Trying to conceive after mc? Pregnant after MC and seeking somewhere safe to hide? Recently graduated from the mosh pit? Come on down to the mosh pit for some serious metalling and cake part 4

(985 Posts)
Jollyb Tue 06-Nov-12 18:04:38

I've started the new thread - how exciting!!

I hope this thread will bring lots of BFPs, good scan results and healthy new arrivals.

Polka2 Sun 11-Nov-12 18:28:07

Ok ok I'm still lurking but yikes a BFP that's amazing, a line's a line woooooohhhhhhhhooooooooooogrin

Jollyb Sun 11-Nov-12 20:43:16

Fantastic news yikes. The new thread is clearly working its magic.

Boobs still very sore - I winced when DD leant on me earlier. But I didn't really have any symptoms when pregnant with her so trying not to read too much into this!

possum 24 weeks - a big milestone. Hurray!!

Thank you! Soooo nervous!!! Struggled sleeping last night, which is not like me...
Another faint line today. I have my first appt with the hospital for fertility tests on Thursday. Not going to cancel it for fear of jinxing things!!

ImAbbs Mon 12-Nov-12 08:42:28

Hi ladies am lurcking. Not quite ready to join in just yet.

MumTumWanted Mon 12-Nov-12 08:59:09

Yay yikes grin oh the tempting fate fear how we all know that so well .... So so pleased for your bfp smile

Welcome imabs feel free to lurk and join in when your ready xxxx

17+4 today midwife on Friday I'm amazed ... Just wish I could get rid of this stinking cold and hacking cough. It hurts so much sneezing and coughing sad

Great news yikes <crosses fingers and toes>

Thanks for the replies, baby was wriggling away shortly after I posted that message, buying the carseat and base appears to have thrown the metal jacket back on because it was the only big expense, I kept putting it off and even sat in the carpark outside the shop waiting for 10 movements before I'd go in. But since ds arrived early and the shops over an hour away I couldn't avoid it any longer.

pebspop Mon 12-Nov-12 09:37:50

congrats yikes hope you have started an avalanche of bfps on here.

state glad the baby started moving again. i am waiting to feel movements but haven't felt anything yet. i suppose that will just start a whole new round of worrying.

i have got my 20 week scan on thursday OMG!! just hope everything is ok. i am popping into epu for a quick scan to check heartbeat before i go to antenatal like i did at the dating scan. that will be my last trip to epu as i can't go after 20 weeks. i think i will find out the sex as we are not bonding at all with this pg so it might help us if we can plan for that we are having. dh is getting worried that we will just have a baby sprung on us in april and we won't be ready as we have just been thinking one step at a time!

BraveLilBear Mon 12-Nov-12 10:26:56

Congrats to Yikes and sounds good for you, too Cogito!

Boo to the cold MumTum hope you feel better soon.

Love that you got the carseat State! And love it even more than ministate obliged with the required ten movements to allow the purchase wink

Seriously, though, really good news.

And Tas CSI Miami, huh? Have you nailed the Horatio-sunglasses-flourish-interrogate move yet? That's the true test of too much CSI lol. Hope you're feeling better every day.

Sore boobs Jolly? How exciting! I'm properly flip sided - I get pre-AF sore boobs, but when pg had nowt until after BFP. Freaked out when everyone said 'classic pg symptom' was sore boobs lol. Sounds like the experience with DD was similar to mine - fx this time it's a good sign grin

<waving to everyone else>

tasmaniandevilchaser Mon 12-Nov-12 17:56:53

have forgotten to congratulate yikes, great news! smile

brave don't make me laugh!!! I just had a coughing fit and my pelvic floor is not up to it!!! And no I haven't even thought to practise the sunglasses interrogation flourish, I will have a go grin

I've never had sore boobs in any of my pg, so don't give up hope if you don't have them!

I don't have sore boobs yet. Snuck to the loo at work a few times today to poke them but nothing! Lol.

lurcherlover Mon 12-Nov-12 22:43:53

Congratulations to yikes and the other bfps! This is proving to be a very lucky thread grin

Hi to ImAbbs. I lurked here for a while after my mc before posting. Join in whenever you're ready - everyone is really friendly and if it seems like we've all known each other forever, it's honestly only because we're so chatty and lovely and this thread is very fast-moving!

MumTum we are pregnancy twins - I am 17+5 today!

state glad your naughty baby started wiggling again. They do it on purpose to worry us...not long to go now until you meet that wriggler!

pebs I felt movement with ds at 19.5 weeks I think. I had an anterior placenta which they say muffles movements - I have been surprised at the difference this time around so I think my placenta must be at the back this time. It's normal not to feel movements until about 22 weeks with your first baby though so you might have a bit longer to wait yet. Once you do feel them they tell you not to be worried about not feeling them regularly until about 28 weeks when you should be feeling plenty every day - until that point it's normal (but terrifying) to go for a few days without feeling anything, if the little sod darling has decided to bed in facing your stomach for a while.

Afm I am still muddling along until my anomaly scan, which is in two weeks. I am trying to be really positive about it and focus on everything being OK and looking forward to finding out the sex, and not letting myself metal on any bad thoughts fat chance

Night night everyone smile

Polka2 Tue 13-Nov-12 07:49:28

<runs in, in full body metal suit> I've got a feint line, I've got a feint freaking line aggggghhhhh so so scared and SO SO delighted!

wilderumpus Tue 13-Nov-12 10:34:16

<pokes head round door to shout> ah wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee polka! WOW am so delighted with all these BFPs smile smile congrats lovey smile

state congrats on car seat purchase!

hope you shake the cold soon mumtum thanks

good luck for your 12 week scan pebs!

Eek polka! Yay! grin What a lucky thread grin

LittleSpade Tue 13-Nov-12 11:15:49

Wow 3 BFPs in a week!!! shock grin
I love how we seem to be doing this in groups for added support.

Good luck to those still waiting to test! And Jolly i hope the sore boobs progress to a BFP for you too.

And good luck to pebs at your scan

tas i hope you're feeling a bit better?

BraveLilBear Tue 13-Nov-12 11:38:59

Wow polka another BFP! Congrats! grin

Sooo exciting! I'm P-5 days... twingey boobs but no bloating as I can tell. Still unsure. Last time, I knew I was pg cos boobs twinged on and off but not like the usual building agony pre-AF which seemed to crescendo after ten days before dying back the day after the arrival of the witch.

Was also crazy bloated. But not now. I did though see a pool of sick on the floor on my walk in and felt a mini gag at the thought... but that, I daresay, is probably normal. The fact that I didn't feel even slightly grim when clearing up DSS after an exorcist moment last Saturday can't be a good sign... (tho in hindsight, I think it's cos it smelt like calpol, and not sick....)

What progress Jolly? Remind me - when are you POAS?

cogitosum Tue 13-Nov-12 11:55:16

Congratulations polka that's great.

jolly my boobs are hurting a lot so hope it's a good sign for you!

I'm having progesterone and hcg blood tests today. No particular reason but I hope it'll put my mind at rest a bit!

pebspop Tue 13-Nov-12 12:27:47

congrats polka your post reminded me of when i get bfp! got a little flutter of excitement!

wilde it's my 20 week scan - don't put me back 8 weeks lol!

I have got the scan on thursday. starting with mild panic which will build up to the full metal jacket on thursday am aarrgghhh!!

lets get some more bfps on here!!

wilderumpus Tue 13-Nov-12 12:47:54

lol pebs, my brain is cream crackered. I definitely meant 20 week scan!

sorry, meant to welcome imabbs too. welcome!

MumTumWanted Tue 13-Nov-12 12:48:58

Yay for polka love this lucky thread wink

Good luck with scan pebs smile

Lurches are u feeling movements yet? It's my 2nd preg to get this far so I thought I'd be feeling something definite by now.... I've had pressure and tightening type feelings but nothing I could definitely recognise want to go public announcing movements

Just got back from the gp I knew I was poorly I have an ear throat and chest infection confused needless to say now have anti biotics and am metalling about taking themhmm just wish the cough would bugger off it hurts my lower bump so much when I sneeze and cough sad

BraveLilBear Tue 13-Nov-12 13:44:34

Oh MumTum that sounds rubbish! I always used to think a chest infection was a 'bad cough' til I had one and it floored me! Plus an ear infection? Youch sad

Hope you get well soon thanks

cogitosum Tue 13-Nov-12 17:04:24

Would anyone be able to help me interpret results?

HCG is 938 which seems high... based on new dates because of weird ovulation I had guessed I was 4 weeks but this seems closer to 5 weeks based on the chart i've seen.

Progesterone is 49.1 is this low? Does anyone have a link to ideal progesterone at differnet stages of pregnancy?

thank you!

Great news polka - you can join me in the re-testing-every-day-to-be-sure club!! I did my third test today. 4th tomorrow!!
cogito(ergo)sum - sorry, philosophy grad pedant here! - I'm having bloods done on Thursday so I can tell you the results when I get them so you've got something to compare to. But not sure how long they will take to come through...

cogitosum Tue 13-Nov-12 18:58:16

Thank you yikes that' would be great!

(Descartes originally wrote cogito ergo sum but later changed it to cogito sum as having 'therefore' destroyed his argument.. Also philosophy graduate wink )

Jollyb Tue 13-Nov-12 19:17:34

cogito I've just had a quick google and your progesterone level seems fine as does your bhcg. The table I found said normal range for first trimester was 10-90.

Many congrats to polka. So very exciting.

As for me I am now 8dpo (I think!). Fortunately I'm away on a course so no access to my supplies. I know I proclaimed earlier that I would wait til day AF due. Well I'm not sure I can see that happening so have decided to test on Sat which will be 12 DPO. Seemed a good compromise. Boobs slightly less sore now

dorita and mrs hp how are you both doing?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now