Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Diarrhoea in a 2 year old

(7 Posts)
Kitty699 Tue 17-May-16 21:03:29

My grandaughter has had diarrhoea most of her two years..tried a diet check ie dairy.no joy. She had a sees of blood tests for intolerances all came back clear. We are flummoxed and worried. Help ?

Kitty699 Tue 17-May-16 21:06:18

I know mum's net isn't a medical site but we've tried our go. .just wondered if anyone else has had the same thing.

Msqueen33 Tue 17-May-16 21:18:13

Has she been checked for coeliac? My dd was like this and her bloods came back positive. Some blood tests will be negative but they can do a biopsy.

Kitty699 Wed 18-May-16 06:59:35

Msqueen33 yes the tests covered a wide spectrum including coeliac..what would a biopsy do?

dementedpixie Thu 19-May-16 17:24:42

Could be just 'toddler diarrhoea' which they grow out of. I think it's advised to increase fat and lower fibre to help. Also avoid fruit juices

Msqueen33 Thu 19-May-16 17:32:13

They'd see if there was damage to the gut. It wouldn't be pleasant though. Thankfully my two it showed in just blood tests.

CurlsLDN Thu 19-May-16 17:44:17

My ds has this, it's been put down to toddler diarrhoea. He grows and gains weight well, and it doesn't bother him, so it doesn't bother me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now