Christening gift? Book?

(8 Posts)
Clickityclack Wed 30-Oct-13 15:12:11

It's my cousins christening next week and I really would love to give her a book. Does anyone have any ideas of a good book?

I like the idea of giving oh the places you'll go by dr suess but think that seems like a bit of a crappy present tbh.

I would like something with meaning and that she can grow up with, but not a bible as I am sure she is already receiving 2.

Thanks!

AndHarry Wed 30-Oct-13 19:59:45

Does she have a name from literature? E.g. A baby I know is called Ariel and a family friend sent her a beautiful illustrated copy of The Tempest.

I've given beautifully bound/illustrated copies of Winnie The Pooh and Peter Rabbit before, i.e. classic children's literature with a message written in the front. I like to think it will be kept forever grin

Clickityclack Wed 30-Oct-13 20:46:14

Oooo I do like the idea of a classic. I'm off to see what I can find.
Any more ideas would be great though!

Opheliabumps Wed 30-Oct-13 20:51:57

Yes a nice edition of a classic, recently I've done:
Thomas The Tank Engine
The Wombles
Paddington
Winnie The Pooh

We got Thomas, Paddington, Gruffalo's child, so think modern classics too.

The book people set of Beatrix Potters is a lovely christening gift too.

dogindisguise Thu 31-Oct-13 21:38:01

I think a treasury is quite a nice idea - for example The Alfie Treasury, Paddington Treasury. Although perhaps not as robust as board books.

Periwinkle007 Sat 02-Nov-13 19:32:47

a children's encyclopaedia is what I normally go for but this is a lovely book which I keep giving for presents.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Poems-Young-Children-Belinda-Gallagher/dp/1848103212

shop around though - Book Depository had it at £6.99 recently I think.

Periwinkle007 Sat 02-Nov-13 19:39:28

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now