Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

poorly DD wont eat or drink only bf.

(5 Posts)

thanks! those were the answers i hoped i'd hear smile

N0tinmylife Thu 06-Dec-12 14:21:41

I agree with the others, I think young children are brilliant at knowing what they need. I would keep offering her food and drinks but if she doesn't want it just carry on as you are.

Sirzy Thu 06-Dec-12 14:19:21

As long as she is getting the fluids don't worry smile

Indith Thu 06-Dec-12 14:18:14

Just feed her, she knows best smile. When she is hungry for food again she will let you know. When they are little like this it can be like starting weaning all over again when they get poorly.

DD (10 months) has chicken pox, ear infection and a rotton cold. She hasn't eaten or drunk for 4 days, only bf. She is bf lots more than normal.I am offering meals and snacks as usual but eventually she cries and screams so i bf her. She's also bf in the night 3-4 times (usually 1-2).
I'm worried this will become a habbit (she cries so I take away food and bf). I'm also worried whether at 10 months she gets enough from bf alone.
Any advice?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now