Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Puss filled spot on nappy rash. Advice please....

(4 Posts)
Sarahlouiseis33 Thu 28-Nov-13 17:24:02

My 2 1/2 year old son has just finished 5 days worth of antibiotics for a suspected urine infection. His bottom has been red raw with what I assumed was nappy rash, now a puss filled spot has appeared on his nappy area.
Anyone else experienced this? I have been cleaning with cotton wool and water instead of wipes and using sudocream.
Thanks in advance!!

Sarahlouiseis33 Thu 28-Nov-13 18:13:29

Anyone.....

pudseypie Thu 28-Nov-13 20:14:45

If the spots have little whiteheads on them it could be a fungal infection. Ask the pharmacist. You can buy anti fungal cream over the counter its about £3.50. Think it's called clomitrazole or something similar
My ds had it a couple of months ago.

Sarahlouiseis33 Thu 28-Nov-13 22:01:52

Thanks pudseypie, just been into see the pharmacist at boots and that's exactly what she said. She recommended the clomitrazole cream and I put some on before he went to bed. Hopefully it will do the trick. It's so sore for him when I change his nappy, bless him.

Thanks again x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now