Post childbirth bleeding had stopped now getting fresh blood like a period.

(5 Posts)
milkyjo Mon 08-Apr-13 13:56:57

Has anybody experienced this? With my first I bled a lot for 6 weeks. This is my 2nd child who is 3 weeks now. My bleeding was minimal - mostly mucus like, then it was just a brown/ white discharge for the last few days, now today it is bright red fresh blood similar to a period. It took 7 months for my periods to return first time round as I was breastfeeding, and I am also exclusively breastfeeding DC2. Is it too soon for a period - I haven't got my usual cramps or grumpiness. If not is it usual for your bleeding to start up again (I assume not as it is the womb lining shedding). I have not had sex recently. Sorry if its TMI but any ideas would be greatly received, thanks.

ZuleikaD Mon 08-Apr-13 17:34:30

The doctor told me today that it can stop and start, but if you're concerned I'd talk to your health visitor.

Jacksterbear Mon 08-Apr-13 17:37:56

Could be due to you having upped your activity levels? This happened to me when I overdid it a bit trying to resume normal active life about 3 weeks post-birth of dc2. Maybe a sign you need to take it a bit easier?

milkyjo Mon 08-Apr-13 17:56:06

Would love to take it easy but I've got a toddler and a 3 week old! I suppose as dh has gone back to work I am having to tend to both DC and that might be the reason why it has started again.

AdmiralData Tue 09-Apr-13 15:58:01

I experienced this too smile I had a c-section 4 weeks ago though, but my health visitor said that it could be a sign I have been overdoing it. It's difficult to 'take it easy' with a newborn and as you've got a toddler too I imagine you're finding it more of a strain! I can't offer any advice as I am in the same boat but hope it helps that you're not alone smile x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now