Anyone have an ileus after c-section?

(5 Posts)
mummymummymillionmillion Sun 23-Mar-14 11:23:33

Has anyone else suffered with an ileus after a c section? Did you go on to have further children?

I am worried that I will not be able to have any more children after my ileus and spending 2 weeks in hospital on tubes and drips.

NurseSapphire Wed 26-Mar-14 06:33:26

I've not experienced this but I'm a surgical nurse and an ileus is a very common after effect of any type of abdominal surgery. I highly, highly doubt that it'll have any impact on any potential pregnancies in the future.

LovelyWeatherForDucks Tue 01-Apr-14 20:31:43

I had something similar (acute colonic pseudo obstruction aka Ogilvie's syndrome) - it won't affect future children, but it does make the prospect of getting the baby out a bit more worrying for me. Hoping a VBAC will be possible next time.

Bythec Tue 08-Apr-14 21:44:44

Hi, has anyone had a paralytic ileus or ogilvies syndrome after a c section, and gone on to have more children? I last gave birth at age 16 years ago, and had what was first diagnosed as a Paralytic Ileus, following a csection. I was later given the diagnosis of Ogilvie's Syndrome, since it was acute colonic pseudo obstruction involving my cecum. My cecum ended up rupturing 5 days post caesarean, I ended up with a partial colectomy, peritonitis, a temporary ostomy an spent 6 weeks in the hospital. Due to the traumatic experience, we decided to to adopt after that. However, now it is 16 years later, and I very unexpectedly am pregnant...due in four weeks. I have not been able to find any other moms who went through what I did, so I was very happy to find this thread. Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thank You!

Bythec Tue 08-Apr-14 21:46:57

Correction* I last gave birth at age 24, which was 16 years ago. Now am age 40.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now