Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you need professional help, please see our mental health webguide

Child Psch referral - a good idea & who refers?

(26 Posts)
roundabout1 Tue 20-Nov-12 14:54:44

I'll try to be concise! My dd (7) has been suffering with a post viral fatigue type illness since January. She has had lots of time off school & we seem to be in endless meeting with us wanting something, school wanting another & dd stuck in the middle. She has never been that confident & always been anxious about school. Now this is much worse because of the amount of school she has missed & also because she is so anxious about feeling ill (or more ill) when at school. Does Ed Psch sound a good idea in this situation. Thanks for reading

roundabout1 Mon 18-Feb-13 18:06:28

mindful - thank you, I'm glad your ds has had such a good recovery. I will continue to try & get dd bumped up the lists so she can see someone. Trouble is that to everyone else she seems fine, physically & emotionally although school have mentioned she is very quiet. It is only at home when no one else is around that she lets her guard down on her emotions & stops putting a brave face on everything. It all makes it so much more frustrating as I do feel as if I've a healthy child as I'm sure that is what she looks like to most people.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now