Trying to conceive after mc? Pregnant after MC and seeking somewhere safe to hide? Recently graduated from the mosh pit? Come on down to the mosh pit for some serious metalling and cake part 4

(985 Posts)
Jollyb Tue 06-Nov-12 18:04:38

I've started the new thread - how exciting!!

I hope this thread will bring lots of BFPs, good scan results and healthy new arrivals.

Congrats nosoold!

And great news about the heartbeats jolly and hjbeans that is brilliant news.

AF due here today/tomorrow. I've had the pre-period headache this week and the crampy feeling so think she's just about to make her appearance... I had my diabetic review and all tests for that fine so that was a relief and I am going o the clinic in march sometime for support with TTC. Feel like I am taking control a little...

Dorita75 Fri 15-Feb-13 17:56:23

How did I miss the heartbeats?? Congrats jolly and beans! I mentioned dopplers to my midwife at booking in on weds and she said they don't agree with them and that was that! I assume they think it's early and he they can't hear anything I'd panic? To be honest I agree....cut do wonder....

Dorita75 Fri 15-Feb-13 17:58:17

Oh dear, how many spelling/phone mistakes in that!

AF has arrived - boo urns, but at least I didn't have to wait for it, and at least DH will be here for the necessary times is month...

Jollyb Fri 15-Feb-13 21:00:38

Ah. mrshp sorry to hear about your visitor. Good luck for March (I'll try to be a bit more patient this month and not ask you about testing every 2 days).

oo00PIXIE00oo Fri 15-Feb-13 21:11:07

So sorry mrshp had fingers toes and everything crossed that I would have a buddy sad good luck through March.

We've gone from dtd all the time to almost nothing think oh thinks it will cause harm and not taking any chances this time! Self referred to EPU and have reassurance scan Monday fx getting so nervous now spent all yesterday evening crying sad last baby was mmc so cannot even rely on the pregnancy symptoms.

Congrats on the heartbeats grin have a great weekend all xx

Thanks guys - ask away jolly, it is fine wink

Jollyb Sat 16-Feb-13 11:07:04

It's a girl!. Had a private scan this morning as off to Australia next week. All looking good. Big relief.

Hope everyone has a good weekend

Jollyb Sat 16-Feb-13 11:11:18

Ps if anyone is concerned about the travel insurance side of things after miscarriages, my insurance company were not interested in my pregnancy history at all. They said that as long as I hadn't been told not to fly by a doctor I was covered.

Dorita75 Sat 16-Feb-13 13:38:26

I'm sorry Mrshp glad to hear DP is around lots this month!!

Great news jolly and have a fab holiday too!

Wow jolly a girl!!! Remind me do you have any Children already? I think not but couldn't remember... I have one DD who is just 3! If not and you'd like some of my favs I' be happy to send on to you. We decided last week just to send all to charity shop as taking up too much room now an of course tempt fate?

Redbird12 Sat 16-Feb-13 16:54:46

Congrats jolly, how exciting! And thanks for the holiday insurance info. DH and I have a holiday in June, booked before I became pregnant as I had got fed up of putting my life on hold with the MMC's and months of TTC. Hoping all has gone well and I still feel up to it by then! Been too nervous to book insurance yet until past 12 week stage, don't want to be saying I need pregnancy cover when I may not.

I have another private scan booked for Tues when will be 9+5, still very nervous despite everything being well at previous scan when I was almost 7 weeks as last year I didn't have any clue that I had lost the babies (that was at 7.5 weeks) until a later scan. I still feel very pregnant...sore boobs, tiredness, bloated although not really been affected by sickness too much. So just trying to get through the next 3 days without thinking about it too much which is almost impossible. Have midwife booking in appointment as well on same day.

Hope everyone else is well and enjoying a more springlike weekend smile

HJBeans Sat 16-Feb-13 22:46:51

Congrats jolly on your wee girl and so glad to hear all is looking good. I had my scan today, too, and it's wee boy for me. I had slight preference for a girl (just a bit less foreign, while I'm getting my head around being a parent!) but we skip a big negotiation over the name this way and I'm mostly just absolutely thrilled he's looking perfectly healthy thus far. Enjoy your holiday! smile

Dorita75 Sun 17-Feb-13 07:35:43

Oh congratulations beans!

I'm similar redbird and Mrshp about not tempting fate etc, I've not signed up to any websites this time, none of that 'your baby at x wks' malarkey popping up in my emails. But have also not read much and thought I'd just remember until a friend told me off for eating fresh cream this wk, didn't remember that being on the bad food list. Maybe I'll have to check my book after all... The pretend it's not happening, to protect myself if something goes wrong, is maybe not the best approach....

So many good news stories on here though, which I hope, give hope to everyone who's had mc, really helps me when I start to metal....thanks girls and enjoy the sun this wkend!

Jollyb Sun 17-Feb-13 15:10:14

Ah that's a very kind offer MrsHP but I do have a 21/2 year old dd and so am quite well stocked clothes wise.

beans a boy - how exciting! I was convinced this one was a boy but clearly my intuition failed me.

Glad you're doing ok redbird too - I think it does get easier as the weeks pass. There are days when I don't even knicker check now.

No problems - if anyone else wants some just say!

LCR77 Mon 18-Feb-13 17:28:58

So sorry MrsHP - it'll happen...good that DH is going to be around for March

Fantastic news on the heartbeats jolly and beans and you know what you're having must be such a relief.

Well I've been tearing my hair out for the last couple of weeks convincing myself something could be wrong when I go for the scan. Also acting like a wailing banshee and overreacting at everything. Unfortunately DP is taking the brunt. Anyone else turning into an emotional harridan they don't recognise???!!

Anyway the wait is almost over 12 week scan only a week and a half away 10+4 today and keep having to remind myself everything will probably be ok, I just have to be patient.

Dorita75 Mon 18-Feb-13 18:39:01

Yes LCR! I'm 10+3 today, scan on 1st March. I'm worried because my morning sickness and tiredness almost have me convinced this is going to stick, and I want to retain my self protection that it may not. Only 11 days until the scan, cannot go quick enough!

oo00PIXIE00oo Tue 19-Feb-13 20:22:22

Evening ladies had my reassurance scan yesterday and don't really know what to think confused my last period was on 2/1/13 which makes me 7 weeks but baby was measuring at 5 weeks so too small for a HB. On a positive note there was a baby which is a step up from both times last year. I hate having had an mc and mmc last year coz my mind is all in a muddle! Should I be worried or pleased confused!! The stenographer said she was not concerned as I have had no bleeding etc so I was to just pop back next week for another go!

What do you all think - am I grasping at straws or being too negative - OH says don't worry as all looks fine but you all know easier said than done sad I'm off to bed now coz always knackered xx

Jollyb Tue 19-Feb-13 23:07:34

pixie sorry to hear you're in limbo. I haven't personally been in your position but from lurking on various forums you hear of many women with scans showing that they are behind their dates, and all working out ok. A few days can make a huge difference in the early stages.

I really hope that everything's ok for you. I know what a stress this must be x

Dorita75 Wed 20-Feb-13 07:14:42

I understand the horrible waiting time is awful pixie however we all know that 5wks, even 6 can be too early for a hb, the fact is that there is a baby there. Many women on the Sept thread are having scans and finding they are out by over a week, that's the wonder of pregnancy! All you can do is wait and I know it's horrible, know that we're with you and you can metal on here any time xx

Pixie, hope the wait isn't too long. Hang in there as the others say a few days makes a massive difference so early on.

buzzybeetop Wed 20-Feb-13 11:35:35

Pixie so far so good, there's something there! Do you normally have a 28 day cycle? Mine's usually more like 34 days so although I'm 11+2 I'm assuming I'm only 10+3, scan tied in with this. Even if you do have normal length cycle you could have ovulated late. Didn't you say you only got faint bfp when your AF was late? That would suggest you ovulated late.
All ok here but time starting to drag now. Roll on a week today for scan

Redbird12 Thu 21-Feb-13 07:29:45

pixie I don't think this sounds like bad news, I think it just sounds like you're not quite as far along as you thought, it's very difficult to see the heartbeat before 6 weeks+ anyway. I know it's so horrible waiting for another scan though, thinking the worst after previous mc's. I hope you manage to get through the next few days ok.

Although we had a successful scan just before 7 weeks, I was still totally anxious about having another scan this week, convinced there wouldn't be a heartbeat this time as we had lost babies previously (unknowingly) at 7 and a half weeks. I'd even started thinking about having to have another ERPC and what to tell work. Thankfully, the scan was fine again, baby measuring correctly and we listened to its heartbeat which almost made me cry. I felt so relieved afterwards to finally be past the point when I lost previous pregnancies.

Now only 2 weeks until the 12 week scan and I'm sure the anxiety will grow between now and then. But then I'm not sure it will ever go away but am trying to relax a bit more. We still haven't told anyone, in fact at the moment I quite like it just being something for DH and me but work may start noticing my ever growing boobs and belly soon!

Redbird - brilliant you are further along than ever. Hope the next two weeks fly by!

Wishing the next week or two away for everyone!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now