TTC for the first time

(786 Posts)
bluefreckles Thu 17-Jan-13 18:50:24

Hello ladies

I would like to start a thread/bus/merry-go-round to meet, get support and share with ladies in the same boat as me:

TTC baby no 1!

Will you join me and see it through to the BFP?!

A bit about me - I'm 29, DP is 35. This will be our first child.

PistachioTruffle Wed 06-Feb-13 20:05:22

Yep WakeyCakey, I justified it to myself by thinking it was just for one month, and I could try and use them to pinpoint other symptoms of ov and learn more about my cycle for future months (although i'm hoping I won't need to!)
I considered the cheapy line ones, but it sounded a bit too complicated with the lines/lines getting darker thing, so I thought smiley faces were an easier bet. At this rate, it could become a very expensive habit though grin

LoveLaughingLots Wed 06-Feb-13 21:33:13

Ariel the 2ww! My first since using OPKs (although I can't tell when I O'd) but if I go off of most O Calendar predictions I O'd on 3rd...? Not 100%, but I'm cramping a bit, so something is going on! Any symptoms??

wakey soz!!! Got it wrong, that must be a sign that its you next! lol congrats daily all the best! Xx

I got my new super sensitive O sticks today, praying I won't need to use them in this cycle!

LLLx

Poppy79 Wed 06-Feb-13 21:40:34

Congrats daily!
I'm on my 2nd 2ww, had a few symptoms but don't really trust them after I had so many symptoms last 2ww and got a bnf & AF arrived!
Bought a bulk pack of the strip tests on the net which arrived today, might be trying them out over the next few days! Trying to convince myself it'll be a bnf though so as not to get too obsessed and not be too disappointed if its another bnf. So easy to get obsessed! lol
good luck to all xx

Ariel21 Wed 06-Feb-13 22:49:39

Yes LOTS of imaginary symptoms! Boobs, cramps, hunger, fatigue, tingling belly, bloating... Who knows eh? Might just try and forget about it until next week. I've never POAS before even! Such a novice.

LoveLaughingLots Thu 07-Feb-13 06:16:31

Morning All,

Ariel as well as what you've said, I'm experiencing break-outs as well! Argh! Lets hope these are genuine symptoms! FX

Let's be positive poppy!

LLLx

DailySliceOfGato Thu 07-Feb-13 15:15:14

Thank you lovely people for your good wishes! I haven't been congratulated by anyone so far apart from you (because we haven't told anyone...and obviously DH hasn't 'congratulated' me, which would be weird). Still a bit paranoid that it won't stick.

Hope the 2WW is going by fast for those in it. All the symptom-spotting was great fun for us as we approached it as a bit of a light-hearted game! I definitely noticed some clearly imagined symptoms on the cycles when I wasn't pregnant - sore boobs, strange tastes in my mouth etc. The one clue I had this cycle was that I was suddenly really exhausted a few days before my BFP.

Ariel, POAS-ing (especially if it's first thing in the morning) can be a bit of an acquired skill so don't feel bad at all if the first time you do it you miss the stick or pee all over it (not that such a thing has ever happened to me) shock

P.S. If anyone is taking the ridiculously expensive Pregnacare Plus tablets (the ones that include an Omega 3 tablet), they are currently half-price at Superdrug (online and instore). I promise I don't work for Superdrug! I spotted them yesterday and stocked up!

Ariel21 Thu 07-Feb-13 18:04:02

Excellent, thanks for the advice... Much more likely to pee all over myself I'm sure... eww

Might have a go next week. Excited much?!

ELA88 Thu 07-Feb-13 19:58:42

I'm glad it's not just me that peed all over the thing! Especially after reading on the instructions it can affect the test! Best be more careful next time! ariel when is AF due? Xxx

Ariel21 Thu 07-Feb-13 20:05:44

It's hard to know as I don't know the length of my cycle yet - I've only had one period post-mirena (none at all whilst I had it - 2 years). If my cycle is 28 days then it will be next Wed/Thur. Valentines!

LoveLaughingLots Fri 08-Feb-13 06:20:17

Good morning ladies!

I'm still symptom spotting every moment of my life! Lol definitely feeling something going on! Cramping on my right side every now and then and then a more dull pain there too. Feels like OV pain, but I'm quite sure I'm 4DPO...not obsessed at all! Lol smile

How is everyone? Any BFPS???!

LLLx

ELA88 Fri 08-Feb-13 06:52:00

Just poas and got a bfn :-( not very happy! Especially after having a dream I was pregnant! Need to try and stop thinking about it so much but it's hard! Also not even sure where I am in my cycle as never got AF? If your cycle is really long do you still ovulate at some point? Xx

SloaneRaver Fri 08-Feb-13 09:16:18

Hello! I want to join you guys on our common mission for this year.

We are TTC for the first time, I am 34 and dh is 31.

I have been off the pill for years, doing temperature charting and mucus monitoring.

Hope to conceive consciously, though tried for first time last night and mister was a little, shall we say, reluctant!

WakeyCakey Fri 08-Feb-13 12:03:53

So AF finished yesterday. I have worked this out as having a 16 day cycle !!!!! Is that even possible? No idea if that meant I ovulated or not or if I will or not.
Anyone got any idea how many days after AF I would be likely to ovulate in this case? My app on my phone has put my ovulation dates in the middle of AF so I can't trust it at all.

God when I was 17 I got pregnant using a condom and MAP and now that I want to I have no idea how!

LoveLaughingLots Fri 08-Feb-13 12:07:56

SloaneRaver Hiya, welcome to the fun! Is this your first month TTC? Got a bit confused because you said you've been off the pill for years...

BlueFreckles defo loving the positive thinking, makes me feel good, been trying visualisation as well.

ELA maybe you're too early?? Do you know when you O'd?

Daily will defo check out the Pregnacare tablets, thank you!

LLLx

LoveLaughingLots Fri 08-Feb-13 12:19:33

Wakey Of course you will Ov! I thought it was 14 - 16 days after d1, are you using OPKs or temping or anything like that?

Don't even get me started on spending years trying NOT to get pg and now trying TO get pg...

WakeyCakey Fri 08-Feb-13 13:03:53

Have used some clear blue ov sticks but no smiley face so far. It's just the uncertainty I don't like.
Can't imagine doing this for years!

kd83 Fri 08-Feb-13 14:35:25

Ok AF may have been due last week or tmrw (cycle is somewhere between 28 and 35 days). Don't have any symptoms yet and have bought pg test kit but don't want to use it too soon and be left disappointed. Totally bricking it! Hope everyone else is doing ok.

Plan to test Sunday if AF doesn't come. Will keep you posted...

DailySliceOfGato Fri 08-Feb-13 16:59:47

Good luck kd! Plan some fun indulgent distractions between now and Sunday!

Ariel, I forgot to say, if you do want to get 'What to Expect...'make sure you get the UK version and not the original US version. I think the UK version has a quote by Mariella Frostrup on the front.

Wakey, I've also heard from a few people that the apps are a really misleading because few women ovulate at the 'average' time. Apparently that's why it's advised to DTD every other day from a couple of days after your period ends until 2 days after you get your smiley face (don't health professionals realise how exhausting this is if we don't get an indication of ovulation!?). I'd definitely stick to trying ovulation sticks for another month.

WakeyCakey Fri 08-Feb-13 18:20:14

In that case DTD shall commence tonight, every other day until the smile arrives. Lets hope it does before I collapse from exhaustion smile

SloaneRaver Sat 09-Feb-13 14:22:12

Hi all and LoveLaughingLots

Sorry to confuse! I was never suited to the pill but only now TTC first time. DH is still a bit in shock about DTD on demand after years of "practising" for this moment!

Good luck WakeyCakey! Seems we're both busy this weekend!

WakeyCakey Sat 09-Feb-13 16:47:50

Nicely coincides with a weekend away smile

ELA88 Sat 09-Feb-13 17:58:36

I don't know when I o'd, I don't even know where I am in my cycle to be honest! I've just come to the conclusion that if we dtd at least every other day from now on then I hopefully will conceive eventually! Hope everyone's having a good weekend :-) xxx

Liquoriceallsort Sat 09-Feb-13 18:42:55

Very silly question but do you think I'd be silly to go on the power plate whilst ttc? I don't want to renew my gym membership as it is a 12 month contract but I am getting plump shock

LoveLaughingLots Sat 09-Feb-13 22:08:16

Evening Ladies,

This cycle we've DTD at least every other day! If I'm not pg in this cycle it's going to knock my confidence a bit. When I read about ovulation and conception videos they don't state the reason as to why an egg wouldn't be fertilised by a sperm...I'm almost at the point of making demands now!

I think we should all just DTD every other day, then it's GOT to work almost instaneously! Haha

LLLx

ELA88 Sat 09-Feb-13 22:21:10

Exactly my thinking love !! It must work! Maybe we'll all have Valentines day conceptions :-) xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now