TTC for the first time

(786 Posts)
bluefreckles Thu 17-Jan-13 18:50:24

Hello ladies

I would like to start a thread/bus/merry-go-round to meet, get support and share with ladies in the same boat as me:

TTC baby no 1!

Will you join me and see it through to the BFP?!

A bit about me - I'm 29, DP is 35. This will be our first child.

Juhannus Thu 07-Mar-13 19:29:27

WakeyCakey

I've downloaded My Cycles, I like it it's intuitive and easy to use and it's pink smile Like yours the home screen keeps you updated on AF. There's the opportunity to add lots of data just pressing on a date on the calender.

I'm still nervous which is silly I know :/

WakeyCakey Thu 07-Mar-13 20:10:43

I'm just getting silly impatient now. Am thinking if I get a BFN I may cool it off a bit and just start DTD as much as possible and see what happens. If I didn't know my ovulation I don't think I'd be this impatient!

123234345 Thu 07-Mar-13 23:53:48

SarahMargaret - from the top of my head I think that ovulation tests give a positive result about a day before ovulation, and you can still conceive the day after ovulation, so if that's correct then it'll be worth jumping on him when he walks through the door. Having had sex within the last week will also give you a chance. This is very non-expert knowledge, though! I really don't know how accurate this information is, or how accurate ovulation tests are.

Sarah I'm swapping from cbfm to opks so I've been doing both this cycle to compare them. I had a high yesterday on the cbfm and just got a peak cbfm this morning, judging on last cycle I'd expect another peak tomorrow morning and to ovulate tomorrow or the day after. I had a strong positive opk yesterday, which in my estimates was two days before I ovulate, so I'm expecting another positive today.
In conclusion, I'd POAS again today and hope it's still positive!!

SarahMargaret Fri 08-Mar-13 09:06:25

I hop both 123234345 and barkingtreefrog are both right smile I will take another opk before I leave for work and your right I will be jumping on him asap tonight, without being gross and I hope this isnt tmi, but I still have mucus today so I'm hoping thats a positive sign smile I had tried the basal therm before trying opks but my temperature varied most mornings anyway. Good luck to you both smile

TheSlug Fri 08-Mar-13 09:48:06

TTC officially started last night! woohoo...!!

Bartlet4America Fri 08-Mar-13 13:20:15

theslug yay! exciting times!! Hopefully you'll get lucky and conceive in the 1st month!! Fingers crossed for you.

I'm due on Monday (cd37 I think) but my periods are all over the place so who knows. I did a test this morning (Superdrug early detection one) and it was a BFN but I kind of expected it tbh! Not really had any symptoms lately either, so perhaps this just isn't going to be my month... That's fine though, I guess I'll know for sure by the end of next week. Fingers crossed for everyone else!!

WakeyCakey Fri 08-Mar-13 15:36:28

Fingers crossed for you too bartlet there is still time this month!
Although I am symptom spotting I don't think I am actually feeling any different! Not a good sign but I still have hope for Tuesday

PistachioTruffle Fri 08-Mar-13 16:15:19

BBT thermometer arrived today so I can begin charting properly tomorrow grin I've also got some robitussin that I might try to increase EWCM, haven't decided wether to go ahead with it yet though.

Bartlet4America Fri 08-Mar-13 16:44:42

Thanks wakey, I just hate how badly I want it!! I guess we'll all know next week. I'm really hoping at least one of us gets a BFP!

Madratlady Fri 08-Mar-13 17:47:58

Terrible period pains. No sign of AF but expecting it tonight. I'm relieved to be honest because even though I didn't conceive this cycle we'll be able to try again next cycle.

Saw the doctor today about the pain during sex (lovely doc, we had a nice chat while she was peering up my lady bits). I have to have a sexual health screen and then she's going to refer me for an ultrasound of my abdomen, I can't remember exactly what that is to check for. She also said that I have quite a low cervix which points backwards slightly, so I wonder if DH is knocking it when we DTD. Is having a cervix that points backwards likely to cause any problems conceiving?

WakeyCakey Fri 08-Mar-13 18:16:57

Well I'm getting cramps today, not bad ones just slightly so I think this month is probably a no. Can't say I'm not gutted!

Madratlady Fri 08-Mar-13 18:29:04

Hopefully we'll both be lucky next month Wakey.

I was 3 weeks late and getting bfns so I was starting to wonder where AF was! I haven't had craps like this since before I was on the pill. It huuuuurts! I'm going to have to have wine and chocolate to help with the pain lol.

WakeyCakey Fri 08-Mar-13 20:23:08

madrat I just read that as

I haven't had crabs like this....
It cheered me up. Cramps seem to have subsided so I'm still a bit hopeful!

Madratlady Fri 08-Mar-13 21:08:14

I just noticed that there was a typo there, I meant CRAMPS, not craps as I posted, nor crabs.

Glad to be of amusement anyway smile

Blondie276 Sat 09-Mar-13 08:32:43

Hi all! New poster to this thread and need some advise!
Am on 2nd cycle since coming off BC. First cycle was normal with all fertile signs and was 27 days long ( we weren't TTC first cycle)
Am now on second cycle and day 15. No change in mucus although cervix has been high last two days but starting to lower today so guessing I've had my fertile time?
No idea if I've O- its so fustrating trying to work out whats going on and as only cycle 2 am not using OPKs
any advise from anyone?

Bartlet4America Sat 09-Mar-13 23:55:58

Hi all - hope you're having good weekends smile still no sign of AF, she's supposedly due Monday so we'll see. Have carried on DTD regardless, it's all good fun grin

Hi blondie, if I were you I would just have sex every other day or as close to that as you can get if you don't want to use OPKs yet! Other than that, I'm not that clued up on mucus etc but hopefully one of the others will be along to help! (Welcome btw! And good luck ttc!)

How's everyone doing? I POAS again this morning because I'm turning into a frigging psycho and obviously, BFN. Hopefully you've all got more willpower than me!

ticktock1979 Sun 10-Mar-13 00:17:08

Symptom spotting to the max! Why does Mother Nature make early signs of pregnancy & build up to visit from AF so similar?
Making sure I don't go out & buy any tests as if they are in my house I will definitely do them - temptation! smile
Good luck with up-coming tests - fingers crossed someone gets the BFP we're all hoping for. xx

Blondie276 Sun 10-Mar-13 13:10:15

Thanks bartlet.
Ewcm has arrived this morning although finacee is working early shift and in working late shift so will have to wake him up when I get in for dtd! Fingers crossed timing will be right!!
Ticktock- I feel your fustration! I kept telling myself that whilst ttc I wouldn't dwell on things but It would appear everyone near enough becomes obsessed! Fingers crossed for you! Keep your hands off those tests lol!

123234345 Sun 10-Mar-13 14:15:40

Blondie - I've not managed to get my head round mucus; some people use it as a guide to ovulation but I find it just changes consistency randomly throughout the month rather than half way through. I use OPKs although all the advice says to ditch them and just have sex every 2-3 days throughout your cycle. I think most of us who use them started after they'd been trying to conceive for a few months rather than straight away. I find them useful as an extra reminder to have sex and to have a little bit more information on what's going on.

123234345 Sun 10-Mar-13 14:30:06

And on to me. Got my period yesterday and it made me feel quite sorry for myself because I'd had sore breasts the previous few days which I hadn't had before, so I was starting to think that maybe it's my month. I haven't even been able to tell my husband yet as he's at work all weekend. I've already
been referred to the fertility clinic as we've been trying for a year but I haven't heard from them for an appointment yet. DVDs, wine and ice cream came to the rescue yesterday and I'm feeling better today. I wouldn't say no to a nice pint of real ale, though.

WakeyCakey Sun 10-Mar-13 17:40:03

I'm sorry AF came 123 at least you are being referred so they can get to the bottom of why it hasn't worked yet.
Try not to let this ruin your mood and if definitely be heading out for the ale!

123234345 Sun 10-Mar-13 18:17:53

Thank you Wakey :-)

Bartlet4America Sun 10-Mar-13 23:16:40

123 sorry about AF sad but the referral will sort you right out, I bet. Hope you're feeling okay.

No AF symptoms apart from v occassional twinges but otherwise, nothing. I dont feel pg and i dont feel AF coming on. Shes due tomorrow so we will see. Did a test and BFN this morning so thinking this isnt my month. Onto the next!!!

WakeyCakey Sun 10-Mar-13 23:21:36

Well AF has arrived. Can't say I'm not disappointed but at least I didn't waste another test on Tuesday! Hope she buggers off quick so I can try again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now