FTM..I think I'm in labour.. Help!

(18 Posts)
EllaJayne123 Fri 22-Aug-14 23:56:12

Hi, 40+11 today and waters broke midnight last night so nearly 24 hrs ago. Straight away had painful contractions 2 mins apart, went to hospital and they stopped.. Had them all day today varying between 3 and 20 mins apart and now are around 15 mins apart. I've got quite a high pain threshold but they are really painful. It's been going on 24 hrs and each one has me doubled over or on all fours having to breathe through the pain.. I've got to go in to be induced at 8am anyway but I don't no how I'm gunma last the night.. I've tried bath, paracetamol and hot water bottle and nothing's taking the edge of..
So I have a few questions! Is it supposed to hurt this much when they are not regular or am I just a wuss? Anything else I can do to ease the pain? My hospital says need to be 5 mins apart for an hour to go in so is there any point calling?
Thanks sorry if this is babbled I haven't slept for a long time !!

I believe that they like to monitor you for signs of infection if your waters broke 24+ hours ago (in my trust they do anyway). It might be worth ringing to see if you can goin on those grounds and ask for some painkillers when you get there. Good luck OP and congratulations!

HeartShapedBox Sat 23-Aug-14 00:08:05

yes, contractions hurt like buggery, you're not a wuss!

do you have a birthing ball/gym ball? that'll help lessen the pain slightly...

I'd call the hospital back, my second (of three) Labour only lasted 20 mins from first twinge to baby in my arms grin

good luck! xx

Tipsykisses Sat 23-Aug-14 00:22:40

Hi Ella , it wouldn't hurt to ring and ask advice ( or get birthing partner to ring)
Explain that at times they are every 3 min and that you are exhausted and pain is now unbearable , also ask them about its being 24 hours since your waters went .
You may be very dilated by now and things can progress very quickly .
Good luck
Hope you can update & let us know ! X

HeartShapedBox Sat 23-Aug-14 03:28:58

I'm hoping the lack of op means she's in hospital giving it her all & delivering her lovely baby safe & sound smile

Friedbrain Sat 23-Aug-14 04:09:08

Is there a baby yet! smile

Tipsykisses Sat 23-Aug-14 06:23:46

Hope you are ok and baby is snuggled up in your arms !
Will keep checking in to see if there's any update smile

weeonion Sat 23-Aug-14 07:16:57

Watching and waiting for news!!!

Tipsykisses Sat 23-Aug-14 18:44:05

Still checking in for baby news smilex

EllaJayne123 Sun 24-Aug-14 07:16:25

Hi guys. My beautkful little girl was born last night at 8.15 weighing 8lb 6oz! Was an emcs in the end but am just happy she's here safe and sound smile

3pigsinblanketsandasausagerole Sun 24-Aug-14 07:17:52

Congratulations op
Does she have a name yet?

Monkeyandanimal Sun 24-Aug-14 07:18:58

Congratulations! Enjoy! x

Tipsykisses Sun 24-Aug-14 09:09:02

Congratulations !!
Bet she's gorgeous !
Thanks for updating op you must be shattered x

HeartShapedBox Sun 24-Aug-14 16:10:30

congratulations! smile

EllaJayne123 Mon 25-Aug-14 00:39:30

Thank you, No name yet..she's So beautiful I'm in love!!

Blondieminx Mon 25-Aug-14 00:52:23

Awwwh congratulations!

That's a very good weight, no wonder those contractions were so painful.

You must be shattered after 2 days of labour and then major abdominal surgery. Insist your iron levels are checked prior to being sent home...and when you get there stay in your PJ's to remind people you are recuperating! Wishing you a speedy recovery.

EllaJayne123 Mon 25-Aug-14 12:21:50

Thank you! Yeah it was, they have since given me 3 blood transfusions so feel better slightly after that

passmethewineplease Mon 25-Aug-14 12:26:06

Congrats OP!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now