Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Prescribed steroids for DS's chesty cough - don't want to give them to him. Please give me some advice!

(56 Posts)
mylittlepuds Tue 26-Feb-13 09:53:12

I normally just glance over side effects on the info leaflet and think 'hey ho' needs must.

But my God the side effects of these steroids - Prednisolone - seem extreme and I'm very nervous about giving them to DS.

It's been well over two weeks though and he still has the wheezy 'loose' chest. No temp of anything though - absolutely his normal self.

Help!

Lifeisontheup Wed 27-Feb-13 19:32:45

My two DS's had lots of short sharp bursts of steroids(prednislone) for viral induced wheeze as youngsters. They are now 6ft + teenagers and haven't been to the doctors in years. They are disgustingly healthy!

mylittlepuds Thu 28-Feb-13 14:36:34

Goodness me! Wheeze gone! Bloody hell!

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mylittlepuds Thu 28-Feb-13 17:56:42

I was tempted to stop it BTP. But shall plug on smile

ChablisLover Thu 28-Feb-13 17:59:44

Glad to hear your son is on the mend op

SunflowersSmile Thu 28-Feb-13 19:29:13

Both my sons had steroids for different reasons- short courses.
No obvious side affects apart from problems cured.
With my frighteningly wheezy one the immediate relief countered the fear of side affects.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now