TTC after recent mc - thread 3. Handholding, naff jokes and the infamous Laura Ashley skirt.

(976 Posts)

Happy new thread! Here's hoping for lots of Christmas and new year bfp's, and long healthy pregnancies for everyone. smile

blundercatsHOHOHO Thu 13-Dec-12 22:17:02

Hey bumpkin, sorry you're feeling low with it all- totally understandable. Do you use opks?

I'm feeling it this evening too. Facebook is full of scan pics at the moment. I think I am actually haunted by my scan (and the photo they first offered me and then when I declined, stuck it in my file so I was faced with it before and after my erpc). Want to feel pleased for others but it just hurts at the moment.

bump that is an amazing achievement of your mum. Going to Buckingham palace too eh? Bet you all thought carefully about your outfits!

AlmondFrangipani Thu 13-Dec-12 22:29:27

Yeah to a new thread and a new ap that is working!

Stats: 31 yrs TTC #1. Natural Mc in Aug/Sep at 7 weeks (bleeding started at 5.5) due to clot in womb. 5 weeks later AF showed. BFP 6+2. Fx get to 12 wk scan and in tact!

Good luck tomor Lol! Thought I was further behind you?!

<Waves night to everyone>

BumpKitty Thu 13-Dec-12 22:33:27

ha ha blunder actually i looked like a bag of crap, DD was about 6 months - still breastfeeding all the time, cosleeping with me and was coming down with a cold. My outfit was ok but i just scraped all my hair back and shoved it into a bun thinking i'd sort it out at some later point but never did - luckily i'm not in many pics as straight after the ceremony I had to dash into the car and feed DD to stop her screaming her lungs out. Everyone else looked nice though smile

So sorry about your scan, I was expecting the worst at my scan as I had had bleeding and quite a bit of pain during the night so to see an empty sac was actually a relief.

My boobs, they hurt!

My stats: currently pg with number 3 after blighted ovum at 7.5 weeks in October/November. Conceived directly after mc so I don't know how the hospital will date the pregnancy as they never believe a damn word I say re: dates and opk's. mutter mutter...

Did I mention my boobs hurt?

BelissimaLol Fri 14-Dec-12 12:01:53

Just back from hospital. They found a tiny baby with a heartbeat!! grin
Measured 3 days behind where I thought I was so I'm now 6+2 and not 5.

IBelieveInPink Fri 14-Dec-12 12:21:20

Aw lol just had a little tear for you! Must be extra emotional today! Congrats. How lovely and exciting smile

Boozeandadietjinglebell Fri 14-Dec-12 12:22:20

I feel very, very ill. Entirely self induced but still feel sorry for myself. Bleurgh. Need to go and buy DH's Christmas present now as we've sent everyone home (productivity was at a bare minimum!).

BLol yay for your little baby and their tiny heartbeat. So pleased for you!

yorkiebilb Fri 14-Dec-12 12:41:25

Great news BLol!! You must be very pleased.

Fozzie1977 Fri 14-Dec-12 12:52:39

hello there- not sure if i really belong her or in fact where i belong. diagnosed with a PUL just over 4 weeks ago at 6 weeks pregnant after two periods of bleegins. Treated with menthotrexate 4 weeks yesterday and having weekly blood tests to monitor HCG levels. Hit 74 yesterday and EPU want be below 20. feels like this has been going on a lifetime. almost over thank goodness. won't be able to TTC again until middle February :-(

BelissimaLol Fri 14-Dec-12 13:08:56

Hi foz sorry you find yourself here and yeah you do belong with us! I had a PUL back in July and these ladies helped me loads.
Yeah I'm pleased and a bit freaked out. I have not thought what will happen if I actually have a baby!
Not out of the woods as we all know but I huge step forwards!

Bakingtins Fri 14-Dec-12 13:09:25

Great news Blol so pleased for you!

Welcome Fozzie - you can belong here, we're all at different stages of the journey. Hope you get your levels down soon. I had to go back for weeks after MC because levels took a long time to fall to zero, I know what you mean about prolonging it. We'll put you down for a November baby, shall we?

Fozzie1977 Fri 14-Dec-12 13:12:02

thanks ladies- just felt a bit lost lately as this was our first pregnancy and we got pregnant as soon as we started trying so was heartbroken for it all to go wrong. yes November would suit be fine lol

how did they treat your PUL Belissima?

Fozzie1977 Fri 14-Dec-12 13:15:16

oh and congratulations to all those pregnant ladies!!

AlmondFrangipani Fri 14-Dec-12 18:49:50

Lol awwww that is lovely news! I am very pleased all is going well for you. Have you had any more symptoms?

James me too! I am have moved to non-wired bras. If you havent already that might help?

I have had the worst nausea for the past few days. Literally feel like I am going to puke at any moment (but havent yet). The only way to get through it I have found is eating crisps and ginger nuts! So much for trying not to put too much weight on!! I feel like a right hefalump already!

Hi Fozzie, welcome to our lovely group!

P.s to the bee's and non bees watching their intake I have found some lovely fake mulled wine from Sainsburys. Not quite the same but close enough to make me feel I am having a fun festive drink!

BelissimaLol Fri 14-Dec-12 18:54:25

I'm going shopping tomorrow for fake festive drinks so will look out for mulled wine (which I love!)
What else do you suggest? Any fake wine worth drinking?
The only new thing is the pain and size of my boobs. They are literally jumping out of my bra! Might have to buy a new one.
Feel only very slightly queasy but more hungry really. And still knackered all the time!

littlepinkfizz Fri 14-Dec-12 20:14:23

Hi ladies,can I join please?

Cycle 5 since mmc at 13 weeks. I also had horrendous ms where I never vomited once but had dreadful nausea 24/7 and went down to under 6.5 stone. So much for a good sign....

Have 4 dc,youngest 22 mths and had 2 mc's prior to ds conception,but at around 6/7 weeks.

Problem is that we don't manage to Dtd on the correct days as DO feels under pressure to perform. So we are just shagging when we can and real,y hoping for the best. Not bothering with opk's o,temps or examining cm as I feel that makes me obsessed.

Anyway, that's me! Good luck and Christmas wishes to everyone smile

BumpKitty Fri 14-Dec-12 21:28:22

hiya fozzie and littlepinkfizz welcome on board.

Blol so excited and happy for you, lovely news xx

blundercatsHOHOHO Fri 14-Dec-12 21:45:29

Hi fozz, sorry you are here but you definitely belong, if you want to.

pinkfizz, I think we have met on either ttc or maybe the May thread- not sure you'll remember me, but just to say welcome and I'm sorry you're here too.

bump, that's amazing- dashing to b-palace and running about managing a screaming hungry DD- that's got to be a memory to make you smile. That's a real family!

lol, as you know- delighted for you x x

booze you ok? Christmas party wassit?

BumpKitty Fri 14-Dec-12 21:49:38

cheers bump it was pretty special, I have put a pic on my profile if anyone is interested. And one of DD as I couldn't resist!

BumpKitty Fri 14-Dec-12 21:49:51

ha ha i mean blunder

blundercatsHOHOHO Fri 14-Dec-12 22:11:15

bump (or should I call you blunder?!), these are gorgeous pics. But where is the one of you hanging out of the car feeding DD?!

Also, not sure as bottom pic doesn't show brilliantly on my phone but it looks to me that your daughter has something very similar to your mum about her?

BumpKitty Fri 14-Dec-12 22:39:36

Right blunder just for you - note tired face and attractive scraped back hair.
Funny you should say about DD and my mum - I am the spit of my mum and DD is just like her daddy but I took a pic of her yesterday and it reminds me of one of my mum's baby pictures - so maybe smile

blundercatsHOHOHO Fri 14-Dec-12 22:46:23

Thank you bump, I am honoured.

Firstly- I can't believe there really is one of you in the car! Secondly you look great (love DDs frills too) and thirdly I might be wrong but I still reckon there's a resemblance there- between all three of you smile

Bodice Fri 14-Dec-12 22:55:48

Hi can I join? Not quite able to start trying till AF but need some hand holding anyway.

Well my stats: age 31. Had two miscarriages now.
Number one: in august was thought to be an early failing ectopic - no intervention - just lots of blood tests and waiting around for hormones to stop going up.
Number two: a MMC I had an ERPC on tuesday. Should have been 8 weeks ish but heart stopped about 6 and a half.

Still bleeding a bit and then waiting for AF. And then i will be getting blood tests - thrombophilia screen etc and then I will be debating with hubby whether to take the baby aspirin from that point and start trying or wait another 6 weeks for a second lot of tests - why they feel the need to do a repeat and make me wait more beats me. I Just want to get on with it. Is anyone else in this predicament?

BumpKitty Fri 14-Dec-12 23:05:01

blunder i spent a lot of time in that car, DH was taking the pics so I guess he wanted to capture the day as it was! There is also one of me with a beefeater, but I digress...

Bodice welcome to the thread - and well done for already having a 'B' name (if you haven't read back a lot of the posters who are now pg have names beginning with B). So are you having blood tests as you have had 2 mc or is it due to the first one being ectopic? Just wondering as I know most PCTs only investigate after 3 mcs. Have you looked on the miscarriage association site? I suppose it depends on the reason they are asking you to wait, it is very hard to get to the bottom of this for most of us. I hope AF turns up soon for you - did you get pg straight after your first mc?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now