the slightly pointless ones ttc (sort of!) now thread

(137 Posts)
LoveYouForeverMyBaby Sun 25-Nov-12 22:06:06

Hi everyone,

Originally was waiting to ttc in Dec but we've agreed to start now...currently on cd19 with no pos on opk but still keeping fingers crossed!
Will poas around 9th Dec anyone else?

LondonSuperTrooper Sat 08-Dec-12 11:16:47

Oh no what a horrendous situation. What is your MIL not willing to look after your DD. Can't your OH persuade her to look after DD at least till the holidays? I think it's very unreasonable for her just to stop suddenly like that.
Big hugs x

Onemoreforgoodmeasure Sat 08-Dec-12 11:22:23

Bridget shock hope the poo crisis was abated!

Aw, Loveyou, it's all really hitting the fan isn't it. Was your MIL looking after your dd full time? Might this be the reason your OH will go for you quitting, the need to look after your dd? I know it doesn't answer the financial reasons immediately.

London I'll also be using opks. I get the cheapies off the internet though and use them to my heart's content.

I shouldn't be testing now as am only just recovering from an mc, but I've recovered really quickly and have ovulation signs and a negative pregnancy test so started opk testing "just out of curiosity"! OH and I agreed that we would wait a full cycle, but the consultant said it wasn't necessary and the idea of missing a perfectly good ovulation might be too much for me. If I could be pg again by Christmas, by New Year, before I properly return to work again it would mean so much. I was lying in bed this morning wondering how I could convince OH in the event that I do ovulate. I'm off for a drink with a friend this afternoon, I've been very good re coffee and alcohol but am looking forward to a big glass of wine and the chance for her to talk me out of trying this month!

literaryone Sat 08-Dec-12 11:34:39

Just checking in here on you "graduates"! Hoping to graduate to TTC by February.

LoveYouForever, oh no! So sorry to hear that, it is shit. Maybe MIL can be persuaded to look after DD for a couple of months more, just so you and DH can sort out how you'll manage? Hoping a workable solution comes up. hugs

Onemore, good luck with deciding on what to do this month. Provided you and your partner and the consultant are all on the same page, it sounds fine. All the best.

BridgetandtheHairyBaubles Sat 08-Dec-12 12:32:26

Gosh, I go on a dog walk and everyone starts posting! No-one posts on a Saturday...

FFS! (and I never usually swear) that is terrible LoveYou, what on earth has happened to make MIL change her mind. I'm sorry but I think that is appalling behaviour. If she doesn't want to look after DD, completely fair enough, but now you are completely reliant on her, she really should carry on doing so until you can get alternative childcare organised.

To be honest, I am absolutely livid on your behalf. Has she apologised? Is full-time caring too hard for her? Is there another relative or friend that can help in the short-term? Could your DH take some holiday or unpaid leave until a nursery place can be found? Is there any chance MIL will reconsider or at least have DD a few days a week?

Don't think about ttc plans just now (you may even already be up-diffed). I'm sure you won't have to wait years. Just concentrate on the immediate task of finding decent childcare.

London total pants about the house viewings but it's always good to get chicken-pox out of the way. When the slips come home from school notifying of an outbreak, I always feel pleased we've got that one knocked off. I hope DS is being an easy patient and doesn't feel too itchy and rotten.

Unfortunately, DD still has a few scars from her time with the pox. I remember, it did feel like a very "ye olde days" illness, IYKWIM?

I might get some ClearBlue OPKs this month too.

OneMore - if you are ready physically and emotionally, and DH feels ready too, then I reckon full steam ahead.

BridgetandtheHairyBaubles Sat 08-Dec-12 12:34:05

Thank goodness for baby wipes is all I can say.

LoveYouForeverMyBaby Sat 08-Dec-12 17:38:24

Did to FRER tests today on both tests a second line showed up....very very faint on both tests and didn't use FMU but both dh and I could see the second line. AF is due tomorrow....wondering if a) I am indeed pg and b) if I am why isn't the second line darker?

Fuck knows what we are going to do re: childcare and money now.

BridgetandtheHairyBaubles Sat 08-Dec-12 18:15:42

You are pregnant! HUGE, HUGE, HUGE, Congratulations grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

The very first "slightly pointless" BFP!.......and very fitting that it goes to the OP.

<feeling quite smug that I said you could be earlier>

LondonSuperTrooper Sat 08-Dec-12 18:35:59

Hey congratulations loveyou!!!

Enjoy this precious moment and just hope that things will work out for the best.

I wonder who's next?!

BridgetandtheHairyBaubles Sat 08-Dec-12 18:49:25

LoveYou - I've been thinking...you know how brides toss their bouquets into the crowd? Well, perhaps you could throw your hpt in my direction? grin

LoveYouForeverMyBaby Sat 08-Dec-12 18:57:37

Thank you bridget and london, you've cheered me up smile spent the day in tears over the mil childcare issue and wish we found out on better terms.

Hope the bfp sticks.

bridget you have been my rock, you seriously have kept me going and been such a huge support. You will definetly get your bfp on new years day.

Will poas again with a digi tomortow with fmu and update again (slightly tearful smile) x

BridgetandtheHairyBaubles Sat 08-Dec-12 19:04:16

Aaaarrrggghhh, just missed you LoveYou, I've gone and posted a message to you on the old thread...

I need to lie down...I feel dizzy from all this thread hopping...

flowersfortea Sat 08-Dec-12 19:16:20

Oh wow brilliant news!!

In life things can come along when you least expect it! Sending you a huge hug and congratulations to both you and your partner.

LoveYouForeverMyBaby Sat 08-Dec-12 23:10:09

Thank you flowers just want it to be morning now so I can do a cb digi test....still doubting ourselves from the faint lines we saw earlier.

LoveYouForeverMyBaby Sun 09-Dec-12 06:46:18

Just did a digi - pregnant 1-2 weeks smile

BridgetandtheHairyBaubles Sun 09-Dec-12 08:58:51

Great news my old ttc buddy - wishing you a healthy, happy and uneventful 40 weeks.

LondonSuperTrooper Sun 09-Dec-12 11:05:38

Congratulations again. Such fab news.

OK, so we've established that you will pass on your hpt to bridget. Bridget can you please pass any left over hpt on to me?

LoveYouForeverMyBaby Sun 09-Dec-12 11:09:53

Thank you guys, wishing and hoping you get your bfps v.soon. Thank you so much for keeping me sane. X

Onemoreforgoodmeasure Sun 09-Dec-12 12:28:50

grin Congratulations Loveyou, how wonderful, and how fitting as the OP!

purpleaura Sun 09-Dec-12 13:16:11

Wow! I missed all the action... CONGRATULATIONS LoveYou!! That's awesome news smile So sorry to hear about the MIL problems, but I hope this latest news helps cheer you along. Wonderful stuff!

Hello OneMore. Totally with you re.the wine. I just had a lovely meal out with DP and savoured a delish glass of white wine. Won't be able to do that for much longer (if all goes to plan!) smile

I just found out my DP has to go away for 5 days with work right after I ovulate, like the day after. Grrr! So annoyed, but we have discussed it and there's nothing to be done about the work trip. There's gonna be some last minute ttc before he leaves!!! Do you think it will affect our chances of ttc this month?

x

literaryone Sun 09-Dec-12 15:20:19

Congratulations again, LoveYou!

Just popping in here to get some insight into the lifestyles of the rich, famous and TTC. wink

BridgetandtheHairyBaubles Sun 09-Dec-12 20:32:51

London I hope your little lad is doing ok and isn't feeling too awful. Have you managed to rearrange the house viewings? If, and I mean if, I get pregnant first, I will gladly toss my hpt in your direction.

purple I understand it is the days immediately before ovulation, and the day itself, that are most important so you should be ok. I can't see it affecting your chances too much, unless you have a cycle where you ovulate much later than normal. All you can do is hope for the best and get lots of swimmers ready lying in wait for that egg.

Have a good week one and all smile

TigerseyeMum Mon 10-Dec-12 00:12:14

Congratulations! You inspire the rest of us to carry on!

BridgetandtheHairyBaubles Mon 10-Dec-12 09:57:44

Yay Tigerseye you've found us. Have a good day.

LondonSuperTrooper Mon 10-Dec-12 12:28:46

* bridget* thanks for your good wishes. My DS is doing OK smile
I haven't re -arranged the house viewings as my DH usually works on Saturdays. I spoke to the EA about the property that we were intending to buy. Apparently the vendor's family are intending to sell it. EA suggest that we should just sit tight and wait till we get further feedback from them. So, at the moment I haven't got a clue where we will end up! I am slightly stressed just thinking of being pregnant and moving house. I really do not want to risk a miscarriage!

loveyou How are you feeling? Has the pregnancy results sunk in yet?

purple I agree with bridget. I conceived my DS by DTD the day before I ovulated - good luck!

purpleaura Mon 10-Dec-12 15:31:52

Thanks bridget and london- that's great to hear and very reassuring indeed. I will pass the good news onto DP. Hopefully we'll make it this time round all being well smile

london- I can understand that the thought of moving house and being pregnant is a bit much. I hate moving! I guess you just have to take it one day at a time. If both of them at the same time would just be too much, maybe its worth holding back on one or the other? If the thought of that is unbearable, then you might just have to find a way through it. You could think about ways you could reduce the stress of moving, like hiring people to pack your things as well as move them? I think you can even hire people to unpack too! Worth a thought.

loveyou- hows work going? Is it settling down now? Thinking of you smile and hoping we can all follow in your bfp footsteps very soon!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now