is this a show?or shall I call someone?

(26 Posts)
amirah85 Sun 24-Feb-13 06:36:32

40+7 with n3,just been to the toilet and wiped bright red blood,is this a show or bleeding?shall I call someone?u would think I should know by now!placenta has been lyeing a bit low but wasn't covering cervix last time they checked but they told me to call in case of bleeding...am confused...

WakeyCakey Tue 26-Feb-13 11:57:33

Congratulations!!!! Totally overcome by broodiness! Well done you!

MerryMingeWhingesAgain Mon 25-Feb-13 14:28:23

grin Congratulations

AmandaCooper Mon 25-Feb-13 06:54:19

Hooray what lovely news! Turns out they were right the first time - you did know best! Enjoy your new DS x

flubba Mon 25-Feb-13 05:34:06

Yay! Congratulations!!

What do hospitals know, eh?! smile

Oh my goodness!! Congratulations grin that was quick! Goes to show you were right to go to the hospital the first time...

How lovely smile I hope you're enjoying your snuggles and 'wow I just had a baby' feeling thanks

Wow, bet that was a surprise after being sent home?

Congratulations! flowers

amirah85 Mon 25-Feb-13 01:44:43

Well he was born around midnight!almost in the car!

Ooo good luck! It'll probably all be quick once it really gets going smile

AmandaCooper Sun 24-Feb-13 22:57:15

Bummer! Oh well keep us updated! Hope things kick off properly overnight x

amirah85 Sun 24-Feb-13 22:51:06

Going back home,only 3 cm,contractions strong but too short...

AmandaCooper Sun 24-Feb-13 22:36:38

Good luck!

FurryFox Sun 24-Feb-13 21:15:46

Oohhh good luck, hope its not too much longer for you grin.

amirah85 Sun 24-Feb-13 21:03:56

Well,contracting now quite frequently(about every 2 min) but very short,less then 30 second.hospital said come in when u want as u know urself....am not that sure lol!

MerryMingeWhingesAgain Sun 24-Feb-13 12:48:00

Blatantly marking my spot. 40+7 - you won't be waiting much longer for this baby I am sure <not jealous at all, oh no not me>

flubba Sun 24-Feb-13 12:44:41

I'll come up with a good answer once my three have stopped yelling for 2 minutes to give me time to think wink grin

Ooo I know the answer to that (still fresh in my mind from thirteen weeks ago). It's because you just can't beat that 'oh my god I just had a baby!' Feeling grin it's amazing! I hope it's quick for you smile

amirah85 Sun 24-Feb-13 12:04:12

u would get bored spotty,my labours tend to be quite long in the latent stage lol!hopefully n3 will be nice and quick!someone remind me why am i doing this again?wink

Ooo keep us posted this could be the beginning of a live birth thread grin

AmandaCooper Sun 24-Feb-13 11:48:17

That's great news it sounds like everything is fine and things are hopefully getting started! I'm glad you went and had it checked out, OP.

amirah85 Sun 24-Feb-13 11:41:12

well,midwife at the labour ward said it's just a show,its not red anymore,more like brownish(TMI!)and i think has stopped....trying not to get excited now and failing as it could still be a few days....

inadreamworld Sun 24-Feb-13 08:53:19

Definitely call the midwives. And don't let them fob you off - you need to be checked if the blood is bright red as doesn't sound like a show.

A show is usually more pinky mucus. If it's blood, then you definitely need to call your labour ward, especially after what you said about your placenta.

Good luck, today may be the day you meet your LO smile

I think bright red blood you should definitely call smile

AmandaCooper Sun 24-Feb-13 06:40:18

Why not just call someone either way and put your mind at rest? They always say they would much rather hear from us and put our minds at rest than have us worry and possibly something get missed. Do you have the number for labour ward?

flubba Sun 24-Feb-13 06:39:38

I would call them. My 'show' was more mucousy with brown blood if any.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now