Trying to conceive after mc? Pregnant after MC and seeking somewhere safe to hide? Recently graduated from the mosh pit? Come on down to the mosh pit for some serious metalling and cake part 4

(985 Posts)
Jollyb Tue 06-Nov-12 18:04:38

I've started the new thread - how exciting!!

I hope this thread will bring lots of BFPs, good scan results and healthy new arrivals.

amicablemoomin Sun 03-Mar-13 10:39:19

Esther is such a beautiful name backward - congratulations! It's so great to read positive news about Esther and also the scan news from Dorita, LCR and buzzy among others.

Jollyb Sun 03-Mar-13 21:11:44

Many congrats possum. Esther is a beautiful name. I hope you're recovering from the traumatic arrival.

pixie as far as I'm aware there isn't an age limit on investigation for recurrent miscarriages - though as you get older there is less chance that they will find a reversible cause.

lurcherlover Sun 03-Mar-13 21:14:50

Congratulations backward! What a lovely name too. Sorry to hear Esther had a rough start but it's great she's doing so well now.

Congratulations to dorita and everyone else having positive scans. Fingers crossed for those ttc-ing.

AFM, 33 weeks now and counting down the days until I start ML...four weeks to go (but so much work to get down in those four weeks - get off MN woman!!)

amicablemoomin Tue 05-Mar-13 09:46:10

We are now officially back TTC....feeling optimistic, and the sun is shining today which helps smile. Any advice or thoughts welcome!

Sending lots of luck, amicable x

amicablemoomin Tue 05-Mar-13 13:06:04

Thanks backward, keeping everything crossed (not literally, that would be counterproductive) wink

oo00PIXIE00oo Wed 06-Mar-13 06:34:28

Welcome amicable sorry you find yourself here but you couldn't be in better hands, big hugs smile

notsoold how are you holding up Hun??

Welcome baby Esther congratulations backward

AFM unfortunately I lost the baby yesterday (I was at work!!!) sad having scan tomorrow as planned to make sure the mc was complete and then back to square one sad

Love to you all x

amicablemoomin Wed 06-Mar-13 09:04:41

Pixie, I am so, so sorry to hear that. Thinking of you today sad.

Jollyb Wed 06-Mar-13 11:11:52

So sorry to hear your news pixie.

pixie so sorry. Hope you are ok. X

Dorita75 Wed 06-Mar-13 19:16:13

I'm sorry pixie take care xxx

HJBeans Wed 06-Mar-13 21:21:48

So sorry, pixie. Thinking of you. thanks

notsoold Thu 07-Mar-13 11:09:56

So sorry pixie....

Had my scan today and detal pple with a hearbeat found and measuring aroind 6 weeks ( instead of my almost 8).
Told not to worry ( I will try) and to book a midwife
[Thanks] thank you for supporting me!!! And for holding my hand!

Jollyb Thu 07-Mar-13 15:15:26

That's fantastic news Notsoold.

amicablemoomin Thu 07-Mar-13 16:07:06

a heartbeat.....that's amazing news notsoold.

That's great news notsold

notsoold Thu 07-Mar-13 16:43:43

Thanks gals!!!! Does one ever relaxes though??? ;)

Dorita75 Thu 07-Mar-13 16:53:57

Good news notsoold lovely to hear. You're right, I don't think you ever stop worrying!!!

Had my down syndrome result today, low risk at 1 in 770 so happy with that.

Great news Dorita and notsoold. Very sorry pixie, thinking of you x

notsoold Thu 07-Mar-13 22:47:39

Excellent news, Dorita!!!

The questions of worrying and stressing is a hard one. I still worry and stress somewhat, about my dd that will be 19 years old in September !!!!
smile

Redbird12 Fri 08-Mar-13 13:31:04

Hi all, have been away for a few days so just catching up on all the news.

backward congratulations on the birth of Esther. Lovely name, hope you are both doing well.

notsoold so pleased to hear that your scan went well but unfortunately, I don't think the anxiety ever goes away. I am finding it a bit better after each scan though.

pixie so sorry to hear your news and hope the scan has gone ok. Take your time and take care of yourself and yes, they should now do some blood and chromosome tests to establish if there is any identifiable cause. I had mine done at the GP's last year but then the blood samples were sent away to Oxford so it took a few weeks to get any results (in my case everything came back normal which on one hand was a relief but on the other still did not give me any answers). I think I had the tests about 6 weeks after my last MMC.

I had my 12 week scan this morning and other than the baby not wanting to lie in the right position for the nuchal measurements, everything was fine. I was told to go to the cafe and drink something full of sugar and caffeine to get the baby to move which worked and he/she was then kicking away. Measured at 12+4 so new due date now 16th Sept. We are finally going to tell people this weekend!

Redbird - I am so, so pleased for you! Congratulations. Enjoying sharing your happy, happy news with everyone!

Yet again, I have no idea how 2 weeks can go soooooooo sloooooooowly.

I have booked a GP appointment for 23rd march, it is a sat so DH going to come with me and we shall see what they say.

Dorita great news on the result.

Pixie still thinking of you. Hope you are taking care/being taken care of. Big hugs again.

Dorita75 Fri 08-Mar-13 17:27:39

Yay redbird brilliant news, that's made my day! Have fun telling everyone, we told everyone in work this week and Facebook, was so lovely to get hugs and congrats comments!
How far into the 2ww are you Mrshp hang on in there. Hopefully your doc visits will be like mine and you'll find yourself pg before you get blood results! Fingers crossed for you x

MumTumgot Sat 09-Mar-13 08:32:49

Sorry for your loss pixie do hope u r being well looked after xxx

Backwards congrats hun Esther is a beautiful name grin enjoy every precious second

Afm 36 weeks and maternity leave started yesterday at 12 noon grin going to lakeside this weekend to be brave and start yes start !!!!! To buy things....have consultant appt on Tuesday where hopefully they will give me my date for c sectionshock can't quite believe it but ladies ttc if I can you can wink

Good luck all xxxxx

Oooooooh mumtum - how exciting! Enjoy your shopping spree!

Thanks Dorita - only one week, seriously it feels like forever every time! GP appt on sat 23rd so DH will come with me too in case they want to do anything with him!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now