World Book Day - make your own or buy a costume??

(7 Posts)

Kids can't get involved in creating if costumes are bought. We'll be making our own.

ctaylorVL Mon 14-Jan-13 17:26:28

School really, really, really don't want to put parents to the expense of buying stuff. - too true @BackforGood

BackforGood Mon 14-Jan-13 16:59:49

School really, really, really don't want to put parents to the expense of buying stuff.

Just look at what they have in the wardrobe or dressing up box, then find a book character to match.
There are so many great books that involve normal children in normal clothes you know wink

badtemperedaldbitch Mon 14-Jan-13 15:25:00

We always go mad on the costumes, mainly because dd loves dressing up.

We like homemade, but I enjoy making them too!

ctaylorVL Mon 14-Jan-13 15:22:26

Don't fret too much Clara, it's in March! But still... smile

Liking your ideas. Maybe it's a good thing we've got plenty of characters who wear plenty of 'normal' clothes to choose from.

Also like how you've found a use for those redundant 3D glasses we have to get everytime there's a 3D film out!

ClaraOswinOswald Mon 14-Jan-13 14:17:17

Oh no, it is nearly World Book Day again already?

I tend to look at what we already have and base costumes around that tbh. Fake fur coat- Lucy from The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, striped top and 3D glasses with the lenses popped out, Where's Wally? That kind of thing.

Also, I'm a firm believer in if it's a film or a sport, there's bound to be a book.
That way kids can wear what they want.
smile

ctaylorVL Mon 14-Jan-13 14:00:07

Hey all. First post so do be nice! smile

With World Book Day coming up, and all the kids/schools getting involved, just wondering what everyone's doing for costumes?

Seems to me you can either go the DIY way - a good blog here: www.netmums.com/activities/fun-at-home/reading-together/world-book-day-dressing-up-ideas - which is also cheap, or buy a costume. A2Z-kids seems to have a good selection but can't be sure how long a costume will last after the main event!

What's everyone doing?

Chris

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now