Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns about your child, we would urge you to consult your GP.

DS still asleep, what to do?

(949 Posts)

DS is 15 months, been generally a bit grumpy for a week. Last night he was especially grumpy so calpol'ed him at put him to bed, he had a slight temperature. He hasnt woken since.

Waiting for an "urgent" call from GP nurse which will be this afternoon or possibly this evening.

Nothing specific, slight temp, was occasionally pulling at ears, decreased appetite. But he's completely un rousable, changed nappy with DD1 and 2 in the room jumping about and he just slept. He obviously is responsive because I've got a few oz of water into him and nurophen in him. But I cant wake him any more than that. So he's been asleep for 17 hours looks poorly but not collapsed. Occasional small cry but by the time I've got to his door he's asleep again.

So MNers should I call the GPs again, NHS direct or am I just wittling about nothing and let him sleep it off. DD2 has complex medical needs and I'm always on the ball with her getting her seen as appropriate. But a normal "abit unwell and sleeping child" has completely thrown me.

heronsfly Sat 19-Jan-13 19:17:36

I hope your baby is well on the way to recovery x

DollySisterMadeNoResolutions Sat 19-Jan-13 20:54:18

Been thinking of you and your ds a lot Clutching. Hope he's been moved onto the ward and continues to steadily improve. X

5madthings Sat 19-Jan-13 20:55:06

Still thinking if you and hope D's is recovering well xcx

PickledApples Sun 20-Jan-13 17:22:16

Sending well wishes and prayers that you had a good weekend x

tempnameswap Mon 21-Jan-13 08:12:49

Thinking of you all and hoping that you are ok x

Jules146 Mon 21-Jan-13 08:31:54

Hoping the snow hasn't stopped/hindered hospital visits xx

bonnieslilsister Mon 21-Jan-13 09:45:12

Hoping you and mini clutching are doing well thanks

I hope things are going okay x

loopylou6 Mon 21-Jan-13 14:35:47

Just read this, I hope all is well x

skiesmylimit Mon 21-Jan-13 19:03:00

Hope all is well OP, thoughts are with you and your DS.

thegreylady Mon 21-Jan-13 23:29:02

Thinking of you every day and hoping no news is good news

pinkbraces Tue 22-Jan-13 10:04:09

Hope all is well and your little one is on the mend

Hoping your LO and all your family are doing well. xx

OcotoAlert Tue 22-Jan-13 17:13:49

OP posted on a product thread on 16th - so am hoping no news is good news as thegreylady said - and she's just trundling on and hopefully busy with a more active and improving DS smile

thegreylady Tue 22-Jan-13 18:54:52

thank you for that OcotoAlert I will stop mithering now.It just seemed so awful at the time-3 little chicken pox spots and a comatose child sad

Pinot Tue 22-Jan-13 19:02:27

I do hope this wasn't a trolly thread.

snowflakehellokitty Tue 22-Jan-13 19:02:44

thinking of you xxx

thegreylady Tue 22-Jan-13 19:11:58

Pinot of course it wasn't look at op's profile.

MOSagain Tue 22-Jan-13 19:14:32

No, very much a real thread. The lovely woolly huggers have sent her DS a lovely blanket in hospital. They are not easily fooled! Hope he is doing ok clutching have been thinking of him a lot as DD and DS have just recovered from CP x

Pinot Tue 22-Jan-13 19:20:37

MOS good point! smile

OcotoAlert Tue 22-Jan-13 19:29:00

Not at all greylady - I feel like the mithering one for searching clutching's posts to see if she was around blush
Any which way, clutching you're in our thoughts thanks

5madthings Tue 22-Jan-13 19:35:22

Still thinking of you all and hoping ds is recovering well xxx

MOSagain Tue 22-Jan-13 19:51:16

They are very wise women. When they are not on the gin wink

Birnamwood Tue 22-Jan-13 22:05:28

Definitely NOT a bridge dwellers thread smile

GreenEggsAndNichts Tue 22-Jan-13 23:08:43

Woolly huggers! I love that name, and that's a lovely gesture.

I'm still checking back with this thread from time to time. I hope no news is good news.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now