Emmsy's ladies - 4 years of weebling - still going strong!

(996 Posts)
4everhopeful Mon 13-Aug-12 20:02:24

Here's to us ladies! Proud to be part of this - onwards and upwards..

Spoiltexpatbrat Wed 05-Dec-12 13:00:21

ITs good news from 4ever ill let her update you

smile

BuddhaBellyXmasBaubles Wed 05-Dec-12 13:16:10

smile

BuddhaBellyXmasBaubles Wed 05-Dec-12 13:16:25

smile

BuddhaBellyXmasBaubles Wed 05-Dec-12 13:28:03

4ever text to say cant get on but as spoilt (will always be Barbie in my head) stated all ok, she's feeling "bloody thrilled" grin Next scan next Thursday smile grin

Spoiltexpatbrat Wed 05-Dec-12 13:43:50

I'm Barbie in my head too! Will name change back soon!

RumoursOfAWhiteChristmas Wed 05-Dec-12 15:44:50

grin yay 4ever

Neeko Thu 06-Dec-12 07:40:54

Great news 4ever. can't wait for details.

Clever, clever Rumours. So proud of you.!!

Singing Christmas songs loudly in Buddha's as a distraction technique.

Cupcake We're making tree decorations like stockings and stars with felt , glue and lots of sparkles. Love it!

LBM Hope the redundancies aren't as bad as feared and the costume is going well.

Barbie Another vote for your "real" name here.

Blue see you Thursday for coffee and Christmas carols!

Sabs hope you are keeping ok.

Lots of love to the lurkers.

4everhopeful Thu 06-Dec-12 11:11:44

Yay lovelies! grin Thank you so much for all your support as always, your texts and posts really help, just to know I've got so many positive thoughts coming my way.. smile

Just so bloody relieved and thrilled and shocked to see a little bean with a flickering heartbeat, was soooo crapping it beforehand, didnt dare to think of either outcome really... Have my little pic, and keep replaying it in my brain.. smile Also, it was measuring big, right at the end of the scale, which means, I'm pretty certain I ovulated early, therefore rather than being 7wk 1 day today, by my reckoning I'm 8 wks on sunday!! grin Gone forward a whole half a week! An actual eternity! grin So, one week at a time, next scan a week today.. As my lovely DDDDH said when the sonographer jokingly asked how long the reassurance from this scan would last, 'probaly til the weekend' confused which is about right! But, for now, I dare to hope a little bit, and at least I know, I do definitely have a little baby growing inside of me shock grin

4everhopeful Thu 06-Dec-12 11:16:07

OMG footsteps up the stairs, Summer has a habit of weeing in her potty then if I dont do it instantaneously, she carrys it all the way up the stairs to empty it in the toilet herself, closing the stairgate behind her! grin She barely makes a mess either! My independent little lady! grin

Another cute thing, is she keeps getting me a cushion whilst sitting on the sofa, saying 'lie down mummy' and then covering me with the throw 'there all cosy' grin <melt> Its like she knows, and is helping me take it easy bless her gorgeous bum!

Hey All <waves> smile B's sleeping off a wee bout of winter vomiting (not been sick today, 5 times at grannies/during the night last night). He was in our bed with DH and I was literally curled up in his toddler bed, feel like I need stretched on a medieval rack today grin

Anyway, down to business.

4ever know we've text talked but just to say how delighted and relieved we all are and that is such good news that bean is looking big for dates, half a week on such a big deal at the this stage. Another long baby like Summer? Still squeezing your hand, one week at a time xx

How sweet is Summer? My B does that with his potty, not up the stairs mind grin

Rumours - HUGE congratulations on your 2:1, that's just awesome. Made even more so by the fact you did it part-time, in your own time while running a house and caring for the boys. So utterly proud of you thanks. So what now? Captain of Industry beckons me thinks grin

neeko - did you mean Tuesday not Thursday?? Can't wait for our festive chats over a nice hot brew. grin at your forgetting M's swimsuit, I forgot DS1's towel the other week, luckily another Mum had a spare <phew>

Buddha so... 2ww, sending baby xmas glitter dust your way x

LBM - not nice having redundancies around you, especially at this time of year. Have you had your school xmas fayre yet? Our playgroup one's on Sat. and I'm on the lucky dip and balloon stall grin

Barbie - loving your FB photos of your amazingly cool tree. What are you doing for Xmas?

cupcake I so envy your crafty skills. Do you have a 'my first Xmas' outfit for DS2?

Took my DMum Christmas shopping on Tuesday and had a fab afternoon wafting about John Lewis smile. Bought her a lovely necklace, for her Xmas but also a thank you for all her support these past few months. My Mum is and has always been a total rock to me and rose to the occassion yet again when she stuck up for me in September (to the Head Teacher -"my daughter has been brought up to be decent and fair and nothing about this is decent or fair"). My DH said she had them looking down shamefaced. We had a long chat about all things past and she reminded me that good always triumphs and look what came out of it all, a gorgeous new house and better school for my boys.

Our tree is going up this weekend, so so excited. We need a 7ft one for the new bay window - eep!

Love to all xx

blue Christmas fair done and was really lovely. We made more than before and I had loads of help from my DD1's class parents, so our stalls were really good. Getting our tree tomorrow and then decorating the house on Sunday - sooooo excited. Living nativity in the next village tomorrow afternoon too - Christmas is coming!!

4ever already text - get your head back in the sand girly. We need to arrange a meet up for the new year, when you have a bit more enegery. Summer sounds like a proper PFB - all cosy indeed!! And I second cupcake - had a loevly hour this pm making christmas biscuits with BB

cupcake am now googling what you are making as I need new ideas!!

ohsoceleversumours Congratulations - that is so much more impresive than my 2:1 as i didn't had kids of any type, not to mention especially demanding kids or a house or a HD or anything. Well done - I would bow down, if I wasn't so far away!!

Have a lovely weekend all -love to you all , especially the lovely spoilt - so nice to see you back.

BuddhaBellyXmasBaubles Sat 08-Dec-12 19:47:29

Blue Hope B is feeling better? Tree looking fabulous on FB smile
4ever still smiling? grin
lbm Glad the fayre went well. Living nativity sounds interesting?

Well decs are up, Christmas has definitely landed at our house grin So much more exciting this year as E "gets it" His excitement is so infectious grin

I know I'm going to get slam dunked next weekend when af arrives. I think, well I know that I'd set another target in my head after I failed the last one of being pg before my 40th in June, I kept thinking its ok I'll be pg by Christmas and here we are not pg and last cycle of the year confused But it does mean once af is here I can enjoy my Christmas party and a few cheeky glasses over the festive period grin That's my positive spin (I'm trying) wink

SabsFabulous Sat 08-Dec-12 20:10:29

Buddha hugs for you, will keep everything crossed for you anyway

4ever we've texted but such good news about your scan. Fingers crossed for the same good news for the next 32 weeks

Sorry for lack of personals but posting from phone

So a bit of drama this morning in the Sabs household. Woke up this morning to lots of fresh red blood. Cue frantic calling out to DH and non-stop crying worrying that it was all happening again sad

Rang EPAU but they're not open on weekend so got told to go to A&E. Had to wait a long time to be examined, while starting to get cramps (absolutely hate internals but it some through gritted teeth) Cervix looked closed and bloods looked fine but they said they couldn't do a scan as they don't do scans on weekends. Begged For an even remote chance to be seen and thankfully they said they could open up EPaU for a quick scan. And lo and behold baby was bouncing around! Such relief which brought the tears out all over again.

Have my scan scheduled for Tuesday anyway but have been told to go in to A&E if bleeding or cramps get worse. Been resting at home ever since. Still bleeding and getting cramps but still the same as before so hopefully it will get lighter and worse

Thanks again as ever to Barbie for her hand holding and hope I haven't scared you 4ever

SabsFabulous Sat 08-Dec-12 20:15:15

Rumours Huuuuge congrats on your 2.1 (I have one too! smile) and with everything you have going on too.

Neeko and Blue jealous of your meet-up, whatever say you're meeting grin

BuddhaBellyXmasBaubles Sat 08-Dec-12 22:17:45

Sabs Everything crossed for you, what an awful day full of worry but great that bean was bouncing away on the scan. Phew! Lets hope that's the last scare you get

RumoursOfAWhiteChristmas Sun 09-Dec-12 08:44:06

sabs hope you're ok and have ha no more bleeding, here's my hand lovely.

buddha fingers crossed af stays away, you never know xx

4everhopeful Mon 10-Dec-12 12:55:35

Sabs know we tx but squeezing your hand after a scary time of it, hope the bleeding has stopped & you managed to get signed off for a week or so? Will be continuing the hand squeezing til you've had your proper scan tomorrow & they've hopefully alleviated any concerns.. smile

Buddha I so hope you get your dream Christmas wish come true.. Hopefully Santa is reading our thread! smile Did you get everything Christmas sorted during your week off?

Blue wow 7ft tree sounds mightily impressive! grin Have you truly christened your new house with Christmas? All new traditions to make, lovely.. Hope poor B (& you) have recovered from that horrid sick bug now?

Talking all things Christmas, Lbm yours always sounds like a scene straight out of 'Kirsties homemade vintage Christmas!' grin All arts & craft, organic & homemade baking! How do you find the time?! And, yes, must get together next yr!

Rumours hope you've been celebrating hard you clever lady! Blue summed it up, its all the more meaningful that you achieved this with all that you already achieve on a daily basis... When's the graduation party? grin

Barbie hope all is well with you and yours? When you back to Blighty for your family festivities?

Neeko you're quite lovely.. Bet your girls, work & life in general keeping you busy?!

Cupcake is your Dh busy cooking up a storm of delectable Christmas delights in the kitchen? Surely the diet will be on hold over the festive season?! wink

Well my head is deeply in the sand, but its not stopping the weebling! confused I ventured out on Friday, we took Summer to see Father Christmas but she was not at all impressed, dived into my neck & sobbed her eyes out, poor baby! confused Went to a couple shops afterwards which absolutely drained me and left me worrying Id overdone it confused

Its very hard, I'm scared to breath wrong at the moment, I just want to lay completely still & quiet, wrap up in cotton wool and bubble wrap & meditate, hmm
of course that's not possible, so I'm permanently in a state of anxiety I'm not overdoing it... Its cos I'm now at the 8wk mark, and 4 of my 6 lost angels never made it to wk 9, soooooo, its a tense time... Counting seconds til Thursdays scan... By my dates Ill be 8w4d, by official dates, 8w1d, so, we shall see.... confused

4everhopeful Mon 10-Dec-12 12:59:39

grin Neeko you are quite lovely, grin but I did actually mean you are quiet lovely!!! hmm grin

RumoursOfAWhiteChristmas Mon 10-Dec-12 13:31:09

<runs in with armfuls of cottonwool and bubble wrap for 4ever>

Quick pop in to see how sabs is doing

<stands back and admires how festive and snowmany 4ever looks in her cottonbubblewoolwrap>

wink

4ever I have to admit that I did think I was Kirstie Also last night as I sat threading the homemade salt dough decorations to put onto the tree. And they do look lovely. However, I'm sure that Kirstie never took 3 years to get them onto the tree - we made the dough, cut and backed them in 2010, last year we managed to paint them and this year they got onto the tree. This year, I want to make some felt robins for the tree -I have a feeling that it might be a year or two before they are finished!! Ah and one word of warning for anyone who wants to make salt dough decorations -they are lovely and very easy but make sure you bake them well. BB came home with a massive star from nursery last year which went onto the tree and we stored away for the year. It was a lovely surprise when we found it all mouldy in the decoration box this year grin

Oh and BB also was petrified of santa when she met him and would not go anywhere near him. However when she went into the next room to meet peppa pig - completly different story, hugs alll round!! However since then we have been reading all the christmas books and i think she might be ok now.

Hoping sabs is ok.

Love to all

cupcakefairy Tue 11-Dec-12 08:52:57

Big hand holds for sabs today.
4ever I'm sure you haven't overdone it lovely. <brings more cotton wool> praying you get more good news on thurs, and the week after so u can have a lovely Christmas smile yep, there us way too much yummy food in the house! After this week diet is off until the new year! I've now lost 23lbs.. 7 to go!
lbm your Christmas does sound amazing.. I looove kirstie. After her Xmas show last yr I really wanted to make her heart garland and it took me until this Xmas to finish it smile it's now on our stairs looking pretty though.. I also made the marshmallow snowmen with ds1 yesterday & it was so lovely! They look super cute & he keeps talking about giving them to his friends.

We had a bit of a down day yesterday though with a big regression in toilet training..he's been perfect for weeks not a single accident then suddenly loads yesterday sad including one while we were visiting the playgroup he starts at in Jan & is meant to be traibed for!! So frustrating. I think it's to do with ds2 crawling now & taking loads of my attention, plus ds1 is not happy at all about him being able to reah his toys now! Anyway..working on lots of positive praise to hopefully curb it!

Right must have breakfast, love to all x

BuddhaBellyXmasBaubles Tue 11-Dec-12 15:24:09

Lurking for news from Sabs

AF has arrived 5 days early hmm so didn't make that stupid target I put in my head to be pg before Xmas confused feel really pissed off about it today. But tomorrow is another day x

SabsFabulous Tue 11-Dec-12 16:04:14

Buddha sorry to hear that TEW got you sad I have everything crossed for this month

Cupcake Hope yesterday was a one-off and that DS1 is back to his usual good self today

lbm Saara also refused to go to Santa last year when he visited her preschool last year. I'm not too sure what they do at her school nursery but she recognises him in ads etc (I sound like I'm talking about a real person here! hmm grin

I love hearing about everyone's Xmas traditions and tree and loving everyone's photos on fb. We don't celebrate Christmas at home but get involved at work/school, and love all the Xmas movies on TV at this time of the year smile.

Thanks for everyone's wishes and handholding. Spent 2 hours at the hospital going from midwife to scan to midwife to blood test. But a relief that all looks well. Due date has been brought forward to June 23rd which makes me 12+2.

Will have to have consultant led care, due to all the complications with Saara's birth (37 hour labour, big baby, all manners of pain relief and induction, failure to progress, emergency c-section, postpartum haemmorage (sp?), blood transfusion) so they are recommending an elective c-section, especially if the growth scans show that the baby might be big (the scans were pretty accurate with Saara, yet I still tried with a vaginal birth) but I don't need to decide yet.

My blood pressure was also showing quite high so I may need to go on aspirin to thin the blood.

Next appointment and scan is on 6th Feb but will have to go to the GP at 16 weeks.

Bleeding has finally stopped but I'm working from home this week to try and take it easy.

budhha don't be too hard on yourself. You could of course still hit that target - you just won't know untill the new year grin Got to be worth a try, during the festivities wink

RumoursOfAWhiteChristmas Wed 12-Dec-12 07:59:51

Yes buddha listen to lbm a Christmas conceived baby!

sabs so pleased the bleeding has stopped and you had a good scan, 12+3 now smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now