Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

chicken pox question ... 8 week old baby immune?

(7 Posts)
SixtyFootDoll Wed 14-Nov-12 17:12:51

No my son had it at 8 weeks, was awful. Caught it from his big brother.

Inmyopinion1 Wed 14-Nov-12 17:11:24

He won't be immune.

LylaLils Wed 14-Nov-12 15:17:20

Thanks all for your replies. Much appreciated. I'll be keeping him away from poorly niece then!

LightningSteveMcQueen Sun 11-Nov-12 20:31:36

I think not, I had it at 36 weeks pg and my baby then had it when she was 11 months old.

TattyCatty Sun 11-Nov-12 20:27:56

Most likely not. A good friend of mine contracted Chicken Pox at around 35 weeks pregnant, and her DS went on to have it, although not at such a young age. Best to take the usual precautions, although if your niece has now come out in spots she would have been infectious already for quite some time, so may be too late. Fingers crossed that he is fine!

digerd Sun 11-Nov-12 20:22:01

Only a blood test could tell if he has the antibodies. I wouldn't risk assuming he has.

LylaLils Sun 11-Nov-12 19:18:50

Hello,

I had chicken pox when I was 29 weeks pregnant with my LO. every thing was fine though thank goodness. He is now 8 wks old. my niece now has chicken pox. Is my baby immune? X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now