Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Toddler swallowed bath water which I had just rinsed not lotion out in her hair

(7 Posts)
kirdy Sat 16-Aug-14 16:33:30

As title my 21 month old was in the bath just popped her in to rinse out the bit lotion I had put in her hair (can't use shower as she is terrified if it!) I put her in washed it out then was about to get her straight out and she had a little cup and took a sip of the water should I be worried this could harm her it was a tiny tiny sip but I'm kind of worries now she is fine in herself x

MuscatBouschet Sat 16-Aug-14 16:50:21

She'll live. And do far more dangerous things in the next year or two!

Lol, my children drink gallons of soapy dirty water that they most likely also peed in. They're still all alive!

gamerchick Sat 16-Aug-14 16:55:47

she'll be fine. In a couple of years you will chuckle at this one after all the other things she'll get up to.

kirdy Sat 16-Aug-14 16:57:38

Lol I wouldn't normally worry but just had a freak out moment! Sometimes I panic a bit much! Thank you all xx

Waltons Sat 16-Aug-14 17:01:20

Head lice treatments usually contain ingredients that are otherwise found in products like conditioner - stuff that makes the hair slippery so you can comb the nits out and they can't cling on as easily.

She'll be fine.

moldingsunbeams Sat 16-Aug-14 22:51:46

She will be fine I promise, dd has drunk gallons over the years.
I also ate bubble baths foam while pregnant.blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now