Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Tonsillitis and sulphur farts?

(3 Posts)
DextersMistress Fri 24-Jun-16 19:50:45

Had ds(3) at the doctors today with a high temp, cold symptoms etc. Was told it's his tonsils and given antibiotics. He's now snoring next to me and is passing the most foul smelling rotten egg wind. I can't find a connection on Google, does anyone have any insight?

Also, his temperature is 39 after having ibuprofen under an hour ago, when can I give paracetamol? Thanks.

DextersMistress Fri 24-Jun-16 20:11:23

Anyone please?

TheCrumpettyTree Fri 24-Jun-16 22:42:51

You can give paracetamol anytime as it's a different medicine from ibuprofen. As long as you don't give more than four doses in 24 hours.

The farts I have no idea. Antibiotics can give you diarrhoea though so maybe they're having an effect.

You don't always need to give medicine for a temperature, now days they recommend giving it for pain and being unsettled and letting the temperature do its job. Although if he's got poorly tonsils he probably is sore.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now