Joint webchat with Conservative and Labour housing minister and shadow housing minister, MONDAY 2 MARCH 1pm x

Emmsy's ladies - 4 years of weebling - still going strong!

(996 Posts)
4everhopeful Mon 13-Aug-12 20:02:24

Here's to us ladies! Proud to be part of this - onwards and upwards..

Hey everyone,

Back at work today (boo) but it's Friday (yay!)

LBM so lovely to hear your DH was chilled out over the hols, long may it continue smile

4ever - eep! such fantastic news, keeping everything tightly crossed for nuchal fold scan xx

moon what a year you've had sad. Sometimes life just throws us a curve ball but jeez you have had more than your fair share of them. The work situation sounds dreadful, you are right to get away from it and I can see how the laptop dying was literally the last straw. So hope you can get some funding for IVF, it seems such a postcode lottery with all the restrictions. Man if ANYONE deserves a break in 2013 its you and your DH, keep the faith, change what you can, accept what you can't and stay united and strong xx

I meant to say in my last post that I received a lovely box of chocolates and DVD for the boys from Mumsnet HQ before Christmas having received an email from them in November to say I had been nominated by a fellow Mnetter as someone who had given support even though they were having a tough time. As this is the only thread I'm on, it must have been one of you so THANK YOU and I feel very humbled and honoured and am sharing all my choccies with you all as we all have our shite to deal with yet we all come here to support each other.

Long may it continue! wine thanks

Neeko Sat 05-Jan-13 07:53:34

Just a quick one from me to give Moon a hug. Really sorry for everything you are going through and truly hope it turns around for you.

Another yay for 4ever too.

Sorry. Not up to a long post. My skin thing is really bad. It's everywhere and sooo itchy. Docs now think it might be viral which means there's no treatment. Not sure how much longer I can cope.

Will be back when I'm less itchy. Love to all.

Rumours Sat 05-Jan-13 08:46:08

Hugs for moon and neeko

Oh neeko you must be going mad with the itching sad. I know you probably looked into it but is there any alternative holistic medicine you can take or cream you can use? It sounds so utterly awful. I know how I felt when I had my itchy lower back but to have it all over must be excrutiating sad.

Wish I could give you a link to a miracle cure xx

BuddhaBellyXmasBaubles Sun 06-Jan-13 13:03:54

Af has arrived hmm so unfortunately all your wishes of a Christmas baby for us are dashed I'm afraid hmm DH seems really gutted this cycle.
Neeko Hope you can sort your rash out soon, itching 24/7 is horrible confused

4everhopeful Sun 06-Jan-13 14:27:44

Oh buddha sad that is so crap I'm really sorry to hear that.. So unfair. Everything xd these tests shed some light on things...

Poor neeko too, sounds awful, could it be an allergy?

Hi to blue how lovely & deserving u are of the MN chocs! Wish I could take the credit, cos if I knew Mn did such a thing I would of, you are always there with kind words of wisdom for us all.. smile

Rumours how are you really doing at the moment? I've thought of you often since you said how much you've been struggling, and you've not said anything since? Did you get some support? How's DS2 assessment going too? Remember we're here for you fellow weeble..

xxxx

Rumours Thu 10-Jan-13 08:06:55

smile

Rumours Thu 10-Jan-13 08:08:15

Sorry 4ever will try and come back later for an update xx

4everhopeful Thu 10-Jan-13 13:14:36

Hey rumours smile whenever you're ready hon, just checking in that you're ok?!

My anxiety is peaking right now about nuchal scan tomorrow, all the worries about nuchal fold size after our 3rd baby, plus downs odds, and worrying if all its bits and pieces are present and correct where they should be, as well as is it even still ok?!?!? confused hmm Please god.... Been a bit achey & twingey so that adds to the paranoia, probably all a bit accentuated by the fact its 7yrs since lost my Ddad today... sad Dunno where the times gone... Subconciously adding to the downheartedness I'm sure... Roll on tomorrow... Its 4pm so as usual please send your positive thoughts our way... I'm convinced it helps! smile

Hey everyone smile

4ever sad at your DDad's anniversay. He will be looking down squeezing your hand for tomorrow. Will be sending every positive thought for a good nuchal scan and general check up xx

Rumours you have been quiet honey, hope all OK.

neeko hope your new skin spray is continue to work x

Benj started his ante-pre school this morning, a baby no more smile I enjoyed the silence, it was just me, my ironing and Ken Bruce on Radio 2 #oldfart

cupcakefairy Thu 10-Jan-13 19:32:10

Aah blue my lovely ds1 starts playgroup tomorrow, he'll be going 2 mornings a week..part of me can't wait, the other part is so sad that it's the end of his babyhood! sad how did B get on?

4ever I came on to give my hand and best wishes for tomorrow..I'm sure everything will be just fine my lovely. You've got a fighter in there!

blue Aw, lovely to hear that you enjoyed the peace smile It's funny - as DD2 goes to daycare all the time, we don't really have that starting nursery milestone. However the day she stops doing every poo in her pants could be that milestone for me. She's going to Grandmas for a holiday next wseek and Grandma is delighted about the poo - not

4ever Thinking about all 4 of you tomorrow - hoping for more good news. Sure the twinges are just twinges and you've had your nuchal fold bad luck already xxx Stay calm lady - let S distract you. Try some biscuit making and eating smile

Rumours Fri 11-Jan-13 12:20:26

Thinking of you 4ever

4everhopeful Fri 11-Jan-13 13:20:06

Thank you girlys... Love you all... I've been keeping busy but now everythings done and I'm at anxiety central... Mix between dementedly rocking & on my knees praying... confused

4everhopeful Fri 11-Jan-13 18:48:10

Hallelujah! Hallelujah! grin Baby is doing just fine!!! grin Everything where it should be and functioning well! Even heard its lovely strong heartbeat which was beautiful music to our ears! Nuchal fold small and downs odds low, thank god! grin Oh, and they moved me forward again am now 13w4d! grin

<whispers> also found something lovely out we didn't expect to find out so early... grin grin grin

As always thank you for the positive thoughts and prayers and well wishes, I just know it helps and means so so much to me... Love you all xxxx

SabsFabulous Fri 11-Jan-13 18:50:11

Yay gringringrin fab news smile

And what did you find out? Share! wink

Hope everyone else is well

BuddhaBellyXmasBaubles Fri 11-Jan-13 19:17:55

4ever Hope you are shaking off that sand out of your hair wink brilliant news, you didn't say on your text that you'd got other news smile Come on spill! smile

4ever is most firmly up the duff!! The most fantastic news ever - so so so pleased for you all honey.

Now, since she isn't telling, I think we need to guess on what else she found out - I'm guessing that she's shopping for blue babygro's ? what about anyone else?

And when is your due date? July sometime?

4everhopeful Fri 11-Jan-13 20:07:46

Ahhh! Tx you both back already sabs & buddha smile but won't leave you other lovelies hanging! Yes, very very shock when the lovely sonographer turned round at the end of the highly emotional scan, where Id double checked every detail with her(!) and cried like a baby with relief, and asked if we wanted to know what it was! Totally didn't expect to hear it, or even think we could find out so early shock but yes, apparently you can! Apparently the genitals are the same size at this many wks but a girls point down and a boys point up! smile

Obviously its not 100%, so DH initially didn't want to say anything to anyone, but agreed to tell our mums and his dad only for now... So we have our next scan forever away at 17wks, (confused thank god for rumours doppler! grin) and I will reveal all then! wink

4everhopeful Fri 11-Jan-13 20:13:27

Ha Ha grin x post Lbm!!! Ahh bless you my lovely! Thank you so much!

Must say its so very heartwarming and humbling how happy and excited everyone is for us! grin Very touching indeed... <wipes eye> smile

Yes edd went from 24th July to now 15th July! As i said to Sabs RESULT! grin

oh 4ever that's just FABULOUS news grin grin grin. If we all stood outside just now you could probably very quietly hear us all sighing with relief smile and eek! another pink one, just lovely. Summer will be absolutely over the moon smile and you can match them in their winter coats - too cute!

What great news to start the weekend.

Sabs hope you're keeping well too my lovely xx

Waves and wine to everyone else oh and Happy Birthday Barbie. We miss you! xx

4everhopeful Fri 11-Jan-13 20:36:53

Ahh thanks blue ! But, errrr, no revelations from us yet my lovely as i said in last post! smile In another 3&1/2 wks ill reveal all! wink

I was very quiet and think I heard your sigh of relief you sweet soul! grin

Massive Happy Birthday to Barbie too! grin

Rumours Fri 11-Jan-13 21:19:24

smile so so pleased for you 4ever smile

Loueytb3 Fri 11-Jan-13 22:32:15

Wooohoooo!!!!! 4ever's having a baybee gringringrin

I have been lurking for absolutely ages but I haven't posted cos I was worried about jinxing things. I know that sounds mad but I've posted before and then it has all gone wrong. So I'm really sorry for my prolonged absence but I am just so so pleased for you.

[I'm betting on a boy btw]

I can't promise to post lots as things are mad but when I get a chance I will try and do a proper catch up.

Big hugs and waves to all the other lovely emmsys xxxx

Doh! I mis-read your post in all the excitement 4ever I thought the her you were referring to was DD2 but it was the sonographer <slaps forehead>. Ooh now I'm thinking a boy, a wee Teddy bear of a boy smile

Hey louey <waves> how are your gorgeous boys? smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now