Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Scarlet Fever

(12 Posts)
Shallowstreams Fri 13-May-16 15:20:42

Has been at my baby's nursery and she was playing with one of the babies that now has it - and playing at that ages means sharing sucking of toys. She is 11 months old. What do you think the chances are that she will get it? Tell me it's not 100%.......

ipsogenix Fri 13-May-16 19:28:05

Watch out for a temperature of 38+ that doesn't come down below 38 with calpol. If you see that go straight to GP and explain. You should be given antibiotics and miss all the nasty part.

Shallowstreams Fri 13-May-16 19:43:14

I will do but apparently the girl that has it had no temperature, just straight into a rash. Maybe it's because they're so young.

fraggle84 Fri 13-May-16 20:13:44

Ds has it who is 4. It's really uncommon in under 2s so I wouldn't worry

Shallowstreams Fri 13-May-16 20:40:36

Yeah I read that Fraggle but the other baby was 11 months too which made me worry! Fingers crossed

fraggle84 Fri 13-May-16 21:12:28

How long ago did they play together? Takes 1-7 days to show symptoms

Fishcake72 Fri 13-May-16 21:15:05

It's been round the nursery where my chum's two children are and neither of them have caught it.

Shallowstreams Fri 13-May-16 21:19:09

All week - found out today as she's off nursery. So who knows could get ill tomorrow or next week.

Thanks fishcake gives me hope!

BikeRunSki Fri 13-May-16 21:26:37

It went round my DD's nursery and DS's school just before Easter. Dd(4) got it, but was right as rain after 48 hr of antibiotics.

Shallowstreams Fri 13-May-16 21:38:12

Ah thanks. My worry is we're off to Sweden to visit my DH's parents on Monday......they've not even met her yet (another story)

Luckymummy22 Sat 14-May-16 14:33:19

This has been doing the rounds of my kids nursery. I thought my boy may have been getting it a couple of weeks ago as he had a really high fever. But wasn't that. So far both my kids have escaped it. Youngest has escaped chickenpox too (eldest had it) I hope your little one doesn't get it. My boy seems to pick up everything else but not this thankfully. x

Shallowstreams Sat 14-May-16 15:35:01

Apparently some people are just immune to it so hoping she's one of them!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now