Brooking No Argument that we'll get BFPs from our Easter Eggs

(996 Posts)
BeedlesPineNeedles Fri 22-Mar-13 11:17:33

Well done keep I hope its the first of many grin grin

Right who's next with the BFP???

BartletForTeamGB Fri 22-Mar-13 14:01:48

What wonderful news to end the last thread on Keep! So, so pleased for you! Worrying is not going to make anything bad more or less likely to happen so enjoy it. Today YOU ARE PREGNANT! grin grin

cartoon, I was still bleeding at my 6 week visit to get results from my consultant so TTC wasn't really a possibility, but I have to be honest and say that we didn't wait. We sort of went for a not trying but not using contraception approach until things settled down, but we've always had fairly lax views on contraception (hence 3 pregnancies in three years of marriage!).

boo, the chocolate on the thread is completely GDM friendly so lick away! grin

Withalittlesparkle Fri 22-Mar-13 15:03:29

Have any of you seen 'what to expect when expecting' I avoided while TTC but watched it last night and its actually very good! A mixture of ttc stories and bits that made me actually look at matt and burst out laughing because that's exactly what I'd done

I avoided that film while TTC too sparks but I loved it. I was all teary when j-lo got her baby

bartlett us to really.preg 3 times and only known eachother 1yr 11months. the desire to be preg again is just so strong isn't it.

NoCupcakesOrCocktails Fri 22-Mar-13 15:44:35

Hello again, I love the new thread smile

Happy BFP Friday everyone (especially Keep). I'm off to the in laws in a few hours so need to get packing. Hope everyone has a lovely weekend.

keep I'm having celebratory wine and chip shop tea for u. (since u can't have the wine)

ControlGeek Fri 22-Mar-13 19:44:26

I am joining cartoon with celebrating for keep with all the things she can't have. Spotting and cramps today so I guess I'll be doing the weekend's upgrafe work with the witch for company.

Is it sinking in yet keep? Does it feel real?

Solars Fri 22-Mar-13 20:00:14

I'm also joining Geek & Face in a celebratory solitary glass of wine & although not forbidden fennel & courgette risotto. DH has left me alone to go off to his course in Milan, I shall be joining him on Sunday.

Sorry about cramping and spotting Geek does work get easier after this weekend?

Sweetie hope you're having a lovely holiday

Cups hope you have a lovely weekend with the in laws.

Lovely to see Munx, Bartlett, Musical & Olives

Thanks for the lovely new thread Beedle

Still grin for you Keep

Big waves to Maybe, Scarlett, Boo & Sparkes hope I've not missed anyone!

ControlGeek Fri 22-Mar-13 20:33:15

Home at last, slightly earlier than planned and marginally ahead of schedule on the work front smile

sparks I've not seen it, MrG would never watch it in a million years and I've nobody else to watch it with <billy no mates> The reviews sound very good though.

cartoon Be kind to yourself. I know the waiting's hard but best to have answers first so that you can give yourself some kind of reassurance when you get your next BFP. Otherwise you'll only be worrying yourself.

scarlett A onesie? You? or anyone for that matter! Oh dearie me...

solars fennel and courgette risotto sounds amazing! Might have to put that on the list for the summer when hopefully we will have our own homegrown veggies again smile Yes, thank you, next week will be brilliant because I have the whole thing booked off as annual leave until after the bank holiday. The way I'm feeling now, I will need that time just to get over the last week or so.

Right, so! So far on the cards for my week off are: catalog all of our DVDs, get back on top of the housework and if the weather eases up make a start on clearing some of the garden up a bit.

What's everyone else's plans?

Withalittlesparkle Fri 22-Mar-13 21:22:15

Geek mrS only sort of watched it to begin with but then was really rather engrossed by the end of the film

keepitgoing Sat 23-Mar-13 04:43:09

Morning all smile
Thank you all so much for your support, good brooking and congratulations yesterday. It means a lot x. It feels very unreal, like we're playing a game or something. I am just so happy, even though I am all too aware from being a brooker that things can go wrong, I am so happy I can actually get pregnant. We were allowing ourselves to get a bit carried away yesterday, but I am still trying to do the one-step-at-a-time thing. I want to tell my mum, as I know she's worried about me, but think we'll tell them after 6 weeks when it's a bit less precarious.

Woke up this morning to see dh looking at me saying 'you're 4+1, you're going to be a mum grin'. I know so much about TTC, next to nothing about pregnancy!

For those wondering, my only symptoms are sore boobs, and windy blush I think both are from my twice daily progesterone pessaries. Nice.

geek I'm so sorry the evil witch is circling. Cataloguing DVDs? You make me grin

solars I hope you have a brill time in Milan. Will you be shopping up a storm? How long are you there for?

cup good luck for your visit to the in-laws. Any news from your mum?

face it must be hard, but I agree it makes sense to wait for the results before TTC. I love camping/caravanning and hope you have a brill time next weekend but isn't it snowing at the moment How's mrFace doing with it all?

sweetie enjoy your last hold just the two of you! smile I am so excited for your treatment.

Thanks to Bartlett munx olives musical gen for night time soothing and knowledge of lying pee sticks. See, they sell lying ones all over the world!

keepitgoing Sat 23-Mar-13 04:46:29

You know how people say 'I only have to look at my husband to get pregnant' grr.

I can rejoin 'I don't even need to be in the same room as my husband to get pregnant' grin

Assisted rat smacking - take it away, girls!

X

keep that made me grin .
I'm ignoring the snow, its snowing right this second. it will be lovely weather next weekend cos I said so.
dh isn't too Good he doesnt see the point of anything anymore and is scared of trying again.

keepitgoing Sat 23-Mar-13 07:05:46

Well its so recent, you need some time. I hope it will be helpful answers you get next month. You can do it, face, you will. Take care of each other.

At least its not a tent. We went camping in demon at Easter a few years ago, it snowed, and we went to a b&b! Caravan will be cosy. But anyway, by next weekend the weather will be gorgeous!

keepitgoing Sat 23-Mar-13 07:06:25

For demon read devon. Camping in demon would be warm...

GreenOlives Sat 23-Mar-13 07:31:24

keep grin grin at not having to be in the same room!! grin

ControlGeek Sat 23-Mar-13 08:11:25

keep I actually snorted my coffee when I read your 'not being in the same room' comment grin and as for it snowing in demon, does that mean that hell has finally frozen over?

Tis snowing here too brookers. Bloody typical. I adore the snow - I know, I'm probably the only person in the country who does - and I am so annoyed that I have to work a stupidly long day on practically the one saturday of the year when we get real, genuine, proper stick-down snow.

BeedlesPineNeedles Sat 23-Mar-13 08:21:34

keep grin at not in the same room. Have you got any visitors coming in the next few weeks that you'll want to hide the news from?

geek sorry you have to work, I love snow too but we don't have any. I won't complain too much though as the weather here has been lovely for ages, cold but really sunny.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend

Geek you aren't alone. The pup and I love the snow. It's the best.

Keep that proper made me chuckle.

Sparks I haven't seen it but my mum just got it so think we shall be watching it soon

We had our appointment yesterday. They want to start us next cycle and we were so excited. Then I worked out dates and we can't cos of my brothers wedding. We were gutted. Have to call them Monday to push it back.

<leaves hot buttered crumpets for all with pots of steaming tea>

<gives the thread another lick grin

I love the snow too, but can't enjoy it at all this time sad if I manage not to fall over in it then the effort of walking really makes my hips and pelvis hurt I want this Booby out NOW

Keep I'm still super excited for you grin

Geek when do you start your leave?

Maybe bloody typical you have to move the start date, but yay, your good to go, won't be long now smilesmile

<grabs a brew waddles off to look at the snow out of the window>

SweetieTime Sat 23-Mar-13 11:26:25

keep congratulations thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks sorry i missed the live announcement. So how you feeling to be an official preggo? Well done you and mrk too. grin grin at not even needing to be in same room

Bye for now, i have sun bathing tobe doing wink

Withalittlesparkle Sat 23-Mar-13 14:49:34

Is every one else ignoring sweetie? Considering we've just had to clear a foot and a half of snow drift from our front step!!!!

Withalittlesparkle Sat 23-Mar-13 14:50:35

Geek and boo you can totes have my share of the snow if you like!! I hate it!!

Sweetie? Sweetie who? wink

Nope, not seen any posts from Sweetie, are you imagining it Sparks grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now