as he does, I'll be! Then it all goes to pot.

Ok, so as I've said jan 1st came off pill expecting to a)either fall pg straight away or b) take a good few months to really get back into the swing of things. I've been on the pill since I was 15 so was pleasantly surprised I went straight back into a 28 day cycle. Thought it may be a fluke, but no, feb saw the same activity! Then came march!! March bloody madness more like.
This month I'm a baby making looney tune! My body has led me down every emotional pathway, tricking me into thinking I'm pg. 2 tests later, both BFN I now imagine its getting me back for 15 years of no PMS symptoms! I've had them all.
It started with a kiss being so bloated that I resembled aunt petunia after Harry blew her up, working its way to wind that would rival the saharan summer nights, boobs are wonky, massive hard and itchy nips. I've felt the ovaries release, the ( in my imagination) implantation pain which was awful, the spotting, could be cataracts and seeing things, the nausea... Cooking mistakes and the crying at the smallest things, thousand hint OBEM last night was not helpful.
I've got the blue veins showing in the boob and so much CM I feel like I'm on a slip'n'slide (tmi)!
I've even got the stuffy nose and (grasping at straws here) its apparently a pg sign...albeit a small one. Who knew?

So AF is due to visit tomorrow should my 28 day cycle carry on, she's coming for 4 days making herself a general PITA but no pain, no gain eh? So for the next 4 days I'll be a sweaty, crampy, moaning harpie and after that expect OH to fancy me again.

Sorry if you've lost interested or I've killed a thread before even starting, but I'll keep at it and hopefully it'll pick up, turn into something more exciting or provide a place for others to say 'hey that happened to me too'.

See you on t'uther side.

Meema

Meemawandmoonpie Tue 02-Apr-13 08:56:37

Thanks ginger and ruby.
Was a bit miffed this morning, mainly cause she took her sweet time to get here, must have been stuck in traffic or something.
If indeed it started out a positive, then I'm thankful that the little stick said no as I really would have been jumping for joy fear
Tbh I wasn't expecting to get pg on the 2nd go as it was either, something in me fears I will have trouble conceiving but I reckon that's a worry all women have, especially those of us over 30.
Feeling much better apart from the cough that just won't die and crippling cramps so I don't think there's anything for it except hot water bottle and last nights broadchirch and johnathon creek on the old sky box and crap loads of post Easter housework
Keep me entertained with your stories and goings on and hopefully in 4 days I'll be up and at'em, x

RubySlippers77 Tue 02-Apr-13 12:28:03

If it's any consolation, I am now ridiculously broody... From not really thinking about it a month ago I'm now v jealous of the pregnant lady in our office sad

DP is too, but then he has been for years, we've not been together long so it's just coincidental that I am too! We've even spent time talking about what our kids would look like. Ahhhhh...

So now I'm just worrying about when/ if it will happen, have a doctor's appt soon so will talk about it then, see if there's any tests I/ we should be having. Another day, another worry eh ladies?!

On the bright side, I did enjoy Jonathan Creek last night so hope that distracts you for a while!! X

metimeatlast Tue 02-Apr-13 20:54:22

hi ladies, another one here who watched johnathan creek lastnight grin, in bed utterly sick and feeling very sorry for herself, sorry to here about your gatecrasher meem.I too am pathetically broody, keep looking at all sorts of baby items, from cots to prams and everything in between, also an older mum, 38, so not sure if it will happen for me and dp??

Hey meem if its of any consolation i too was a 28 day regular cycle....until i started AF watch, and she was 3 days late last month. so she is now due this month between thursday and sunday(ish) oooohhhh!!! ive just twigged!! that means that if i rushed out and bought a hpt it may give me an early answer!!?? you know, the ones i stated upthread that i WASNT going to buy!! lol grin

on a lighter note. for all you ladies who are 30+ are any of you noticing that you are unable to eat some of your favorite foods as you get older?? cos i certainly am... mmm chippy dinners, ice cream, chocolate, virtually most nice goodies... and the bod just seems to go No no no!! and makes me sick as a dog (sorry tmi) but thats just not handy whilst on symptom watch now is it?! just yet another thing that frazzles the brain on the TWW

RubySlippers77 Tue 02-Apr-13 22:40:25

metime - good luck for this month and sending you big hugs in the meantime!! I was sooooo convinced that I was pg last month, FELT different, thought I had all the symptoms etc..... but not to be sad I hope things turn out differently for you and that you get the BFP you want smile

It's the kiddies clothes section in shops that makes me broody, I can't help cooing over the little hats and shoes etc! Have bought some cheapy OPKs via Amazon and am scouring this website for more tips on what to do (plus an idiot's guide on how to use the OPKs.....). Tried to get a doctor's appointment today, not just to talk about this but also to get a repeat prescription (I have high blood pressure) and they had no appointments whatsoever for a fortnight!! Ridiculous.

Do you know, there are certain things I've gone off completely since I've become more, er, mature - Milkybar chocolate leaps to mind!

Right, in an attempt to stop myself obsessing thinking about babies for a while I'm off to plan my Race for Life running campaign, my friend at work is trying to persuade me that we can run a 10K in June. Ha! Wish me luck.....

Meemawandmoonpie Wed 03-Apr-13 08:20:51

Cd2 and flo is being entirely unreasonable.
Turns out I've made her room too comfy and she's threatening to stay for a longer visit I think.
Surprised myself at how disappointed I became yesterday. I haven't been trying long and it's not like we were exclusively trying anyhow, more of a , if it happens, it happens type of thing. So I totally get now the feeling of the ladies on the other boards who are trying so hard to become parents. Full respect ladies. Full respect.
I too googled the OPKs yesterday. Not sure if I'm quite there with that idea just yet, don't want him indoors to think its the only reason I'll shave my legs, ha!
Apparently I OV'd later last month according to the app and only one day out of DTD so this months homework is 'must try harder'.

Ginger71mom Wed 03-Apr-13 08:37:23

I'm still pending this morning. Nearly fainted at work yesterday and felt soooooo sick this morning. Only just got up so Will have to work form home and hope no one notices although I should have driven to head office today. Oops. Haven't tested yet even though AF is overdue (if I counted correctly). May have to send DH on a mission today.

Ginger71mom Wed 03-Apr-13 08:38:50

Ps. Still got Johnathon Creek to watch!!

Meemawandmoonpie Wed 03-Apr-13 09:23:13

Ginger I'm very excited for you. Fingers crossed that the evil witch has decided she doesn't want to stay at hotel ginger and you get a 9 month lodger xx

Ginger71mom Wed 03-Apr-13 09:51:47

Thanks Meemawandmoonpie, bit scared to be honest. Not sure my luck is in though as I didn't win the euro millions last week! Aiming too high?

Meemawandmoonpie Wed 03-Apr-13 10:18:38

Never too high. A lady must have standards and reasonable expectations

Meemawandmoonpie Wed 03-Apr-13 10:19:06

FWIW winning the euro IS a reasonable expectation IMHO ha x

metimeatlast Wed 03-Apr-13 10:59:18

Thanks ruby was sick again lastnight, but oh that half of a milkybar easter egg was sooo nice grin and because the silly side of me saw it was 40 mins until asda closed i rushed out for 2 hpt kits, bfn so far on a 20ml test with fmu.
ginger fingers crossed for you!!
hopefully my opks will arrive today, and i to will be researching how to use them lol. ive a funny feeling i ovulate later than the calculator estimates though, not sure why, just a wierd feeling. (have not been deeply investigating though, as its putting me off using liquid soap due to similarities) blushblush

RubySlippers77 Wed 03-Apr-13 12:32:21

ginger - everything crossed for you - not sure I have the patience to wait that long before testing!! But if your lottery numbers come up in the meantime feel free to share your winnings smile

metime - ah, how I emphasise about the chocolate - some of those Malteser bunnies leapt into my hand at the shop this morning! Well, they were half price now Easter has gone...

Used an OPK last night & one this morning, bought a cheapy bundle via Amazon so they will keep me going this month at least! Nothing showing up yet but (a) I don't think I'm due to ovulate and (b) I drink so much water, there's probably not much to measure. Oh dear. I shall persevere this month anyway!

The liquid soap comment made me LOL as I struggled to not be grumpy at work (far too much to do) so thank you for that!!

RubySlippers77 Wed 03-Apr-13 12:42:48

PS there's an app you can get called Pink Pad which I've found quite useful. I know it won't be entirely accurate with the ovulation dates but it's good to keep track of things with!

Ginger71mom Wed 03-Apr-13 14:28:22

Ladies, DH did some shopping and the results was neg. Uh oh!

Still no sign of the evil witch. Can my hormones be that low for a POAS but still high enough to make you feel pants?

You can tell in know nada about this baby thing.

Meemawandmoonpie Wed 03-Apr-13 15:39:25

Could be low levels of hcg or unfortunately like me, a really lazy aunt flo. I hope the former for you x
I too know bugger all

littlestgirlguide Wed 03-Apr-13 18:10:25

Hello again
Sorry to hear AF turned up meema, better luck next month!
Still no sign of her here - starting to get a bit frustrated now as now on CD 37 (has been 27-29 days ish for a few months now) and tested BFN gain today.... What other reasons could there be?! No other symptoms, but not worried about that as no symptoms at all with DD either, no sickness or anything.

Meemawandmoonpie Wed 03-Apr-13 19:15:14

No worries littlest, what will be will be I say.
Hopefully it'll be soonish for you to find out, though I've since discovered that just by writing on here 'I think I am pg' then sods law happens and SHE shows up instead! Do the opposite, you never know.

Ginger71mom Wed 03-Apr-13 20:07:55

Sods law is vicious. Still think I am pg as I am a regular 28day kinda girl and I am just over, so will test again in a few more days if there is still a no show from AF. Nausea is coming and going right now. Wouldn't mind being like littlestgirlguide who does get sick.

I know some say that symptoms we feel are wishful thinking, but I wouldn't wish myself to feel sick! Body has to be doing something.

Meemawandmoonpie Thu 04-Apr-13 08:45:49

CD3.. Bah! Enough said.

Minion Thu 04-Apr-13 10:02:33

Hi all, decided to NC as meemawandmoonpie was far too long. Still me tho'.

RubySlippers77 Thu 04-Apr-13 12:38:02

Ha! Coincidentally a minion is exactly what I feel like at work today...

Think you need a hot water bottle, some chocolate and preferably a big glass of wine to help with CD3!!

Minion Thu 04-Apr-13 13:24:03

That and season 2 of game of thrones sounds like the perfect antidote to CD3!
Bit worried actually. Last night hubby accused me of becoming obsessed with it after I asked him would he like to know when I OV or not! He chose not to as it would feel like an obligation to DTD. So I've chosen to go through it alone per say. Silly me thinking that when we both just discussed me coming off the pill it was a joint decision. Then when we were mid thru the deed, he said 'shall I get a condom?' I asked him what he thought, he said no and carried on regardless.. Now, that to me looks like we are trying seriously, but he's still saying well lets wait and see what happens. I know we haven't been trying long enough to get annoyed at a BFN, but to accuse me of being obsessive, when all I want to do is have a straight forward convo about it?
Gah!
Anyone else going thought the same with their supposedly better halves?

Minion Thu 04-Apr-13 13:25:48

I've also tried telling him that getting PG is really only limited to a few days a month its best if he was a little aware of OV days, but nope. He knows better!

Ginger71mom Thu 04-Apr-13 18:00:30

Hi Minion, tough thoughts from you. Sounds as though he hasn't got his head into gear about this yet. Now we all know you can't tell a man what to do. They have simple minds and have to 'think' for themselves, even if we have sown the seed first. Perhaps best to keep off the details for a bit and have some fun.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now