First period after having baby

(10 Posts)
blondebaby111 Fri 04-Apr-14 08:05:15

My period returned six weeks after having my lovely baby but it was very light and then 4 weeks later I've come on again. It's horrendous is all I can say, very heavy and painful, just generally awful and not like normal , is this normal after a baby. I'm only asking as my fiancé just mentioned 'it's not a miscarriage is it' and now it's got me thinking!!! Xx

tsw Fri 04-Apr-14 12:26:32

Totally normal. I was putting 2 pads on at once for much of mine.

Superarchie Fri 04-Apr-14 17:37:39

Sounds normal - it's horrid. Totally exhausting. I hope you can get some rest, and try some iron supplements.

blondebaby111 Fri 04-Apr-14 18:20:26

Thanx ladies, already got some iron pills in cupboard as I was anaemic once and used to take them before I was pregnant now and again xx

Cinnamon2013 Fri 04-Apr-14 18:22:41

Awful here too! I just had my second, slightly better but still much heavier than normal. Hopefully will ease up soon

PinkParsnips Fri 04-Apr-14 18:27:50

Yes its normal (as I now know!)

My first period started on Sun (dd is 4 months old) and it was horrendous. For the first 3 days I was going through a superplus tampon with a superplus pad on as well every 45mins to an hour. It was worse than the bleeding after birth!

weebairn Sat 05-Apr-14 17:57:47

Mine was a year later and it was horrific. Next ones not so bad at all.

cakelover75 Sun 06-Apr-14 12:31:05

Yes, I found my periods were much heavier after having babies. I think it's because you're more "stretched" - sorry! And don't get me started on the PMT!!!!

AFergie Thu 10-Apr-14 09:51:58

Just had my 2nd period after having my baby and it was ridiculously heavy.. Had to change green tampons every hour for a day and night.

It will settle xx

mrscog Thu 10-Apr-14 20:38:50

Yep mine came back at when DS was 9Mo and it was a blood bath. I even leaked in the supermarket as I was caught so unaware blush. Much better now though (nearly 1.5 years on) even with a copper coil they're lighter than the first 3-4 after pg and bf.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now