Vomiting- could labour be imminent?

(16 Posts)
phantomhairpuller Thu 25-Apr-13 08:15:08

Am 39+4 with DS2, absolutely massive and desperate to get him out!! So much so I convinced poor DH to dtd last night wink
Woke up at 5am feeling very queasy, almost like a nervous feeling. Went to the loo and it wasn't very pleasant (sorry, TMI I know!) then promptly threw up. Had some toast and water to try and settle my stomach but brought that back up too.
I've had some 'tightenings' as well as another show this morning too.
I generally feel yuk! Could this be the start of things or am I clutching at straws? I didn't go into labour naturally with DS1 so this is all a bit new to me.

AliceWChild Thu 25-Apr-13 08:26:32

Yes. Vomiting is a sign of labour. Your body purging itself in readiness. Good luck grin

phantomhairpuller Thu 25-Apr-13 09:24:49

Thanks Alice. Lets hope it doesn't drag out too long, I feel really terrible hmm

Lizzids Thu 25-Apr-13 10:54:59

I'm at the same stage as you (39 +4) and so far all I've had is a little bit of period pain now and then. I seriously despise being sick but if that's a sign of oncoming labour I'll be welcoming it smile

Can I ask how engaged you are? I was 2/5 on Tuesday so not sure whether I should be expecting anything yet anyway!

Hope you feel better soon brew

phantomhairpuller Thu 25-Apr-13 11:38:40

Head was only 1/5 engaged yesterday hmm though I pee'd more overnight than I've done throughout the while pregnancy I think! So whether he's dropped down a bit further I'm not sure. M/W did say it could happen quite quickly as its DC2. I don't know what to make of it all confused

Lizzids Thu 25-Apr-13 12:18:47

This is my first so I have absolutely no idea hmm I suspect that I've got a bit of a wait though. I haven't had any BH at all, not seen any 'show' yet and don't really feel like anything is likely to happen for a while.

Ho hum, que sera and all that grin

Lizzids Thu 25-Apr-13 12:19:29

Oh, and fingers crossed that things are moving nice and quickly for you smile

AliceWChild Thu 25-Apr-13 13:08:55

They say the engaged thing different ways round I find. 1/5 engaged to me means only 1/5 is out if pelvis so very engaged. Are you feeling any better?

AliceWChild Thu 25-Apr-13 13:10:08

Lizzids I didn't have any BH and had been in labour about 16 hours before a show.

phantomhairpuller Thu 25-Apr-13 13:19:14

Still feeling rotten hmm I'm starting to wonder if its a bug? But still getting strong braxton hicks. Who knows?!

Lizzids Thu 25-Apr-13 13:26:09

Thanks Alice, I think I get too bogged down with thinking/reading about all the different signs of labour, but I'm convinced I'm going to ignore the real symptoms when they happen and then get a surprise grin

phantom, how do you know that they're BH and not real ones? Just curious really, as I said I haven't had any BH myself so I'll assume any contractions I get will be the real thing.

phantomhairpuller Thu 25-Apr-13 13:28:16

I always thought real contractions hurt tho? Other than being really noticeable, there's no pain with these confused

Lizzids Thu 25-Apr-13 13:32:32

Ah, ok that makes sense - some people have BH for ages which wouldn't be fun if they were painful! Having said that, a colleague of mine says she didn't have any pain at all with her real contractions confused she was about 5 weeks early though.

I guess we'll just have to trust everyone when they say 'you'll know'!!

AntsMarching Thu 25-Apr-13 13:37:47

I hope it happens quickly for you. I had vomiting and the other for a week before having dd2. However, once I had a show, whe was born 24 hours later.

AliceWChild Thu 25-Apr-13 18:36:28

Real contractions have a pattern whereas BH are random. That's the difference. I tried to spot all the signs too, but didn't work. And you will know grin not in a bad way.

Coffee1Sugar Sat 27-Apr-13 09:06:38

I puked my guts up when I was in labour. 2 midwives required a change of scrubs grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now