the slightly pointless ones ttc (sort of!) now thread

(137 Posts)
LoveYouForeverMyBaby Sun 25-Nov-12 22:06:06

Hi everyone,

Originally was waiting to ttc in Dec but we've agreed to start now...currently on cd19 with no pos on opk but still keeping fingers crossed!
Will poas around 9th Dec anyone else?

LoveYouForeverMyBaby Wed 05-Dec-12 13:31:58

Had to do it bridget I was starting to say things were pountless in real life lol!

flowersfortea Wed 05-Dec-12 18:16:55

Hello everyone, I'm beginning to feel a bit more human now (AF came with serious intent to destroy my entire being, painful and exhausting!). Bridget I'm with you on the whole is it AF or not issue, was nearly 24 hours before I knew for sure! Sorry for TMI... So if all goes well next fertile period will be in the lead up to Xmas, think it will be a bit better this time as I have more idea of what's going on and also now realise what everyone meant about the 2WW!

Anyway, loving the caffeine and booze for a few days. LYFMB how was today at work? I realised that if I have kids in childcare I will not be able to stay 3 hours late like I did today angry

So what's with all this snow I'm hearing about? Just blimming cold here! Good to see some familiar names joining... here's to the first BFP come on girls!!

LoveYouForeverMyBaby Wed 05-Dec-12 18:59:31

Still hating work constantlyin tears in the loos...dh told me very sternly he would be f-ed off if I quit as we need the money which is true.

Tempted to poas tomorrow as its 4 days before af is due but know seeing a bfn and going to work will really upset me..trying to hold out til af is due (and no doubt arrives).

BridgetandtheHairyBrigands Wed 05-Dec-12 21:12:01

Flowers I think the first post-pill period can be a bit of a shock to the system if you are used to just a light withdrawal bleed. I'm glad you are now feeling brighter. I can definitely relate to the "loving the caffeine and booze for a few days" - I felt blissfully guilt free as I made my morning cuppa this morning.

My phone app is telling me that my next BFP is due on New Year's Day - strangely enough this has made me feel a bit pessimistic - seems too perfect to actually happen (if that makes sense!) This ttc business is bringing out a superstitious side of me that I didn't know I had.

LoveYouForever have a huge hug. Are you taking time off at Christmas? Can you focus on that as a very short-term strategy to keep you going?

I hope your DH is being supportive - returning to work after maternity leave is a hugely stressful and emotional time for the whole family.

LoveYouForeverMyBaby Wed 05-Dec-12 22:54:59

bridget yes have xmas off at least...thank you for the hug much needed.

LondonSuperTrooper Brazil Thu 06-Dec-12 11:51:07

Hi Ladies!!

I think that I will join you if that's OK? We were planning to wait till we moved house but that has fallen to the wayside as the vendor has sadly passed away earlier this week sad

I think this has hit home that I shouldn't waste time and TTC NOW. So here I am grin

I can't wait till i start my period so that we can get on with it!

LondonSuperTrooper Brazil Thu 06-Dec-12 11:53:10

loveyou I hope that you will feel better soon. Please be positive. Going back to work will be hard at first as you need to get a routine established. Once that is done it will get easier.

I will now need to read this thread to catch up!

BridgetandtheHairyBaubles Thu 06-Dec-12 11:57:24

Hey London, great to have you with us, but do wish it wasn't under such sad circumstances. I know the poor vendor couldn't help it, but how gutting for the sale to fall through at this late stage.

I think - if you feel strong enough - then it's best to get cracking with ttc. There'll never be a perfect moment and time keeps ticking by.

I'm trying to decide whether to keep my new talk nickname - not sure if it is a bit too rude blush

BridgetandtheHairyBaubles Thu 06-Dec-12 12:27:53

Oooh LoveYouForeverMyBaby, how do you fancy LoveYouForeverMy*Bauble*?...

I'd give up my bauble for the greater good...

BridgetandtheHairyBaubles Thu 06-Dec-12 12:30:14

Oh bum, really thought I'd got these smiley/emphasis thingies cracked. Obviously not, so it's back to the preview message function for me.

purpleaura Thu 06-Dec-12 13:11:01

Hi London! Welcome! I couldn't agree with Bridget more- I think it is indeed best to get cracking. There will never be a "perfect" time, and you just never know how long things will take- moving house, or getting that bfp!

Oh, and bridget, your new name is very rude, but I love it!!

BridgetandtheHairyBaubles Thu 06-Dec-12 13:33:49

Yay, thanks Purple - decision made - the hairy baubles are staying! I shall let them proudly dangle.

BridgetandtheHairyBaubles Thu 06-Dec-12 20:47:52

LoveYouForevet hope you are okay. The working week is nearly over - hang on in there.

LoveYouForeverMyBaby Thu 06-Dec-12 23:38:41

Cried for 3 hours solid tonight. Is this normal? Its not getting any better.

BridgetandtheHairyBaubles Thu 06-Dec-12 23:57:20

Oh poppet, can you talk to your DH? Is he able to give you a much needed cuddle? It sounds like everything is getting on top of you.

If you can just grit your teeth and get through Friday, then you'll have the weekend to get your head around how you're feeling.

I should imagine many women have shed similar tears, but that doesn't make it any easier.

Try to get some sleep x

LoveYouForeverMyBaby Fri 07-Dec-12 06:39:23

He bluntly told me I cant quit and thats that.

9dpo today caved and poas of course it was a huge bfn immediately. Do you think maybe it was too early to test? Am due on sun/mon and ovd late.

BridgetandtheHairyBaubles Fri 07-Dec-12 09:53:46

Okay, you can't quit, but surely DH can listen to your feelings and help you work a way through it all. Obviously I don't know your domestic set-up, but there must be ways he can be extra supportive. Just doing little things to let you know he is "on your side" whilst you get used to being back at work.

On the testing front, I'd say it was too early. PLEASE don't get disheartened - this may not be your month - but there are plenty of other chances ahead. STAY STRONG!

Onemoreforgoodmeasure Fri 07-Dec-12 18:00:59

Love that sounds tough. I always think when things are tough at work then you need home to be stable and vice versa. When you're ttc'ing it's tougher if work isn't so great. You have my sympathies.

LoveYouForeverMyBaby Fri 07-Dec-12 21:52:10

To top it off I have a horrible sore throat....that's not a pg symptom by any chance is it? (Clutches at straws)

BridgetandtheHairyBaubles Fri 07-Dec-12 22:31:32

Not one I've ever heard of...but it truly wouldn't surprise me if it was. There seems to be no bodily sensation that can't be attributed to early pregnancy.

Seriously though LoveYou feeling ill is the last thing you need; I do hope you have a good weekend and feel brighter soon.

LoveYouForeverMyBaby Fri 07-Dec-12 23:51:43

I know...thank you for being concerned bridget had a couple of asprins and off to bed now.

BridgetandtheHairyBaubles Sat 08-Dec-12 08:37:40

Hope the sore throat hasn't got worse LoveYou - I've woken up with a bit of one too. I've got a dull day head as DP is off indulging his hobby again, which means I have to drag a reluctant nearly 6 year old out on a dog walk.

We also have no toilet paper until Mr Ocado shows up in his Lemon van and Mini Bridget is currently having a poo. CRISIS!

LondonSuperTrooper Brazil Sat 08-Dec-12 10:58:42

loveyou how are you feeling today? I sincerely hope that you are feeling better. And hey it's the weekend smile

bridget what a nightmare indeed ! Really hope that you get some loo paper soon. Just out if interest, how did you solve the poo crisis !

We were meant to go and view a houses this afternoon as DH and I thought it'd be best to have a back up plan just in case the probate drags on forever. But my son has come down with chicken pox - how bloody inconvenient! You'd think that he'd be kind enough to wait till after the house viewing!

I'm impatiently counting down to the start of my next period so that we can finally get this TTC business started. According to my calcs I'm due to ovulate on New Years Day smile

I know that most of you are probably playing it by ear but I'm definitely using OPK. My favoured brand is Clearblue. It's expensive but once you find your pattern it's a case of only using 1-2 OPK sticks per month. I like to have the smiley face telling me that I'm due to ovulate. His crazy am
I?!

LondonSuperTrooper Brazil Sat 08-Dec-12 11:00:16

And apologies for any spelling errors- I'm on my phone.

And I was meant to say that we are viewing 2 houses this afternoon.

LoveYouForeverMyBaby Sat 08-Dec-12 11:08:21

Things have gone from bad to worse...2 or so weeks into returning to work mil has now said she is refusimg to look after dd. We're fucked. Cant afford our mortgage without my salary and cant get a nursery place for a year. Ttc for #2 is obviously not going to happen now.

Am in shock. What are we going to do. Oh is taking a day off Mon to look after dd but then what??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now