The am I, aren't I game, anyone else trying not to POAS and driving themselves nuts?

(56 Posts)
teafan Sun 27-Jan-13 15:21:50

I am 12-14 DPO as track using CM so can never be 100% sure. We have been TTC #1 for ages and I have been pretty calm about it for the past few months, haven't even been on MN! But this month I have gone bananas all over again. Can't put myself through the disappointment of yet another BFN so am trying not to POAS until at least Wednesday! My fake symptoms so far are:

Burning boobs - although I have been squeezing them lots to check if they are sore blush
No pink tinge when I wipe which would normally have happened by now
Feel knackered
Had terrible cramps on 7-9DPO and then dull cramps ever since

Please someone join me so that I don't have to go quietly insane by myself grin

Wardy17 Mon 04-Feb-13 08:18:28

Thanks Serious, many congrats on your BFP!!!

SeriousStuff Mon 04-Feb-13 00:38:45

Hey Wardy DPO means 'days past ovulation'. It's hard waiting isn't it?! Symptoms vary from person to person. I started getting some symptoms before I got my BFP (big fat positive) but have read on this site from some women who didn't notice any until a few weeks in. Try not to overthink it (hard, I know!)

Let us know when you test!

Wardy17 Sun 03-Feb-13 21:43:54

meant to say do the symptoms start once you have missed your period

Wardy17 Sun 03-Feb-13 21:02:18

hey, I am so new to all this, not sure what DPO means but I am due on Thursday and the waiting is drining me mad!!!! I want to do a test now but know I will just be disappointed. I have been using clearblue ovulation tests and had sex a lot around the time I got my smiley face, so fingers crossed!!! I keep thinking if I was I would be feeling some kind of symptoms by now, is that right or does it normally all start once you fall pregnant? I miscarried at 11 weeks in November and I didnt have any symptoms. So confused and know this week is going to go soooooo slow!!!!

barebranches Sun 03-Feb-13 19:01:16

hey
im 11 dpo and its driving me crazy. af due on wednesday. just want to know. had spotting yesterday no bleeding today!

just wish time would go quicker!!!

SeriousStuff Sat 02-Feb-13 23:51:43

chocoloulu I'm so sorry to hear about AF. What cycle are you on? Take it as an excuse to spoil yourself and eat and drink whatever you want (within reason of course!) wine biscuit

chocoloulou33 Fri 01-Feb-13 21:31:46

Got my af 2day. Am not in a good place sad x

apperleydapperley Thu 31-Jan-13 21:51:47

Thanks all. Tea sorry AF got you but as choc says good to have something else to focus on. Hope you get your BFP soon x

Hang on in there everyone else going loopy with the 2WW

chocoloulou33 Thu 31-Jan-13 21:05:30

Aww tea am sorry to hear that sad but am glad u have your wedding to focus on smile xx

teafan Thu 31-Jan-13 20:54:01

Congratulations apperley! I am wishing you very good luck for a healthy pregnancy. You ladies have been a fab support during this exceptionally mental cycle but i'm afraid i'm out, AF has quite stubbornly jammed her foot in the door and it's only a matter of time before she's in and drinking my tea/eating my biscuits and making herself at home!!

Never mind, i'm off to focus on my wedding for a bit and take my mind off it hmm

Good luck everyone smile

Tea x

loobloo Thu 31-Jan-13 20:03:22

Can I join you please? AF was due yesterday and after 2 years of trying I decided to not try this month. No chlomid, opk testing or EWCM checking; just dtd every alternate day. But feel different this month! Cramping and sore boobs earlier in week, but gone now. Tested today but BFN. Is it too early or has my body now created another trick to send me over the edge?

chocoloulou33 Thu 31-Jan-13 19:26:32

Brilliant news apperley that's great! X

Can I join in? Am on CD 24 today. Just POASd and got a BFN. Why oh why do I do it, of course I am thinking "well I still might be and I just tested too early". For a demonstration of the madness, I used a boots digital test (^not pregnant^ on display) AND an OPK which had just one sad little line, no trace of picking up a bit of HCG.
And yet still I am jiggling around to see how sore my boobs are and convincing myself that I am preggo. Could seriously do with some moral support...

ILoveMyCats Thu 31-Jan-13 16:53:55

Got bfn yesterday with FRER in the afternoon. Still no sign of af at all & still have weird symptoms - tiredness, weepiness, dull cramps, cold, dizziness, light headedness & nausea. If I'm not pregnant, I want to know what else it could be! The dizziness & frequent peeing are getting me down.
Didn't poas today, going to wait til tomorrow morn. Would anyone advise a trip to the GP if af still not here next week?

SeriousStuff Thu 31-Jan-13 16:22:02

Woo-hoo apperley !!! Completely understand your concerns - hopefully as it sinks in you'll be able to enjoy it more. I'm completely paranoid that every time I move, that I must be doing some harm!

apperleydapperley Thu 31-Jan-13 14:32:08

well it seems you were right serious smile A definite second line this morning. So thrilled, but also nervous as my last two BFPs ended in MMC and CP...haven't told DH yet, think i will wait until Saturday and do another test to be sure (!).
Good luck to everyone else, hopefully this is a lucky thread!

SeriousStuff Thu 31-Jan-13 09:02:57

Thanks apperleydapperley I think it was dpo14 yesterday when it got darker (not 100% when I ov-d though! so this is mere guess work!). A line, even if really faint, is still a line. I reckon you've got your SSP (slightly shy positive)

BigWhoop Thu 31-Jan-13 06:48:48

I might POAS today. I love POAS grin Spend far too much bloomin money on the things.
Have dtd much more this cycle but I don't think it's at the right times so suspect I'm not. Plus symptoms are confusing as I've got mastitis (still bfeeding toddler at night time, she got an ear infection and horrendous latch meant poorly boob). Stomach tender though, slight nausea, and a really strong craving for drinking milk. All of these could be due to the mastitis though (even the milk as it makes you thirsty!!).
I'm just a hopeful kind of person smilesmile

ipswichwitch Wed 30-Jan-13 21:12:50

Congrats seriousthanks - let's hope it's the beginning of a flock of bfp's for us all eh!

apperleydapperley Wed 30-Jan-13 21:09:41

cross-posted serious !

apperleydapperley Wed 30-Jan-13 21:08:40

ooh congrats serious thats great! Really hoping my extremely faint line is actually a line like yours and turns into a stronger one - what dpo did it get darker? I'm 12dpo today.

Fx for everyone else

SeriousStuff Wed 30-Jan-13 21:05:33

Thanks both!

teafan test says I'm 1-2 weeks pregnant so I'm roughly 12-15 DPO. Not sure of the exact ov date as had EWCM on more than one day that week and got very confused! But DTD every other day from CD10 - CD25.

Let us know how you get on over the next couple of days!

chocoloulou33 Wed 30-Jan-13 20:39:31

Congrats serious rly happy for you. Let's keep our fx for us teafan am sure I'm out though x

teafan Wed 30-Jan-13 20:36:28

Wow, congratulations serious grin that is fab news!!! How many DPO are you? [teafan asks clutching at straws]

Correction to my earlier post, I POAS Tusday morning not Monday so when I tested I was minimum 13DPO so not holding our much hope sad

SeriousStuff Wed 30-Jan-13 19:30:41

Guys, I got my BFP! All the symptom spotting was legit! Tested 2 days ago with a line that was barely visible. Last night, similar line, but today a clear pink line and the words 'pregnancy' on the second test (just to be sure).

I'm sending anyone who's poas soon as much luck and good vibes as required!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now