TTC after recent mc - thread 3. Handholding, naff jokes and the infamous Laura Ashley skirt.

(976 Posts)

Happy new thread! Here's hoping for lots of Christmas and new year bfp's, and long healthy pregnancies for everyone. smile

littlepinkfizz Sun 30-Dec-12 16:45:49

My AF due Wednesday but did frer this afternoon and bfn. V disappointed but not surprised. Have v sore boobs so was hopeful. X

IBelieveInPink Sun 30-Dec-12 17:08:54

booze!! That's fab! How exciting! I have been cramping loads too, so I wouldn't worry too much. Oh how exciting, I was explaining to my DH earlier how we were waiting for you to test. Eeeeek!

BlingJingleJanie Sun 30-Dec-12 17:20:54

yay for booze good work smile got everything crossed for you smile

i wasn't really sure when i was going to be ovulating this month as i always have wtf cycles - before my mc i had 50 day cycles then it was a 10 week wait after my d&c until AF made an appearance (arrived on 12/12/12) so i wasn't getting my hopes up for a 'normal' cycle this time round. but today i've had ewcm and so now i'm wondering if it's happening now?? sorry if tmi but if i have ewcm does that mean that i'm a bit late to catch the fertile days this cycle? we DTD yesterday and i might get the romance on tonight in the hope that maybe i'm not to late!!!

and blol sorry to hear you;re feeling under the weather. i find tiger balm really helps - you can rub in on your temples or chest - it's like a herbal / non chemical version of vicks and i would tend to use it if i get blocked sinuses or headaches or stuffy nose.

Bakingtins Sun 30-Dec-12 18:32:45

booze! Great news! Hope this is the start of another little flurry of BFPs for the new year.
pinkfizz it ain't over till the fat lady sings (or AF arrives) hopefully you are just too early.
janie EWCM appears around your most fertile time so go for it, after you ovulate CM turns more creamy.

blundercatsHOHOHO Sun 30-Dec-12 18:55:51

Booze! Congratulations! It all looked good and the line confirms it. Does this mean two bfps on the first month of trying each time? If so that is amazing. Good good vibes for this one being a nice sticky one.

blundercatsHOHOHO Sun 30-Dec-12 18:56:53

Littlepink- you're not out yet are you? It's only Sunday so a lot can change in those three days?

blundercatsHOHOHO Sun 30-Dec-12 18:57:49

Bling- sounds good! Get to it girl!!

Sorry for separate messages, have had wine and can't remember who wrote what.

Boozeandadietjinglebell Sun 30-Dec-12 19:46:24

Blol faint line but visible on a photo of the test I took this morning. Don't know about testing again tomorrow. Should it be darker by then or should I try and wait 48hrs from the last test? I had a two pack of FRERs so have one left. In the states they don't have the CB digital time ones. Last time I didn't get a BFP on an frer until two days after AF was due, so taking such an early positive as a good sign!!

Blunder yes, this will be two BFPs from two cycles. Both times we DtD the morning of getting a smiley on the OPK. I really hope I'm not the person that finds it really easy to get pg but not to stay pg. oh well, DH is feeling smug. Obviously it's all down to
him...

Janey if you have EWCM go for it - mine came around the same time as the smiley.

ibelieveinpink that's so funny. DH has been taking the piss out of me and my 'Internet friends'. I don't think he realises how neurotic I'd be without you lot! Cramps are getting better. Had some paracetamol and there are lots of Internet people reporting really bad AF like cramps. Mine aren't that bad! Still shit scared though. Everything feels better than last time (as in I feel sicker, have stronger symptoms etc) but still...

pinkfizz see earlier comment about not getting a BFP until two days after AF was due last time. ibip tested too early and got a bfn too - fx for you

Right, better go back to pretending to pay attention to the Nfl game I'm at...

yorkiebilb Sun 30-Dec-12 19:46:51

hey all, huge congrats to Booze on your bfp!! What's New Orleans like?

fx to all still waiting to test. I am currently very hungover and hang my head in shame for drinking too much vodka last night. Oops.

I'm currently waiting for my af after the mc and wondered if anyone suffered from bad cramps in the run up to their first af? they are similar to my normal pre- menstrual cramps just more painful.

Boozeandadietjinglebell Sun 30-Dec-12 21:07:40

yorkiebilb New Orleans is great. I think it'll be funny for you having NO and Vegas in the same trip - Bourbon Street is nearly as bad as the Strip (if not worse!!).

Yep - cramps before first post mc AF were awful. The day it started in earnest I felt like I'd been punched in the stomach and was in tears. Drink through it, it's the only way wine

IBelieveInPink Sun 30-Dec-12 21:21:01

yorkie yeah, cramps were definitely worse for first af. Dose up on paracetamol. Hope it's not too bad for you.

littlepink yeah I didn't get a BFP when I was 11 dpo. I had to wait until the day before af before I got a positive. There is definitely still time.

blunder yeah, 2 on first cycle trying!! I think there is something in this 'more fertile after mc' thing... Fingers crossed your cycles sort themselves out quick so you can join us!

booze yeah my cramps aren't as bad as af cramps, but feel similar. I remember this from last time though, but like you say, it is stronger. Not started feeling sick yet though, but then I didn't last time. Have been very sleepy, and can smell the Christmas cheese from the other side of the room (although it is v strong Stilton so maybe that's just the cheese!)
When do you get back? When can you get your hands on a digi? A line is a line, but if you would feel better to see it really strong, wait till new years day. That way, it be a lovely start to 2013 smile

IBelieveInPink Sun 30-Dec-12 21:22:52

Just realised I started every paragraph with yeah. Now banning that word from my vocabulary. Useless.

yorkiebilb Sun 30-Dec-12 21:40:36

thx Booze and Ibelieve cramps were my excuse for drinking so much last night! Not sure I could handle any more today!

Booze sounds great! Keep us updated with your travels. when I got my bfp before the mc it was quite faint until when my af would have been due then got darker. In an ideal world it would be better to wait a couple of days if I were you but I am v impatient so I can understand that being virtually impossible to do!

chocolateteabag Sun 30-Dec-12 22:13:35

Boring update but we have heating!!

We had a second opinion yesterday and it turns out our boiler has a 4.5m flue and could have up to a 7m one per Mftr's guidance. (The gas cowboy before Christmas had said we had an illegal 7m one and it would have to be moved and shortened to 5m. He had not cleaned our boiler properly either so no wonder he couldn't get it started again)
The guy who came yesterday was the MD of a bolier company that DH has done some work for and would only accept cups of tea as payment for his 4 hours of work yesterday so inclined to believe him.

So our heating is back on and we will not be paying the call out charge of the first guy who would have had us pay him £1000 to unnecessarily move a boiler. Either he is a crook or an idiot who cannot use a tape measure.

Lesson learnt to always get a second opinion

However we are now back with the out laws tonight and for NYE so still living out of a bag and unable to properly relax. Should be trying to DTD tonight but feels weird in someone else's house

BelissimaLol Sun 30-Dec-12 22:25:09

Thanks for the tiger balm hint! I have some in my drawer I bought in Singapore and had completely forgotten about it! Now have it all over my forehead and feel better already.
Booze I think the line will get a little darker each day but if you have the strength then wait an extra day! That is pretty impressive considering its nye tomorrow.

yorkiebilb Sun 30-Dec-12 22:30:46

chocolate woo hoo on the boiler getting fixed! Must be such a relief. grin

BlingJingleJanie Sun 30-Dec-12 23:52:40

Excellent blol, hope it does the trick smile

And chocolate I'm glad to hear you've got some warmth to go home to, what a bloody carry on though, some people really are cowboys.

IBelieveInPink Mon 31-Dec-12 08:13:21

booze what did you do? Are you holding out til tomorrow? Or di you have a stronger line already?

chocolate what a bandit! Is there someone you can report him to? Wouldn't want the same happening to someone else who didn't have the sense to get a second opinion!

blundercatsHOHOHO Mon 31-Dec-12 09:00:03

Booze, how is it today? What opks do you use?

Pink - yes please I would love to join you!! Maybe my body's a bit more buggered because I was a bit further along? Hopefully it'll sort itself out soon. <wails>

Chocolate- bloody hell that's so annoying! Good it's getting sorted soon though.

chocolateteabag Mon 31-Dec-12 09:48:42

If anyone is struggling with bad sinuses (ESP if pg when you can't take decongestant) then I would massively recommend getting a sinus rinse kit
It's a bit like a Neti pot but a lot easier to use
I got a Sinus Rinse from NeilMed via Amazon for about £10 and it is amazing.

Bit yuck when all the snot rinses out - but in a good way.

BumpKitty Mon 31-Dec-12 11:16:12

Hi all, I see you've all been busy! Huge congratulations booze so happy for you.
I'm back at work today, it feels very odd. My mum was taken into hospital last Friday but is back at home now. All feels very odd as people keep asking how my Christmas was ( as nobody at work knows about my mum) and I have no idea what to say...
Anyway better get back to work x

yorkiebilb Mon 31-Dec-12 12:58:22

bump sad to read your update - sounds like a rubbish xmas.

blundercatsHOHOHO Mon 31-Dec-12 16:42:13

Oh bump you poor thing, what a difficult time. How is your mum doing? Thinking of you x

BlingJingleJanie Mon 31-Dec-12 16:51:58

thanks for the sinus tip chocolate i often get troubled with sinus headaches so i'll gladly try that!

and bump i'm so sorry you're having to go through such a rough time. just make time for yourself and spend time with your mum if you can. remember that often telling people (in the real world as well as on here) can really take a weight of your shoulders and you might be surprised at the support you get. is there anyone in your work that you're close to so at least they can be aware of your emotions?

i just want to wish you all the very best for 2013, here's hoping for sticky little babies smile and thank you for all you support this year smile so whether you're on the wine tonight or having to stay off it, have a really lovely night wine wine

Bakingtins Mon 31-Dec-12 17:49:10

Joining Janie in wishing you all a happy new year - stickiness for those with BFPs already, fertile cycles for those of us still waiting, and much happiness in 2013 for us all. Feellike saying 2012 - good riddance - but it hasn't all been bad. I am going to complete my photo yearbook tonight and be thankful for the good times photobox half price sale has nothing to do with it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now