Trying to conceive after mc? Pregnant after MC and seeking somewhere safe to hide? Recently graduated from the mosh pit? Come on down to the mosh pit for some serious metalling and cake part 4

(985 Posts)
Jollyb Tue 06-Nov-12 18:04:38

I've started the new thread - how exciting!!

I hope this thread will bring lots of BFPs, good scan results and healthy new arrivals.

SomeDaySoon74 Tue 22-Jan-13 19:55:17

Hello everyone. (Yikes here, with a name-change to reflect my less-giddy state of mind post mc & TFMR). I'm officially back joining the TTC gang (*boy*, kerry, mrsHP, etc) after having had my op yesterday. I'm planning on waiting til AF arrives before starting again though as I'd like to give my body a break first and need to get over the shock of what's just happened. But I thought I'd nest/lurk here for a while in the meantime if that's ok. smile

Jollyb Tue 22-Jan-13 20:23:17

yikes/someday have been thinking about you. Hope you were well looked after yesterday and that you are taking it easy. What a blood roller coaster this TTC/pregnancy business is.

BoyMeetsWorld Tue 22-Jan-13 20:24:37

Hi SomeDay! Hope your op went as ok as it could, and that your body gets itself back to normal ASAP. There's a nice little group of us now...might make the whole thing less terrifying!

Jollyb Tue 22-Jan-13 20:32:54

Meant to say hello to kerry and redbird too. Welcome to this lovely thread.

lurcherlover Tue 22-Jan-13 21:11:05

HI someday - have been thinking of you and wondering how you were doing. Hope you're resting and taking things very easy after everything you've been through thanks

Dorita75 Tue 22-Jan-13 21:38:59

Hi Redbird I remember you from mc thread last year, congratulations and well done on new bfp!

I don't want to speak too soon but think I've cracked this morning sickness lark, I just eat every 30mins. Even though I still get pukey feeling waves it's not as often and not as bad. Hoping it's not going to get worse, we're away for a week next week and our hols usually involve us walking for miles each day, I think exercise makes my sickness worse so not sure I'm going to have the best time! Will have to modify our plans a bit...though, not complaining, just glad I'm pg!!

How are you jolly how far along are you now? Doesn't seem that long ago you got you bfp!

Hope you ttc-ers are keeping yourselves bd busy!!

Hi someday, hope you are still taking care of yourself. Hope everything went as well as it could.

Redbird - I am so glad it is you with a new BFP!

Dorita glad you have cracked the morning sickness malarky.

<waves at everyone else>

I think my cbfm will ask me to start using the sticks tomorrow, so here we go again.... I did also find out recently that my diabetes hasn't been nearly as well controlled as I thought, or perhaps was kidding myself that I thought, so I am back being careful with that with a venegence too. I have my review tomorrow and last time they recalled me in three months and then withint that three months I fell pregnant so I am hoping for the same again...

Redbird12 Thu 24-Jan-13 19:42:25

Hi All, thanks for the welcome. Buzzybeetop looks like we are about the same number of weeks then as I am now 6 weeks pg. You were right about the NHS scans though, despite the GP saying I could get an early reassurance scan, when I received the letter from the hospital, they had booked me in for the start of March when I would be 12 weeks. Called them today and they said they don't do any early scans except in medical emergencies!
So we have decided to pay privately for an early scan, I just can't deal with the anxiety of waiting until March. So booked in for start of Feb. if anything has gone wrong, I would rather know sooner than later rather than have another month of thinking I was pregnant and making plans in my head.
So hard to stay positive though and really don't want to get my hopes up yet.

Kerrynumber1 Fri 25-Jan-13 10:52:55

Hi everyone and thanks for your advice. just a short update exactly 1 week after my erpc i have had what seems like my AF the only difference was that i had really awful cramp. I was wondering if anyone else has had this too? also i have had a neg hpt.
love & hugs
K x

HJBeans Fri 25-Jan-13 18:31:36

Hi all and sorry for the long radio silence. Had a nice catch up post several days ago which was eaten by my browser (grr) and haven't found the time to retype.

I, too, have been thinking of you someday and hope you're as we'll as can be in the circumstances. thanks

Welcome to kerry and redbird - sorry you find yourselves in the thread but hope find it as much a comfort as I have.

How are things for you, jolly? Charging into the second trimester with confidence and feeling well, I hope?

And good luck to all those on the ttc/2ww buses at the moment. :-)

As for me, many belated thanks to the folks a while back with useful suggestions about my backache. It settled down after a week or so, but am booked in with antenatal physio in case it returns and will speak to the rheumatologist, too.

Had my 12 week scan at 13w2 today and all looking good so far. I think I'm finally beginning to believe this might go ahead and my 'this is a pregnancy, not a baby' defence mechanisms are melting a bit. Still feel immediately nervous following any happy/hopeful feelings, but it's getting better.

HJBeans Fri 25-Jan-13 18:34:33

Ooh, and congrats on your good scan lcr and hope the wait though 12 weeks goes quickly for you. smile

textbook Sat 26-Jan-13 09:26:10

Hello all - I posted (and found much comfort) here in November just after my mmc. Thanks to all for your kind and helpful words which got me through a very dark time.

I've dropped back in to say I just got a BFP and am now bricking it and elated in equal quantities smile I'm hoping to be returning more frequently over what is looking like the longest 8 weeks of my life for more hand-holding!

Hi textbook - congrats on your BFP. <holds hand fimrly>

HJBeans - brilliant news on the scan, I am so very excited for you now!

Kerry - I'm really sorry, I can't quite remember about the cramps. I seem to think it all felt a bit funny for a short while. Has it stopped now? If not then it might be worth ringing up GP/hosp just to reassure yourself.

Monitor asked me to use the first stick today so that felt quite exciting again, rather than a chore. I have also managed to sort out my blood sugars and think I have that under control now so hopefully that will also help me.

Jollyb Sat 26-Jan-13 12:00:35

Many congrats textbook - hope the next 8 weeks don't go too slowly.

hj and LCR glad your scans were ok. Exciting times.

mrs hp sending you lots of positive vibes for this cycle. The joys of the CBFM. I had a love hate relationship with mine. I don't think I used it in the cycle I conceived in the end!

I'm 14 weeks today (using adjusted dates). Got my screening results through today 1:450 . Whilst that puts me in the low risk category - it still seems a lot higher than with my DD when it was 1:22000. Trying to be rational about it.

Hope everyone's having a good weekend. So nice to see some sunshine.

Dorita75 Sat 26-Jan-13 15:19:20

Congratulations textbook! and good luck to all the ttc-ers smile

Redbird12 Sun 27-Jan-13 10:35:17

I think I could be mc but not sure....have had really bad cramps for just under 24 hours, worse than period pains but no bleeding although I do keep going to check as convinced I am losing this one. I am 6 and a half weeks.
Have booked early scan privately for a week's time, they said they could bring it forward to this week if I was worried but not sure they will be able to tell me much this early on.
Any advice? Trying to prepare myself for the worst but without any bleeding still retaining a small glimmer of hope.

redbird sorry you are worrying, hopefully it is nothing or just something you ate. My understanding is that they can detect in from 6 weeks son perhaps go for reassurance? If they weren't able to see would thu let you go back the week after? Take care.

Sorry you are worrying redbird just take it easy, feet up and lots of rest. Got everything crossed for you.

someday hope the op went as well as it could have done. Been thinking of you loads thanks

Jolly my test results were much smaller this time - with DS it was up in the 10s of thousands. I guess it's age this time that's done it for me. I took the same viewpoint as you - I'm still in the low risk category.

textbook got everything crossed for you, too. Tentative congrats xx

How are you doing kerry - is the cramping any better? Sorry no advice as I didn't have an ERPC.

As for me, I'm 34+1 and can't really believe I'm on the home stretch now. Only a couple of weeks left at work. Started my new job last week and so far so good. Felt much less stressed on Friday when I finished. Although I do have lots of work to do already - talk about being thrown in at the deep end! Joyful! Love to you all, hope you're having a nice Sunday.

Kerrynumber1 Sun 27-Jan-13 20:19:29

Hi all cramps and bleeding all stopped so now trying again wish me luck....and best wishes and lots of luck to you all too.....will keep you updated. love & hugs K xxx

Dorita75 Tue 29-Jan-13 08:18:16

That's a good sign Kerry FX for you xx

backward did you ever think you'd be in the home straight! Hope last few weeks go smoothly for you x

textbook Tue 29-Jan-13 16:04:48

Good luck Kerry, It WILL happen soon smile

Thanks for the congrats everyone - got a 2-3 weeks on CB digi yesterday so hormones are progressing nicely. Feel like death though, and so sick already. Just glad to be back in the game though.

What's the opinion on early scans? I know I can't have an NHS one (asked at EPU after MMC and was given a categorical 'No!') but I was wondering if a private one might be a good idea? I had a blighted ovum before, and just don't think I can face getting to 12 weeks again and having nothing there to see...

Redbird12 Tue 29-Jan-13 18:51:13

Hi all, textbook, congrats on the BFP. I would advise an early private scan if you can afford it to save so many weeks of worrying. I knew for sure this time I couldn't wait until 12 weeks so asked the consultant who did my ERPC how early he could scan me. If I find out at 7 weeks things have gone wrong, then at least that's 5 fewer weeks of thinking I am pregnant and making plans in my head. I know things can still go wrong even if the scan is at 7 weeks is ok but the early reassurance would help.

After suffering a lot of pain at the weekend, i have bought my scan forward to tomorrow as I would just rather know if things have gone wrong. I know it may be too early to detect a heartbeat but if there is internal bleeding like last time, they should be able to see that or if it's a blighted ovum. I am really worried, finding it very difficult to relax tonight.

kerry glad to hear the worst of the physical part is over. Take care of yourself and give yourself time to emotionally heal as well.

dorita hope the morning sickness is getting better

hjbeans good news on the scan

jolly and backward hope everything is continuing to progress well.

mrs hp thanks for the reassurance, I am trying not to get my hopes up only to be disappointed tomorrow but I know what will be will be now and if the pains at the weekend were an mc, there's nothing I can do to change that now. Just v scared of going through it all for the 3rd time in little over a year sad

redbird hope you get some sleep tonight and all is well on your scan tomorrow.

kerry glad the cramps have stopped, I found it would all suddenly pop back into my head at random moments even when I thought I was 'over it'. Completely normal and allow yourself time to deal with it.

textbook I don't know how much a private scan is. I get early scans as I am diabetic, and with hindsight was pleased to find out at 7.5 weeks, even though it took nearly another 4 for anything to happen.

Redbird12 Tue 29-Jan-13 19:35:20

Early scans are generally between 50-100 pounds. Hours are normally more convenient as well, evenings and weekends plus they will fit you in at short notice. I called today to see if I could bring mine forward and was immediately offered a choice of either tomorrow lunchtime or tomorrow evening after work. Even if bad news I think it's worth the money just to know as soon as you can and not let worry drag out for weeks, especially when you have had previous mc or mc's.

Jollyb Tue 29-Jan-13 19:40:46

redbird hope everything goes ok tomorrow and that you get the news you wish for. I had an early scan at 6+0 this pregnancy and was amazed how much you could see.

kerry glad all is settling for you.

mrs Hp when will you be testing this month?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now