Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Toddler vomiting but only in bed

(8 Posts)
Lizzwarwick Mon 11-May-15 17:22:23

For the last few weeks my 19 month old has been vomiting, but only when he's in bed. It's not every night, maybe every other the. Nothing for a week, then bang there it is! We don't do CIO or CC so he's always calm in his cot.

We just don't know what to do. I took him to the docs a few weeks ago who said it was him getting over the gastro, but it's still going on, I'm having to change the sheets 3 times a night and last nit poor kid had to have a bath because it was I his hair ��

Gileswithachainsaw Mon 11-May-15 17:26:29

Does he drink any milk before bed?

I'd cut that of and make sure he's going to bed at least an hour and a half/2 hours after eating.

going to bed on a full to machine cam he uncomfortable

Gileswithachainsaw Mon 11-May-15 17:26:42

full stomach

Tinydancermum Mon 11-May-15 17:30:47

He doesn't have milk before bed.
I thought it might be eating too much, but yesterday he hardly ate anything and was still sick twice

yellowsnownoteatwillyou Mon 11-May-15 17:34:32

Have you tried a couple of books under the head end of his bed. Could be an acid reflux thing?

Tinydancermum Mon 11-May-15 17:36:37

That's a good idea, we used to when he was younger, but stopped. Maybe we will gove that a try tonight. Thanks

SolomanDaisy Mon 11-May-15 17:38:01

Does he have a cough or cold? My DS used to vomit from the mucous, mostly in bed.

MisForMumNotMaid Mon 11-May-15 17:41:13

Any hayfever type symptoms can be worse at night and mucus build up can then cause sickness.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now